winnipeg j-bodies - Page 16 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Saturday, June 09, 2007 4:33 PM
jeez you guys are quiet, somebody say something, we can't let those damn ontarionites take over this @!#$ forum

Saturday, June 09, 2007 4:43 PM
Nobody is posting any updates, or anything. like^ what have you done with your car recently? *looks up*
I'm interested in your build... did you hit 280hp yet?

Saturday, June 09, 2007 5:18 PM
well I just ordered a new inline fuel pump to try and diagnose my issue again... I know I know inline sucks, but I just need it for trouble shooting. If the inline pump makes the difference I am going back to the dyno on June.23rd and I will see if I can push well into the 300 range.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Saturday, June 09, 2007 9:44 PM
i've got some plans in the works

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Saturday, June 09, 2007 10:58 PM
i washed my car today! if that counts as an update, first time i drove her in over a week...

----------

http://corpsemangler.fortunecity.com
Sunday, June 10, 2007 12:27 AM
i got my fidanza flywheel and ordered the centerforce clutch after i get the clutch i need to find a tranny and then engine and tranny mounts and dats it till the winter oh yeah and plus new tires and cou-ple of gadgets, right now since im collecting parts for the drivetrain ive gutted the interior and painting it black with blue outlines over the winter the plan is to drop the cavy get a short shifter oh yea and i want to install a different steering wheel headlights and finnally slow start buying turbo parts.i could aprciate any information on how to modify the motor for the turbo set up i kno about w41 oil pump gives better oiling for the motor and also i would like to upgrade the fuel system i got two motors laying around just waiting for me to start stripping them down so things like the bore wut kinda pistons would be the best rods camshafts and also if u used the w41 head will the pick up be better i dont kno so many things i wanna do to the car but i cant decide where to start and the money is a problem too like everybody alse but yea any info would be greatly appriciated
Sunday, June 10, 2007 7:03 AM
I lowered a Spec-V yesterday morning! thats new!

I haven't bothered with the car yet, the weather has me pretty discouraged. Also Cashflow. I'm waiting to see if my raise makes a huge difference or not.

I will never sell the thing, whether it comes out this year or not, its not going anywhere. Way too much effort put into it.

If you would like to see the setup sometime, I'd gladly show you, but it'll be seen from my parents garage.

Sunday, June 10, 2007 8:27 PM
Today I'm putting a gt power sunroof in my sunfire. (I know what i'm doing(it's true))
I don't want to work on my cav today, because my sunfire is starting to come along.
i just need to make 4 braces on the roof, the sunroof hole, drain tubes, and I'm finnished.
huge @!#$ty rain this evening eh?

Monday, June 11, 2007 1:44 AM
Yep, that rain pissed me off... that little stint made my freshly cleaned truck dirty again. bastards.

Monday, June 11, 2007 6:05 PM
Sunroof on the sunfire is now installed!

made reference holes.

brackets made, and hooked up!

Cut roof and installed the glass! awesome!

Monday, June 11, 2007 6:15 PM
I was always under the impression that you had to install a different roof, or you would have issues with leaking and such..

good job man.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 1:44 AM
you have to bend a lip on the roof where it seals. And there is a stock gutter that goes through tubes down all 4 of the a-pillar. I actually screwed up just a bit on the back lip and therr is a slight crumple that could be fairly easy fixed. the roof needs a repaint anyway... it already does have very small rust spots. Ideally you would want a sunroof roof and rivet and spotweld it on, imo.
I just need a headliner and weather stripping to hide the lip waves. I wouldn't do it again though. 1 mistake it's #$@%ed.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 7:38 AM
Im working on a push button start, finished up custom diamond plate pedals. nothing performance until i get a full paycheck just started a new job
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 12:02 PM
Turbines, To Speed! wrote:I just need a headliner and weather stripping to hide the lip waves.

There's a sweet headliner and time piece at the Brady Landfill. Sumbitch flew like a frisbee...
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 12:09 PM
I'm thinking of making my own headliner... with goodies.
BTW power lock switches are plug and play with the sunroof. lol

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 12:29 PM
Oh yeah... would anybody be able to tune my ride... at least with an partial tune? I have AEM wideband, 550cc injectors, and I'm running 7psi of boost. I haven't driven my cav in 2 weeks because of money shortages... that are too short for hptuners pro. I honestly don't know how much time it takes for one. I was figuring if I bought the innovate lm1 basic wideband instead of the aem uego guage, I wouldn't need hptuners pro for data logging.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 12:57 PM
Turbines, To Speed! wrote:Oh yeah... would anybody be able to tune my ride... at least with an partial tune? I have AEM wideband, 550cc injectors, and I'm running 7psi of boost. I haven't driven my cav in 2 weeks because of money shortages... that are too short for hptuners pro. I honestly don't know how much time it takes for one. I was figuring if I bought the innovate lm1 basic wideband instead of the aem uego guage, I wouldn't need hptuners pro for data logging.

