need to know the LAW about carrying ladder? - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need to know the LAW about carrying ladder?
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 11:54 AM
I will be having to carry a 32 foot extension ladder for work. I measured that my cav is 15 feet long roughly from bumper to bumper. Folded this ladder is 18 feet. This will mean that the ladder will protrude 3 feet passed the vehicle's length.

I was told to tie it down well side to side and front to back, and to tie a few red flags on the ladder for safety. I am ok with doing that.

What I don't want to happen is to have a cop pull me over saying that it's a hazard because of the 3 foot over hang. Does anyone know what the laws are relating to this?

Can anyone help me out?

Ryan1

Re: need to know the LAW about carrying ladder?
Wednesday, August 03, 2005 2:01 PM
Hey I used to do Hise Rise window cleaning and we used to carry a 32 footer on a chevette and drive around Toronto Anyways if I remember right the law anything past 4 feet requires a red tag or flag of some sort. But I would use a red flag for 3 feet too. Hope this helps. Most cops don't want to deal with the guy willing to strap an 18 foot ladder to their car
Re: need to know the LAW about carrying ladder?
Sunday, August 07, 2005 7:06 AM
AS LONG AS YOU HAVE APROPER RACK IS NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL, AND HAN FOOT OF THE BACK AN THE OTHER 2 FEET FORWARD, YOU SHOULD HAVE NO PROB I WORK FOR ROGES AND MY BOY WORKS FOR INTECK UP IN DURHAM THE LATTER IS HUGE
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search