Good Deals On Alarms in GTA? - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Good Deals On Alarms in GTA?
Thursday, September 15, 2005 5:56 AM
Hey Guys,

Woke up this morning to find the girlfriend's Civic was broken into and the stereo was gone. Looks like they may have checked it out before (possibly a neighbor). There was no forced entry, they just pryed the window down enough to get something in to unlock the door.

They didn't break anything, but they took the head unit and left the harness (no cut wires). They also looked through the glove box, but there wasn't really anything to take.

The CD player wasn't anything special, just a crappy Kenwood that came in the car. I don't imaging the idiot will get more than a pack of cigarettes for it.

I'm just glad they didn't go into my car. Not that there is any stereo equipment in it to take.

Anyways, I think I will put an alarm in both of them this weekend. The Civic will be easy because it is an older one, so I can do that myself. But my car is a 2002 so I'm thinking it might be best to get someone to install it for me with a remote starter.

Does anyone know of any shops that will give a good deal/discount for getting two alarms and one installed?

Add another reason to the list of reasons I hate Toronto. It's not a matter of if your car will get broken into, its a matter of when.

- Darryl
'02 Z24

Re: Good Deals On Alarms in GTA?
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 3:24 PM
Well since no one responded to this post about car alarms, let me share my experience in case someone is in the same boat.

Don't ever go to the Tint King on Hawkstone Drive (Burnhamthorpe/Mavis area). They scratched my car, installed the wrong alarm, put their grubby hands all over my car and had horrible, horrible service. After fighting with them to install the correct alarm and using up 8 hours of my day doing it, they still did a half-ass job. Luckily I know a little about installing car alarms that I could go back and clean up their mess so that I don't ever have to deal with them again.

Oh and to top it off, the car in the bay beside mine was a Firebird WS-6 Convertible. They had keys and things sitting on the hood, there were greasy hand prints all over it and the "shop owner" was leaning all up against it scratching the side. I felt so bad for the girl that came to pick it up later in the day.

Anyway, avoid this particular shop if you can.

- Darryl
'02 Z24
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search