There's alot of things to datalog besides WBO2 output. You can datalog with either version of HPtuners, you just need a laptop in the car to do it if you don't have pro.

15.3 @ 89.97mph - '01 SFGT
'98 Acura 1.6EL Sport 5M Y7/Y8 mini me
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 2:36 PM
The innovate wideband does have rpm converter (analog voltage engine speed) inputs for tps, map, and iat. And it comes with software for datalogging using serial cable to a laptop. I can hook up my aem to my serial cable now... but all I'd have is the afr... which is useless.
I didn't know you can datalog without pro. having a laptop in the car, was what my intention was.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007 12:36 PM
wow that sunroof install looked like it slipped in without issue!!!

thats hot!

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Monday, June 18, 2007 6:43 PM
Heh here we go my stuff for sale guys!

*17' ikon ikon 3 gunmetal rims 600$ you need one tire as one of them had a sidewall puncture and needs to be replaced. A new tire is 150 from tire rack. The tire is a Hankook ventus k104. The other 3 tires are at 70% tread you should be good to go on them for a while. There are small stone chips on the rims they are not perfect, but nothing a little touch up paint cannot fix.

*Neon rear disc brakes. Compleate swap here! 300$ Can be installed in a matter of 2 hours! Two 5 month old rear calipers painted red. 1 year old rotors and brake pads. All hardware, brakets and lines included. This was by far one of my favourite mods on the car! Here is some info on the swap if you are sceptical about it http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.p...i=92768&t=92768

*GM front strut tower brace 60$ hard to find original piece. this is the 3 point mounting brace! Easy installation and it sure helps the feel of the car!

*RK Sport upper urathane upper mount insert 15$

*Cavalier gauge bezzel painted silver 20$ great for someone who wants to paint their interior and wants to keep the stock one for just in case!

The following two items are tentatively sold! But I am going to advertise them just in case the buyer backs out! As he seems to be ignoring my phonecalls!

*00 and up toyota cavalier taillights. 200$ Pretty sure it's the only set in manitoba. If you want the rear end of your cav to look a bit different these do the trick nicely!

*My suspension; koni red shocks and intrax springs. 450$ I am including the strut mounts, you might want to replace a front one. If you want to lower your car properly here is your chance! The intrax springs need a coat of paint but are holding up nicely. 2 inch drop all around pretty much after the spings have settled. the ride is comfortable enough, huge handling improvement!

The car itself is for sale. My asking price is 3400$ obo safetied! She runs mint with 195000 kms. New water pump, front brakes, wheel bearings, newer battery, custom 1 year old 2.5 inch exhaust, and the secret cam swap. This car was my baby, she now is a shadow of her former self. I need her gone! The car has power windows, cd player, cold ac and good heat! It would honestly be a perfect winter beater for someone! I would keep it around for that but I have my ranger and my driveway looks like a freaking used car dealership!

contact me either by e-mail, pms or my cell 292 2799!
Tuesday, June 19, 2007 6:03 PM
damnit i wish my HPtuners didnt just "up and dissapear" into thin are a few months back.... I'd be 100% game for helping anyone tune, however i dont really have plans on getting another. Thinking of doing up a full Megasqurt system on the cav.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:20 PM
550cc SRT injectors are running! I also tuned car today... used old O-rings, set base fuel pressure at 20psi, 11.4-.8 afr, WOT @ 7psi = WOoo WOoo!.... But I'm going to pass out soon, from inhailing too much gas fumes! And,also... I don't know why... but I also have the munchies. Is there another way to tune my idle for now? I think the fpr screw is loose all the way.

Thursday, June 21, 2007 9:21 PM
Fuel pump goes in tomorrow, then dyno on saturday again, should be a good time.

Offically moving to Calgary in 2 weeks..

Saturday, June 23, 2007 4:40 PM
i would like to know for all the j bodies that are boosted how much horsepower and torque are u pushing and what kinda setup are u running i would like to push at least 300 to 400 horses turboed so i can spank some stangs and meros cause im sick and tired of @!#$s telling me its just a cavalier and where can i find some good tranny mounts anyone
Sunday, June 24, 2007 3:52 AM
Moving to calgary?! When are you going to be back? I'm trying to get off work for friday.(29th for gimli)
I hope to get a good time.

I Set my fuel pressure down to 15psi and I don't have to keep reseting my wideband,(afr's were very rich.) I had another massive gas leak from one of my o-rings again... replaced it and My eyes don't burn and I don't feel dizzy anymore.

Now, I know what it feels like to have a boost leak too. yesterday I was driving and so I go WOT. I see on the gauge 5psi... I'm like "o....k...?" then It started going to 4psi 3 psi and finnally 2 psi and no Blow off! I said to myself ""my car is $%#ing slow as hell! now it sounds like those cheap $20 turbos!" and I started smelling like a gasoline sniffer again. (I don't sniff gasoline on purpose)

I also want to hit the dyno soon.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search