Where to buy pads and rotors in GTA - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Where to buy pads and rotors in GTA
Thursday, August 04, 2005 7:59 AM
I bought KVR stuff in a GP a couple years ago, and now its time to change again. Don't see any canadian gps on right now, so where in the GTA/Durham would be a good place to get slotted rotors (have crossdrilled right now, thought it would be fun to try slotted this time) and carbon pads. KVR gave me kevlar pads and they are way too hard for daily driving, just chews up the rotors. I think carbon pads would have greater stopping power at the sacrifice of pad durability, but I'd rather change pads more frequently and keep the rotors. Once in a while I hear of some place in Scarborough that supposedly caters to j-body with good prices and quality parts.

I had bought 2 sets of pads at the last gp. but since they don't wear out I have a complete set left. I'll sell'em for $20 if you want'em, I'm in Whitby.

What are GM oem pads made of?

Re: Where to buy pads and rotors in GTA
Thursday, August 04, 2005 3:24 PM
I'm getting slotted rotors and pads installed this weekend at RaceTech in Mississauga.

I don't have anywhere to install them myself so I'm getting them to.

Rotors - $80 each

Pads - $65 for all 4

Install - $120

- Darryl
'02 Z24
Thursday, August 04, 2005 3:56 PM
Thats a pretty good price. What kind of pads are they?

If you want to save some cash, you can come to my place to change them. I have the tools....and the knowhow if you need help. Although if you're in Miss. thats a lot of driving and gas to get to Whitby so the overall savingings might not be significant. Your call.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 4:13 PM
I just noticed that the Gravana post had gone into various options for finding brake stuff, sorry for starting this new thread on essentially the same subject.

Thursday, August 04, 2005 4:25 PM
Thank you so much for the offer. I really appreciate it. I hardly know anyone in Ontario, and definitely no one in the j-body scene.

If this had been last week I would have taken you up on this, but I've already made the appointment with them and I made arrangements to stay in Mississauga.

I made a mistake on the company, it was RSM that has those prices. Still in Mississauga though. I always get the two mixed up.

No worries on the second thread, that is the reason why I happen to know about RSM's prices. Apparently they are RSM brand so I don't know who officially makes them, but they told me they are RSM brand. The pads are a carbon blend I think.

I might take you up on the offer some other time.. I still have other things that need to be done to my car.

All of my tools are still in Halifax.

- Darryl
'02 Z24
Thursday, August 04, 2005 4:49 PM
I just went and dug up my other new set of pads to see what they were exactly, turns out they are CF blend afterall. Not sure where I got kevlar from. At any rate its good news for me, saves some cash. I just ordered 2 rotors from RSM, and will live happily with that setup for a while.

I work from home, so feel free to drop by whenever to use my garage (that goes for anyone who is serious about their car and needs a place to work) since I am always here. I am a tool junkie and while my basement is mainly woodworking tools (need a sub enclosure? do it here yourself and do it right..none of these overpriced flexy particleboard pieces of crap you get on ebay etc), I do have a large selection of mechanics tools and air tools in the heated (but not a/c) garage.
Tool aquisition a desease like any other, I have tools I've never even opened let alone used (and I wonder why there is no money for car mods, hehe). But I'm getting better, in the last month I've only bought a set of countersinks. Anyway enough rambling.

Monday, August 15, 2005 7:31 AM
If you want some cheap-ass @!#$, there's a guy on eBay located in TO that sells brake stuff dirt cheap. member name is roadiron1.

You can get like a complete front set; rotors and pads for cheap.. and his shipping price is good too.
Monday, August 15, 2005 5:23 PM
Brakes aren't something you cheap out on.

Go to RaceTech.

---- Limited Edition 2004 C5 with Double Blonde Accessory Package. ----
LS1Tech | F-Body.com | Eastern F-Body Association | Toronto F-Body Club
Tuesday, August 16, 2005 6:14 AM
JinxedZ THE LOVED ONE wrote:Brakes aren't something you cheap out on.

Go to RaceTech.

When you drive a Cavalier it is. You don't need racing brakes to drive to work every day.
Tuesday, August 16, 2005 7:10 AM
No. You don't.

But you also don't want to cheap out on some Joe Blow Brake Bull@!#$.

---- Limited Edition 2004 C5 with Double Blonde Accessory Package. ----
LS1Tech | F-Body.com | Eastern F-Body Association | Toronto F-Body Club
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search