winnipeg j-bodies - Page 14 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Wednesday, May 09, 2007 2:50 AM
ah thats right, I got mine off of Elliott too

nice wiring sir

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 9:06 PM
i would like to apologize for what i have said earlier on here had a bad day and im still waiting for my darn stage 1 clutch to come and the fidenza flywheel its takin forever so im sorry but if guys can help in any way to modify my cavalier please help me cause i seriously dont kno wut to do im pretty much changing things as they brake or wear out by the way which is a better choice sloted disks or crossdrilled and sloted? again i would like to apologize for my actions to many energy drinks
Thursday, May 10, 2007 9:58 AM
got torque ? wrote:i would like to apologize for what i have said earlier on here had a bad day and im still waiting for my darn stage 1 clutch to come and the fidenza flywheel its takin forever so im sorry but if guys can help in any way to modify my cavalier please help me cause i seriously dont kno wut to do im pretty much changing things as they brake or wear out by the way which is a better choice sloted disks or crossdrilled and sloted? again i would like to apologize for my actions to many energy drinks

Spend the $$ on a better set of brake pads (Hawk HPS for example). Today's brake pads don't gas like they did in the past, so slots/crossdrilling aren't neccesary to evacuate gasses, they only decreases rotor strength, eat through pads faster, and reduce surface area, but they do look pretty.

15.3 @ 89.97mph - '01 SFGT
'98 Acura 1.6EL Sport 5M Y7/Y8 mini me
Thursday, May 10, 2007 12:04 PM
i love my powerslot rotors and hawk pads they work really good for a stock upgrade...

----------

http://corpsemangler.fortunecity.com
Thursday, May 10, 2007 5:28 PM
On the ex's car i gave her a set (i bought 2 sets) of crossdrilled/slotted rotors, they worked awesome, and the second set is on my step-mom's 4dr sunfire because she has done nothing but warp brake rotors.. well to this day no warpage and its been about a year lol...

Friday, May 11, 2007 5:35 PM
right now i got ceramic pads on the car and new rotors and they grip real hard as soon as u touch the brakes the front wheels want to lock up
plus for some odd reason my brake keeps fallin thru every now and then during driving does anyone know what that might be from?
Saturday, May 12, 2007 2:32 PM
maybe change your pads. lol thats all i can think of.

Juiced Towncar
Saturday, May 12, 2007 4:34 PM
ceramic pads need heat to work they're best, and without a matching rotor they are useless. what you are experiencing is brake fade.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 3:23 AM
Where's the best place to get rid of a mattress and box spring? I don't want to take it to the dump if I know I can donate it to some charity.

any ideas?

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 11:45 AM
Mr. Dirtbag wrote:
BlkCav wrote:you seem to be missing a few things there munn

everything's there, especially the 900lb springs Bry

Goes in this Saturday w/machined Isuzu spider gears...

mine will be here before the weekend, whats your point?

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 2:21 PM
stevefire wrote:Where's the best place to get rid of a mattress and box spring? I don't want to take it to the dump if I know I can donate it to some charity.

any ideas?

Diabetes foundation, women's shelters, etc. Jenny gets our old crap picked up all the time, so I don't have any #'s for you.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 3:05 PM
stevefire wrote:Where's the best place to get rid of a mattress and box spring? I don't want to take it to the dump if I know I can donate it to some charity.

any ideas?

Bonfire

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 4:52 PM
BlkCav wrote:
Mr. Dirtbag wrote:
BlkCav wrote:you seem to be missing a few things there munn

everything's there, especially the 900lb springs Bry

Goes in this Saturday w/machined Isuzu spider gears...

mine will be here before the weekend, whats your point?

you're right, there is no point, you got me Bryan...

I'll be interested to see what your spider gears look like. Mine were chewed to @!#$.
Tuesday, May 15, 2007 5:49 PM
I am sensing that you 2 don't get along great, that is fine. Don't voice it here. Congrats on getting your springs in, I can't wait to here how that works out, and Bry, yours will be in soon too, I hope they work just as well. Post your results guys, from my experience I am sure you will both be more than satisfied.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 9:28 PM
Quote:

Justin_Inc

ceramic pads need heat to work they're best, and without a matching rotor they are useless. what you are experiencing is brake fade.

so give me some options
wut should i do to get dat fixed to tell u the truth i dont kno wut brake fade means sorry first time hearing it
Thursday, May 17, 2007 5:41 PM
well from what i know brake fade is what happens when you hit your brakes rather hard at high speeds to slow down..it feels like your brakes give out. i had to swap to higher end brake pads after getting slotted/cross drilled installed. normal everyday u wont notice much if any at all
Saturday, May 19, 2007 11:32 AM
i notice a difference with my power slots and hps' compared to the stockers... stops alot better and has better pedal feel...

PS PHATRIDE sucks balls for tinting windows...

----------

http://corpsemangler.fortunecity.com
Sunday, May 20, 2007 3:43 AM
yay for me...changing my fuel filter and cleaning the car this weekend, and in a couple weeks I'm doing an oil change and spark plugs...finally going to start prepping my car for when she's back on the road

~Queen Bee~
Monday, May 21, 2007 6:33 AM
Cav's back on the road, now LSD equipped, i'll get some differential carnage pics up for everybody to see!

still, the @!#$ thing is making the same noise i put it in storage with...

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Monday, May 21, 2007 8:15 AM
BlkCav wrote:Cav's back on the road, now LSD equipped, i'll get some differential carnage pics up for everybody to see!

still, the @!#$ thing is making the same noise i put it in storage with...

What else did you change? Did you do a new clutch? How was the old diff, on it's way out?

Monday, May 21, 2007 5:22 PM
Colin told Bryan it was worse than mine, and you saw the pics of mine so I think its safe to say his old diff. was in really bad shape...

Monday, May 21, 2007 9:35 PM
Mr. Dirtbag wrote:Colin told Bryan it was worse than mine, and you saw the pics of mine so I think its safe to say his old diff. was in really bad shape...

Errr, at least I never had THAT happen to me with my Getrag's!

Monday, May 21, 2007 10:00 PM
yeah my diff was really chewed up, and the magnets inside the tranny were full of metal chunks

new clutch, new slave, new diff, new axel seals

i'm starting to lean towards a bad shorty axel... mainly now i can feel the rapping/thudding in the steering wheel and brake pedals (doesnt make much sense eh?

but having a new clutch with the new diff/lsd have made a world of difference, going through the turns is even better!

but now i need new struts, my 2 fronts, the seal has popped and lost all my fluid.... yay...

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 5:13 AM
I bought that lifetime warranty axle thru Eric at PS off Bishop.

I've only had to claim warranty once, and the price was very reasonable.

Glad to hear you're back on the road Bryan! Now I just need to get my ass in gear. If we ever get a nice weekend again

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:45 PM
stevefire wrote:I bought that lifetime warranty axle thru Eric at PS off Bishop.

I've only had to claim warranty once, and the price was very reasonable.

Glad to hear you're back on the road Bryan! Now I just need to get my ass in gear. If we ever get a nice weekend again

Brighten up Steve, this weekend is supposed to be nice fri-sun only!

~Queen Bee~
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search