Parting out my car. - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Parting out my car.
Tuesday, September 13, 2005 2:27 PM
all prices are what i'm looking to get, some prices completely negotiable.

easystreet air ride kit (upgraded valves, viar 450 compressor, switchbox) - 3,000
19" axis hagens w/ bfg tires - 1800
buddy club carbon fibre oem hood - 600
momo start racing seats - 700
momo 4 point racing harnesses - 250
momo steering wheel - 275
momo steering wheel hub - 70
triple pod pillar - 100
various chrome engine pieces - open to offers

Re: Parting out my car.
Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:05 AM
What happened? I thight it was getting all re-done, now your parting it out? did you finally realize that your car is a piece? I seen it at the World Of Wheels last summer and boy did it look like @!#$ ran over twice up close, by the way those prices are a rip off, i can almost get new parts for the prices your asking.

Thursday, September 15, 2005 11:39 AM
1QUICKJ wrote:What happened? I thight it was getting all re-done, now your parting it out? did you finally realize that your car is a piece? I seen it at the World Of Wheels last summer and boy did it look like @!#$ ran over twice up close, by the way those prices are a rip off, i can almost get new parts for the prices your asking.

Wow.. Now that was a cut-up and a half.

Did he sleep with your girlfriend or something?

- Darryl
'02 Z24
Thursday, September 15, 2005 12:18 PM
Seriously! Pretty harsh words there!

Of course, I don't think I've ever seen a pic that shows better than this one the pure aesthetics of why people putting bigger wheels on should upgrade their brakes!

Forget actually trying to stop the damned things from turning. That just looks ridiculous!! It's like a hamster wheel or something!

Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:35 PM
I got a good laugh out of his cutup...but I can't understand why he calls himself "1QUICKJ" when he has no performance mods...

Thursday, September 15, 2005 8:09 PM
1QUICKJ wrote:What happened? I thight it was getting all re-done, now your parting it out? did you finally realize that your car is a piece? I seen it at the World Of Wheels last summer and boy did it look like @!#$ ran over twice up close, by the way those prices are a rip off, i can almost get new parts for the prices your asking.

wow I can't believe you said that dude.

perhaps you should look at what you have parked on your own driveway, before going and criticizing what someone else has on theirs.

Granted, Kevin has not been the kindest of people on any forum I've been a part of, I dont know anyone that deserves that kind of crap.

Kevin, real sorry to see the car go, it was certainly one of my first modded J sightings.

cheers

Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:50 PM
i'll have to agree with steve on this, who @!#$ in your conflakes? Dare i say it, but one of the most recognized j's in wpg (apart from clayton's old sunfire)

take a look back on yourself before you criticise others

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:26 PM
Guys why don't you all go back and do a search and see how bad he bashed me a few months back, that @!#$ had whats comming to him, he is a rude prick, i have no remorse what so ever fuk him and his car together, i can't believe you guys think i just decided to bash this prick, im not like that at all, everything i do has some reason behind it, go look at that post he did about me then tell me if i was rude for saying that, he can lick pipe as far as im concerned

Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:28 PM
I enjoy both your cars. (except the hamster thing the teal car has going on)

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:29 PM
oh by the way, on that post he also said he bought his air ride for 3 g's brand new with upgraded compressors and @!#$, he said i got ripped off cause i paid 3 g's for the standard setup, now look who is doing the ripping off to fellow org members, he is selling it used a year later for what he bought it brand new for.

Thursday, September 15, 2005 10:35 PM
he said my car is a @!#$ bla bla bla on that post and yet his kit hardly fits just bolted on and sprayed, no molding of the side skirts, just look at that pick above the skirts are wavy at the top, no mesh in the side skirt nothing, im sorry but my car may have its flaws as no car is perfect unless you are comming back from overhauling but how dare he say mine was not good when i went all out with every small detail possible.

Friday, September 16, 2005 12:00 AM
Haha, funny thread.
Although, you're right. My car had tons of flaws, not really a big deal.

Let let people read that post, I've been where you've been. I thought my car was hot @!#$ and let my attitude get the best of me the same way you did in that thread.
Keep thinking the way you do, you'll see where it gets you.
When it comes down to it though, I didn't modify my car for you or anybody elses liking.

Just to clarify, my posted price for the air ride is 3g's, nowhere does it say I paid more or less. Bottom line, you'll never really know.
The asking price canadian for a standard ALC kit is roughly 2700, I think my price is alright considering what it has and if not it'll be negotiated obviously, along with the other pieces for sale.

