FS - 2.2 Motor and Z24 kit - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FS - 2.2 Motor and Z24 kit
Saturday, August 06, 2005 11:53 AM
I'm going to be swaping in the 3.8SC soon so I've got no use for my 2.2, it's got $152,000 It's got a brand new EGR vavle, PCV valve, Spark Plugs (Today), Spark Plug wires are only about 15000k old, Ractive air intake. The motor is in amazing shape and can be heard running for the next little while. I'm asking $350 for everything top to bottom. But I'm open to offers. And I still have a Z24 kit for 95-99 cavaliers 2&4 doors asking $250

Re: FS - 2.2 Motor and Z24 kit
Saturday, August 06, 2005 1:55 PM
was the water pumped changed ???
Saturday, August 06, 2005 3:02 PM
I just got the car at 138, 000km so I don't know. I haven't changed it. I haven't had any reason to, the car run great and has never over heated once. As I said the car can be heard and seen running. Unless I have a buyer for the motor I'm not pulling it till I'm 100% ready to put the 3.8 motor in so the buyer will probably be able to see the motor running as long as they buy it within the next month
Sunday, August 07, 2005 6:32 AM
I WANT COME TAKE A LOOK I AM THINKING OF DOING A BUILD UP A ON A 2.2. I HAVE A 2.2. BUT IT WOULD BE SOM MUCH EASIER IF I COULD PUT ONE ON A STAND, STRIP AND REBUILD IT, JSUT A QUESTION HAVE YOU DRIVING ANY CARS WITH THE 3.8 IN IT WHO DO THEY HANDLE, IS LIKE SRTIGHT LINE FAST BUT CANT TAKE A CORNER
Sunday, August 07, 2005 9:00 AM
I've never driven the 3.8 in a cavalier before, but I'm assuming it's going to be front heavier and a b*tch to corner fast with, I've already got Tokico D-Spec's Shock/Spring Set, Ractive front/rear Strut bar, and I'm gonn get Sway Bars and a subframe brace as soon as I put the motor in.

If anyone is interested you can e-mail me at jus_4_fun69@hotmail.com
Sunday, August 07, 2005 12:13 PM
WHAT ARE YOU DOIING WITH YOUR TRANNY
Sunday, August 07, 2005 1:29 PM
I might be using it, I don't know, if your interested I would consider selling it. When I got the car the reverse idler gear was making noise, so it was reaplced along with the mainshaft and a few other things ($1500 worth of work) if you bought the motor and tranny you'd also be getting a centforce dual-friction clutch with 20,000km on it I'd let it all go for $800

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with intention of arriving safely in a well
presevered body, but rather to slide in sideway with a cigar in one hand,
a rye & coke in the other -
Screaming What A F*cking Ride
Monday, August 08, 2005 6:46 AM
Subframe brace??? How about a complete new subframe? Thats what you will need. PLEASE do some research into this before you start the project...

Monday, August 08, 2005 5:08 PM
Actually I've done my research extensively, and I know that I need a custom subframe, so PLEASE keep your comments to yourself, the Subframe brace I was talking about will either be part of the of the subframe (welded) or depending on whether I'm gonna want it to be removable bolted it on.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with intention of arriving
safely in a well presevered body, but rather to slide in sideway with
a cigar in one hand, a rye & coke in the other -
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 8:11 AM
What color is the Z24 kit form the 95-99?

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!
Check out my site http://members.cardomain.com/lil_z

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 11:36 AM
I wasnt being rude, i was just telling you. Im only trying to help because when I started my swap I didnt do the proper research and it ended up taking WAY too long.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005 2:06 PM
The kit is red.............Sorry gtpsunfire I've just been told by too many ppl that I can't do this swap, or that's it's not possible etc.

Saturday, August 13, 2005 1:56 PM
I am interested in the engine, but I live in MI. How close are you to Detroit? Is it 350 Canadian?
Saturday, August 13, 2005 6:26 PM
Yeah it's 350 Candian, I think it's an 8 hr drive or something like that

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search