winnipeg j-bodies - Page 28 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Tuesday, June 03, 2008 6:38 AM
Justin_Inc wrote:
DK wrote:do I need to put on my factory wheels to get an alignment? thats what i've heard, wasn't sure...

I slapped on my rk ram air hood lastnight, dusted it off from the basement. Bodykit is almost ready for paint.

Installing my teins and prothane bushings in the next couple weeks, can't wait.Then an alignment, then put on my rims and bodykit, and hopefully enjoy the summer with no problems

put the wheels/tires you'll be using on for the alignment.

Why would that make a difference? You are making adjustments (working with what adjustability you have anyways) to the suspension, the settings will be the same regardless of what wheels/tires are on the car. As long as you're using stock diameter tires there SHOULD be no difference whatsoever.

15.3 @ 89.97mph - '01 SFGT
'98 Acura 1.6EL Sport 5M Y7/Y8 mini me

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 8:13 PM
Ian Brydon wrote:
Justin_Inc wrote:
DK wrote:do I need to put on my factory wheels to get an alignment? thats what i've heard, wasn't sure...

I slapped on my rk ram air hood lastnight, dusted it off from the basement. Bodykit is almost ready for paint.

Installing my teins and prothane bushings in the next couple weeks, can't wait.Then an alignment, then put on my rims and bodykit, and hopefully enjoy the summer with no problems

put the wheels/tires you'll be using on for the alignment.

Why would that make a difference? You are making adjustments (working with what adjustability you have anyways) to the suspension, the settings will be the same regardless of what wheels/tires are on the car. As long as you're using stock diameter tires there SHOULD be no difference whatsoever.

should be, however even a slight change in tire diameter and width can effect alignment. May only be minuscule but if they're what you'll be rolling on then IMO thats what they should be aligned on.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 11:20 PM
question, do the wheels need to come off for an alignment?

Juiced Towncar
Wednesday, June 04, 2008 5:40 AM
no the wheels do not need to come off the machine is attched to the frt lip of ur rims.

Saturday, June 07, 2008 11:02 AM
ok. i dont need one now anymore since the car is sold.

Juiced Towncar
Monday, June 09, 2008 5:46 PM
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:56 AM
Hey i' m from Brandon and I was wondering if there's any shops there that do p&p. and also is there any parts that would be for sale, i was going to start on my internals.

It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:38 PM
there are a few machine shops in the city here that do port and polish, i dont remember which ones they are off the top of my head, i know one for sure its called joes machine shop. just look in the yellow pages i'm not to sure if there is any in brandon tho

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 2:12 PM
PM IanB, there is a cav guy who has done a whole bunch of them in winnipeg, really good prices too.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:16 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:PM IanB, there is a cav guy who has done a whole bunch of them in winnipeg, really good prices too.

Colin (V6HO) is the guy who did my P&P back in the day, he's originally from Brandon too! I don't think he's on this board anymore though. What engine is this for, I might know a guy that has a Colin P&P'd LD9 head on his workbench ready to go.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:42 PM
I have a 2.2L OHV and do i just look for machine shop , or someone specific?

It takes 8,460 bolts to assemble an automobile, and one nut to scatter it all over the road

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:56 PM
brad armstrong wrote:I have a 2.2L OHV and do i just look for machine shop , or someone specific?

Honestly, it's not what you want to hear, but sit back and do some reading about what people with 2.2 OHV's have been able to accomplish, and what they had to do to get there. You can throw money hand over fist at that engine, and it will only break your heart in the end. They don't make much power with bolt ons, and they blow up if you spray or boost on the stock engine.

Set realistic goals for where you want to end up with the car, and then take a look at what's involved in getting there, BEFORE you start spending money. You may find an ecotec swap is the cheapest way to get where you want to go.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:34 PM
Ian Brydon wrote:
brad armstrong wrote:I have a 2.2L OHV and do i just look for machine shop , or someone specific?

Honestly, it's not what you want to hear, but sit back and do some reading about what people with 2.2 OHV's have been able to accomplish, and what they had to do to get there. You can throw money hand over fist at that engine, and it will only break your heart in the end. They don't make much power with bolt ons, and they blow up if you spray or boost on the stock engine.

Set realistic goals for where you want to end up with the car, and then take a look at what's involved in getting there, BEFORE you start spending money. You may find an ecotec swap is the cheapest way to get where you want to go.

Hate to say it (i hate eco's lol) but i agree with Ian. The 2.2 although a great engine, is never going to be a powerful beast without alot of money thrown at them. And IMO unless your going to do a cam swap in the engine i wouldnt waste time doing a P&P on the head. you wont gain much if anything really (certainly not worth the expense)

Set your realistic goals, set a budget and go from there IMO.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 12:26 AM
If I were to boost another J, I would buy some rods, pistons, and a good head gasket period. thats about it. Ecotec is much lighter block and spins better. I loved my 2.4, but eco would have been much cheaper. My new car runs a 60-1 turbo and 28psi at just under 500whp

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:56 AM
ge_forcez22 wrote:If I were to boost another J, I would buy some rods, pistons, and a good head gasket period. thats about it. Ecotec is much lighter block and spins better. I loved my 2.4, but eco would have been much cheaper. My new car runs a 60-1 turbo and 28psi at just under 500whp

Come out to gimli on Sept 27th, i'll run ya down with the Grenade combo i'm cookin up

Thursday, August 28, 2008 1:19 PM
racecity is much closer for me

Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:48 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:racecity is much closer for me

Damn you and your Race City!!! You need to email me some pics and specs on the new car Garrett!

Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:50 PM
well I did jsut buy these.. for this year

http://www.mandhtires.com/store.php?crn=71&rn=332&action=show_detail

Thursday, August 28, 2008 10:43 PM
Ian Brydon wrote:
ge_forcez22 wrote:racecity is much closer for me

Damn you and your Race City!!! You need to email me some pics and specs on the new car Garrett!

lol, hes got pics and specs in the Dodge section on heights man!

Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:09 PM
being a ex-j-bodier and current honda owner, I don't see Ian looking at the mopar forums much. lol, small deal, I will post those pics here too.

I has a fully built engine, with Wiseco pistons, JE rods, ARP bolts, DCR 272/272 cams, 60-1 turbo at 28psi made 492whp, 4.5" core intercooler, water meth... which is controlled by the AEM ems, pretty slick unit, I have been researching and playing with it, unbelievable stuff.

Friday, August 29, 2008 9:53 AM
Nice car.

Saturday, August 30, 2008 12:14 PM
damnit i really wanna run that car with my grenade build lol! I think the old T70 on the 3.1 would make it a pretty good and close race!

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 3:35 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:being a ex-j-bodier and current honda owner, I don't see Ian looking at the mopar forums much. lol, small deal, I will post those pics here too.

Damn Garrett! That thing looks hot!

Sunday, September 07, 2008 1:45 PM
This is what I drive nowadays. After I had this car I don't feel like going back to anything less. It's no SRT-4, but it's reliable, really nice suspension, good enough power (190hp).

Sunday, September 07, 2008 4:35 PM
nice man, my buddy drives a 2.7 twin turbo audi. One of his turbos started to leak a little oil, and to replace turbos on those cars you have to pull the engine, and while they were in there they had to do both turbo (of course) Was quite the expensive job. Lots of power, AWD, and really quiet inside though!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search