And no, I didn't realize my car is a piece.
I've had my fun, and now it's time to move on. You'll be there one day too.
As much a "piece" as my car was, Brian's right. For a Jbody, for a cavalier in wpg, it was one of the most recognized cars and did receive alot of attention.
Just be happy I'm not finishing it.

Steve, Brian and whoever else, Thanks for sticking up for me.
As dumb as I was, I've put my big head aside these days.

There will be no response to anything you post after this.
This message was simply FYI.
Friday, September 16, 2005 12:21 AM
I can't really believe I'm responding to you at all, but....
As far as my kit goes, it lined up really good, actually better than most i've seen.
I took the time to make sure of that.

You took the time to mold your sides, and that's great. Unfortunately, not everybody feels the way you do about it. The car itself is round, and you added a sideskirt. As out of place as it is already, you molded it. Doesn't really continue with the smooth flow of the body and put the door ever more out of place. And no mesh, another PERSONAL choice.
But hey, my car is my car, and your car is your car..... right?

Your car isn't as hot/good as you think it is. I said it once (what you're refering to) and I just said it again.

Grow up buddy.
Friday, September 16, 2005 12:34 AM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=155741&t=153743#155741

read it, funny funny.
ahhhhhhhh enough for me, sorry ya'll.
i look forward to your response, should be a very mature.
Friday, September 16, 2005 6:15 PM
oSoLow wrote:all prices are what i'm looking to get, some prices completely negotiable.

easystreet air ride kit (upgraded valves, viar 450 compressor, switchbox) - 3,000
triple pod pillar - 100

I have to agree with 1QUICKJ.....

For what you're asking, I'd rather spend the extra COUPLE of bucks and buy brand new.
Man you're pretty much asking retail prices for USED parts (less the sales tax of course).

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." -- Steven Wright
Friday, September 16, 2005 10:18 PM
ill give you 30 $ for the pod pillar. (need a pic as well)

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Saturday, September 17, 2005 1:01 AM
KreepyGuy wrote:
I have to agree with 1QUICKJ.....

For what you're asking, I'd rather spend the extra COUPLE of bucks and buy brand new.
Man you're pretty much asking retail prices for USED parts (less the sales tax of course).

Well, you're one of the few I suppose.
If something performs like new, looks like new, maintains it's warranty and you can get it just a bit cheaper...... why would you pay more?
It's a matter of opinion, If I can get the same part I could from a shop in the SAME shape but for a few bucks less......... I'm sure I'd go for the cheaper priced, and alot of people would choose the same. There's always someone looking to save a buck.
Not to mention, alot of people would soon rather have their parts when they pay for them.

This isn't a thread I made to discuss anything other than my parts, but thanks for swaying it that way guys.

If you're interested in a part, feel free to email me.
Saturday, September 17, 2005 1:03 AM
I won't take anything less than 45US. My price is obviously high on my initial post, but if you can get it for less than that, buy it there.
Saturday, September 17, 2005 6:58 AM
Well then that explains why your car is a piece, because your one of those that take the cheap way out.

Saturday, September 17, 2005 7:03 AM
damn US prices ..... u live in canada !! that 45 us still comes out to like 1000 Canadian now this should get locked!!
Saturday, September 17, 2005 7:18 AM
I've purchased two 3-gauge pods, one for $50 and one for $30. $45US is a fairly decent price (but maybe still a bit high), works out to like $55-60.

Saturday, September 17, 2005 2:51 PM
oSoLow wrote:all prices are what i'm looking to get, some prices completely negotiable.

triple pod pillar - 100

$1800 for rims that are curb

$3000 for air ride you jokeing @!#$ in my store even with tax its not that price

this is the prices u should say

easystreet air ride kit (upgraded valves, viar 450 compressor, switchbox) - 2,000 -1500
19" axis hagens w/ bfg tires - $1000-$800
buddy club carbon fibre oem hood - 400
momo start racing seats - 500
momo 4 point racing harnesses - 150
momo steering wheel - 200-100
momo steering wheel hub - 40
triple pod pillar -30
Saturday, September 17, 2005 5:07 PM
You're probably right, I'll take my chances and let people negotiate though.
Rims have been refinished, thanks.
Saturday, September 17, 2005 6:12 PM
horrible..... can't just let someone sell @!#$ eh?
Saturday, September 17, 2005 10:39 PM
ill give you 35 $ cad man, as long as it matches a stock interior charcoal black color etc.. if its painted or something then ill have to pass. AND I WISH dry would give me a response about his z24, im still waiting... I want to take a look on it for monday yet he fails to respond... He even added me to msn yet he hasnt msg me back yet..... ugh.

My Cav
I give up...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search