winnipeg j-bodies - Page 13 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Saturday, May 05, 2007 10:21 AM
Justin_Inc wrote:blah... anyone want to buy a partially finished car? just drop the drive terrain in it and go...

pics lets go, and what does it all need

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Saturday, May 05, 2007 10:28 AM
ge_forcez22 wrote:
Justin_Inc wrote:blah... anyone want to buy a partially finished car? just drop the drive terrain in it and go...

pics lets go, and what does it all need

lol, @!#$ I'm so torn, i want to see my car finished but at the same time not sure if i want to finish it... I don't have any pics of it, and it'll be awhile before i can, but if someone wants a walk around tour and to see it in person they just have to give me a shout.

Saturday, May 05, 2007 10:48 AM
what does it all need to be safetied?

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Saturday, May 05, 2007 11:39 AM
Garrett! Shush! He's not getting rid of it. I'm going to convince him to finish his car.

~Queen Bee~
Saturday, May 05, 2007 10:43 PM
i been fiendin to take her for a drive but the damn rain stops that... oh well next weekend i guess...

----------

http://corpsemangler.fortunecity.com
Saturday, May 05, 2007 11:12 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:what does it all need to be safetied?

well considering every damn thing on the car is new... lol, sure the body has 119,000kms on it but its all brand new now, brakes, hoses, lines, etc....

and chances are i wont sell it unless someone gives me the cash I'm looking for saying the amount of money and time i've put into it. right now is the point of time in the project where its the dull spot, not much happening but soon everything will start coming together and progress may be seen again lol

Sunday, May 06, 2007 7:29 AM
Justin, you have no idea how many times during my little project I wanted to quit and sell everything.

There are plenty of dead spots, and usually its just waiting for money to come in.

Seriously hold in there, cause the effort is well worth the wait.

It took me almost 2 years.

Sunday, May 06, 2007 10:46 AM
i agree with steve man keep the car and finish it, i have no idea what your doing to it but im always interested to see what fellow winnipegers are doing to there J's...

----------

http://corpsemangler.fortunecity.com
Sunday, May 06, 2007 5:09 PM
the reason i type the way i do its much quicker to express my self now if u cant read it skip it and shut the @!#$ up and i was not talkin to u was i i specificly said JUSTIN not ure candy ass the rock says take my spelling and shove it up ure candy ass @!#$ face now specificaly said this to u ge_forcez22 dont hate me cause im white or maybe its because im from another country by the way i love my curry
Sunday, May 06, 2007 5:15 PM
you are offically labeled the dumbest person I know.

Sunday, May 06, 2007 5:58 PM
mr big dick wrote:the reason i type the way i do its much quicker to express my self now if u cant read it skip it and shut the @!#$ up and i was not talkin to u was i i specificly said JUSTIN not ure candy ass the rock says take my spelling and shove it up ure candy ass @!#$ face now specificaly said this to u ge_forcez22 dont hate me cause im white or maybe its because im from another country by the way i love my curry

Well you have completely redeemed yourself in my eyes. Thank you for taking the time to type that out.

15.3 @ 89.97mph - '01 SFGT
'98 Acura 1.6EL Sport 5M Y7/Y8 mini me

Sunday, May 06, 2007 7:39 PM
wow that totally came out of no where.

glad to know you're trying to get on everyones good side.

Sunday, May 06, 2007 8:39 PM
cOrpsemangler wrote:i agree with steve man keep the car and finish it, i have no idea what your doing to it but im always interested to see what fellow winnipegers are doing to there J's...

look back a few pages lol, i've kind of let the cat out of the bag, its been alittle over 2yrs of work to it now.

And i got another burst of faith in it today when i put Cal's old rims on it, the fronts don't fit due to the big disc swap, but if i get rid of the vette calipers and go back to stock nbody calipers it'll fit fine, tight but fine lol.

and to the person asking about the turbo, etc.. just shoot me a PM and I'll get back to you, I'm out every sunday so if you want to meet up or something just PM me a day or so ahead of time and i'll give you my cell number.

Monday, May 07, 2007 1:32 AM
When you did your big disc swap, did you goto a junker, or did you buy that stuff brand new like: the spindles, bearing , calipers, and axle halfshafts from GM parts? I've been looking around some junk yards and they don't have y2k+ n-bodies. I'm going on a quest to upgrade my brakes tommorrow. (and put a new power steering pump in the sunfire)

what does anybody think of the $85usd +$60USD(they quoted me) shipping of intercoolers on ebay? Things are getting super super cheap nowadays.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FMIC-INTERCOOLER-20X9X2-75-BAR-PLATE-AVENGER-CAVALIER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ007QQitemZ170091177127QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V
The only thing I'd be concerned about, would be a possiblility of boost leaks.

Monday, May 07, 2007 5:46 AM
Turbines, To Speed! wrote:When you did your big disc swap, did you goto a junker, or did you buy that stuff brand new like: the spindles, bearing , calipers, and axle halfshafts from GM parts? I've been looking around some junk yards and they don't have y2k+ n-bodies. I'm going on a quest to upgrade my brakes tommorrow. (and put a new power steering pump in the sunfire)

what does anybody think of the $85usd +$60USD(they quoted me) shipping of intercoolers on ebay? Things are getting super super cheap nowadays.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FMIC-INTERCOOLER-20X9X2-75-BAR-PLATE-AVENGER-CAVALIER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ007QQitemZ170091177127QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V
The only thing I'd be concerned about, would be a possiblility of boost leaks.

just about everything was new, the whole car is pretty much new lol... spindles came from Action Auto Parts, Hubs are from Part Source, The axle shafts well i kinda had fun getting those "new" so..

why go air to air? Water to Air intercooler is where its at!!!

Monday, May 07, 2007 5:46 AM
that intercooler doesn't look all that bad actually.

judging by his feedback he knows what he's doing.

if you are sure you can return the item, I would buy it and get it pressure tested.

Monday, May 07, 2007 6:05 AM
anything taller than 8" will be super low in the front.

Monday, May 07, 2007 7:31 AM
If I ever land into a big heaping pile of money again I'll be going air to water forsure.

Monday, May 07, 2007 9:18 AM
i've voiced my opinions to ebay already...
there's no need for that BS.

I think i'm going to keep the cav mild this year, and just enjoy life

still looking for some suspension, getting 'yota fenders and maybe a CF hood

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Monday, May 07, 2007 5:09 PM
stevefire wrote:If I ever land into a big heaping pile of money again I'll be going air to water forsure.

if you need prices just let me know! My Water to Air setup was actually pretty cheap

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 5:52 AM
mmm...insert...

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 8:48 AM

you seem to be missing a few things there munn

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 10:01 AM
BlkCav wrote:you seem to be missing a few things there munn

everything's there, especially the 900lb springs Bry

Goes in this Saturday w/machined Isuzu spider gears...
Tuesday, May 08, 2007 7:02 PM
nice where did you find the spider gears munn?

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 7:55 PM
stevefire wrote:nice where did you find the spider gears munn?

from that Elliott guy on Heights...

on another note, wiring is FINALLY done and the carpets back in...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search