winnipeg j-bodies - Page 12 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Wednesday, May 02, 2007 8:20 PM
speaking of boost, i have a GT25R with manifold, downpipe flange, mockup air intake, and a bunch of fittings etc all for sale....

Thursday, May 03, 2007 12:25 PM
Ian Brydon wrote:
semir sprecic wrote:i need help tunnin a 2.4l twin cam i want turbo but i need to kno wut and how should o tune it cause im clueless plus can the how fast can the cavalier actually go i hit the governer in 4th gear it really sucks dat i cant c the real potential of my car to tell u the truth sometimes i even think about sellin it and gettin a honda but seriously if my car can go past 170kmh let me kno and then ill keep the baby cause i just love it

Why do you need to go past 170km/h? Do you have the tires, brakes, and suspension to be safe at those speeds? HPtuners can raise your speed limiter, but it only takes getting caught once at those speeds to give you an entirely different reason for selling your car, lol.

Man is that the truth! I was busted doing 170 in a 100 kph zone in the middle of nowhere North of Riverton, Manitoba. Total cost $504 for the ticket, 4 demerits, increased insurance premiums, a 4 month suspension from driving and a ruined camping weekend. Thank god my car was limited to 170 kph, cause if it could go faster, I would have been in jail, literaly! Another 5 kph on that and it turns from speeding to dangerous operation of a motor vehicle. But I tell you, I sure learned my lesson about speeding, even though it was the hard way. To this day I have never even had a photo radar ticket. btw I was driving a 1996 Sunfire SE at the time.

Rob
Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:35 PM
justin if ure goin to cruize nite this commin sunday lets meet at the ass park and talk about the turbo dat u got and dat i want and give me a price plus id love to c some j bodys with 2.4 tuned to perfection i need to kno wut i can do to my car my recent victory was an 89 z24 5 speed v6 3.1 multiport i so thought he was gonna take me but guess not anyways yea the turbo

ps is jenny hot
Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:42 PM
*sighs* great.... it's night not 'nite', that not 'dat', see not 'c', what not 'wut', know not 'kno', and I am not even sure what to say about, "I so thought" tell me you are from regina.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Thursday, May 03, 2007 9:46 PM
chill out homeboy.

Juiced Towncar
Thursday, May 03, 2007 10:27 PM
semir sprecic wrote:

ps is jenny hot

no...

~Queen Bee~
Thursday, May 03, 2007 10:34 PM
u cant get within ten feet of jenny. im her body gaurd..if you wanna talk to her first you gotta get through me(flexes muscles)

OOO A PUPPY!

lol
Thursday, May 03, 2007 10:36 PM
Shane Ends wrote:u cant get within ten feet of jenny. im her body gaurd..if you wanna talk to her first you gotta get through me(flexes muscles)

OOO A PUPPY!

lol

LMAO oooh so manly.... my hero! Grr baby!

what would I do with out you..? haha

~Queen Bee~
Friday, May 04, 2007 6:08 AM

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Friday, May 04, 2007 1:24 PM
Benz88 wrote:chill out homeboy.

The guy is asking about removing his speed limiter so he can exceed 170km/h, yet he hasn't mastered basic English (some people don't have English as their 1st language, and that' s fine), is this someone you want coming up behind you on the perimeter at 200km/h+? What's harder, forming a sentence or handling a car at those kinds of speeds? I can just imagine what the police report would read like: I gone dun went fast, maybe fast too much, car red in way, bang, me want cookie?

I see people type like that, and I get a mental image of some stupid, sideways upside down sun visor wearing, dumb as @!#$ kid who just has no clue what they are talking about. At least put forth an effort to seem intelligent, and you'll find people who know the answers will be much more helpful.

15.3 @ 89.97mph - '01 SFGT
'98 Acura 1.6EL Sport 5M Y7/Y8 mini me
Friday, May 04, 2007 1:26 PM
The above post was not aimed at you semir sprecic, just in response to Benz88's post, and backing up ge_force. It's a really big pet peeve.

Friday, May 04, 2007 2:03 PM
How many turbo'd j-bodies are out this year?
All I see, are the ones only on here like: stevefire, geforcez, and myself.

I tried the dipstick trick for the oil return on the 2200. I wasn't happy with it... my car was smoking and I clocked the cartridge facing the dipstick. I had a homemade inline restrictor. So, I took out,
drilled the oil pan, now I don't have a hint of smoke. I got my turbo off ebay and at first I was like: "#$%#in ebay". I'm sure there must be some back pressure on the oil return dipstick, stopping it from draining. for my oil return I went to motion preformance and I luckily browsed, and found what I needed: a lock nut, 45 degree elbow, 1/2" hose compression fitting... they had so little stuff there... it was pretty much all for show.

Anybody tried using heater hose on the oil return from the turbo to the oil pan? how long would it last? I know it's not the right thing to do, but it is only temporary until I either do the motor swap, or complete it. I wanted to start getting on to the ld9.. I'm considering buying the rest of Taylor's sunfire.

I don't really know most of you guys yet. But I'd like to join up in the community I don't really post here much either. Maybe for something new to learn. It's kind of becoming an addiction... and with a little bit of paranoia. sometimes when I smell burnt oil or something irregular, I immediately pull over and check if its coming from my car.

Friday, May 04, 2007 3:08 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:

why so smiley?

~Queen Bee~
Friday, May 04, 2007 3:09 PM
Turbines, To Speed! wrote:How many turbo'd j-bodies are out this year?
All I see, are the ones only on here like: stevefire, geforcez, and myself.

I tried the dipstick trick for the oil return on the 2200. I wasn't happy with it... my car was smoking and I clocked the cartridge facing the dipstick. I had a homemade inline restrictor. So, I took out,
drilled the oil pan, now I don't have a hint of smoke. I got my turbo off ebay and at first I was like: "#$%#in ebay". I'm sure there must be some back pressure on the oil return dipstick, stopping it from draining. for my oil return I went to motion preformance and I luckily browsed, and found what I needed: a lock nut, 45 degree elbow, 1/2" hose compression fitting... they had so little stuff there... it was pretty much all for show.

Anybody tried using heater hose on the oil return from the turbo to the oil pan? how long would it last? I know it's not the right thing to do, but it is only temporary until I either do the motor swap, or complete it. I wanted to start getting on to the ld9.. I'm considering buying the rest of Taylor's sunfire.

I don't really know most of you guys yet. But I'd like to join up in the community I don't really post here much either. Maybe for something new to learn. It's kind of becoming an addiction... and with a little bit of paranoia. sometimes when I smell burnt oil or something irregular, I immediately pull over and check if its coming from my car.

I'm boosted, but not out yet

As for the heater hose, it wont last very long at all, hit up a place like Traction, Wes-t-rans, or any other heavy duty truck parts store and get some oil resistant hose.

Friday, May 04, 2007 9:04 PM
BlkCav wrote:on a side note, a local winnipeg member trying to sell their Koni yellows/ GC suspension here for $1000 (saying it was a good deal)

got somewhere around $500 for it on ebay LOL

I wonder if Ebay cares if you bid (or someone you know/fiancee) on your own item because you're not happy with the selling price...

Sergio, Sergio, where for art thou Sergio...

then relist a few days later...

GOULET!
Friday, May 04, 2007 9:05 PM
^^^dont forget to click the 'GOULET' link, its to ebay, its not my sig...

p.s.

GOULET!
Saturday, May 05, 2007 6:37 AM
what? 2 auctions for the same thing?

zing!

Saturday, May 05, 2007 6:45 AM
this time they sold, and he even got a little more money.

Saturday, May 05, 2007 8:17 AM
stevefire wrote:what? 2 auctions for the same thing?

zing!

take a look at the user ID that won the first auction...
Saturday, May 05, 2007 8:38 AM
Mr. Dirtbag wrote:

zing!

ROFL! Wow that's low. I'd imagine you could get yourself banned from ebay for schenanigans like that. What were they worth before they resorted to ebay?

Saturday, May 05, 2007 9:00 AM
hmmm that's special.

Now I'm not much of an ebay person but couldn't they ban his user id from there for @!#$ like that?

~Queen Bee~

Saturday, May 05, 2007 9:03 AM
Jenny, a quick email to ebay and we should have an answer

Saturday, May 05, 2007 9:31 AM
blah... anyone want to buy a partially finished car? just drop the drive terrain in it and go...

Saturday, May 05, 2007 9:37 AM
dude, if you are talking the cav, don't make me hoof you one in the junk....lol

you aren't getting rid of it. You're just in a @!#$ty mood... now @!#$ off!

~Queen Bee~
Saturday, May 05, 2007 9:38 AM
Ian Brydon wrote:
Mr. Dirtbag wrote:

zing!

ROFL! Wow that's low. I'd imagine you could get yourself banned from ebay for schenanigans like that. What were they worth before they resorted to ebay?

2hot4u wrote:I think $1000.00 is more then fair for a set of used koni/gc's I checked online and called around koni yellows are selling for $1500.00 new and the gc's sell for around $550.00 to $650.00 new. And when I bought my set up it cost me $2400.00 and that wasn't even a year ago. Plus what ever lowering suspension sets you can buy for $675.00 are nothing buy low end cheap crap. So take it or leave it, I know as soon as I post an ad for them they will sell right away.

Nevermind found it. I guess they were worth more like $600 after all? Hmmm, can't remember if we told them that or not.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search