winnipeg j-bodies - Page 9 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Thursday, April 12, 2007 9:39 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:3" is a good size, make sure you get a really good flowing muffler, it helps spool more than people give credit for.

thats what the exhaust cut-out is for

Friday, April 13, 2007 11:59 PM
ok I officially miss my car.... dont get me wrong the cobalt is nice, but I want my car back

~Queen Bee~
Saturday, April 14, 2007 7:35 AM
I never had a problem with spool time and lag with my 2.5" dp and 3" firewall back.

who knows how much power I was making, gah stupid boost leak.

Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:25 PM
well, finally got another job so looks like in a month or two i'll be picking up another J, I have a lead on a 90Z that has a little rust on the Apiller and thats abit it besides some paint bubble here and there on the rear 1/4's(surface).Has a blown motor and is a 5speed.

As for writeoffs being fixed, my friends dad has bought, fixed and sold over 20 3rd gens that were write offs.

Juiced Towncar
Saturday, April 14, 2007 11:30 PM
i miss my cav, esp. with the nicer weather upon us... oh well i'm being driven around in an 05 Eclipse GTS Spyder

but i still miss the exhaust note at 4k rpms on the cav i really miss it

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Sunday, April 15, 2007 6:11 AM
Im going to start getting the fire ready today

hopefully start it up and roll it onto the driveway to wash it!

On dyno day it was snowing, so the car got super dirty, and that very same day I parked it....

c'mon +20*!!

Sunday, April 15, 2007 9:50 AM
lol, you parked it all winter dirty Steve, i'm in shock lmfao!

Bonfire Tonight at Ass Park, Be there or be a dirtbag lmfao...

Sunday, April 15, 2007 10:53 AM
I'm there, Rogers there...Shane's supposd to be there...I'm trying to recruit as many as I can....c'mon people get your asses down there...bonfire will be lots o' fun

~Queen Bee~
Sunday, April 15, 2007 1:42 PM
stevefire wrote:Im going to start getting the fire ready today

hopefully start it up and roll it onto the driveway to wash it!

On dyno day it was snowing, so the car got super dirty, and that very same day I parked it....

c'mon +20*!!

you get her going tody steve??

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Sunday, April 15, 2007 1:49 PM
Jenny wrote:I'm there, Rogers there...Shane's supposd to be there...I'm trying to recruit as many as I can....c'mon people get your asses down there...bonfire will be lots o' fun

boy shes demanding today lmao
Monday, April 16, 2007 12:34 AM
Shane Ends wrote:
Jenny wrote:I'm there, Rogers there...Shane's supposd to be there...I'm trying to recruit as many as I can....c'mon people get your asses down there...bonfire will be lots o' fun

boy shes demanding today lmao

today?? I'm always demanding lol! I like getting my way. we held a nice memorial service

~Queen Bee~

Monday, April 16, 2007 2:17 PM
yeah the melting plastic smelt funny
Monday, April 16, 2007 5:07 PM
yeah it sure did, but oh well, my pics will be amazing.

~Queen Bee~
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 3:55 PM
Hi

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 3:57 PM
howdy there buckaroo...

wow i have no clue where that came from... So ya get the car started and cleaned up Steve?

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 4:36 PM
hello people was wondering if anyone ever delt with competition engine performance on portage
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 5:56 PM
warren wrote:hello people was wondering if anyone ever delt with competition engine performance on portage

yeah they are a pretty reputable place and do decent work, i've heard of a few problems from then but then again it all depends on who you talk to. Do a search for Redline Racing Engines out of Selkirk, best place around imo.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 7:42 PM
I've heard nothing but good things about redline.

got mine done at corners quickly and everything went together flawlessly.

also I've heard competition is alright, but like every shop you get 'loyalists' who swear by them and curse the others, and vise versa.

I've heard bad things about corners quickly, but really my experience was positive.

Justin, I haven't got the car back up and running, its gonna take a couple hours of small bull@!#$ kinds of things then it should be good to go.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007 9:15 PM
8 hours of standing at work sucks. .

Juiced Towncar
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 9:28 PM
stevefire wrote:I've heard nothing but good things about redline.

got mine done at corners quickly and everything went together flawlessly.

also I've heard competition is alright, but like every shop you get 'loyalists' who swear by them and curse the others, and vise versa.

I've heard bad things about corners quickly, but really my experience was positive.

Justin, I haven't got the car back up and running, its gonna take a couple hours of small bull@!#$ kinds of things then it should be good to go.

IMO Corners Quickly has gone down hill badly since late 05... I know Mark the owner very well, he lives out in stony mountain and well i just dont like dealing there anymore.. Marcel is awesome at redline! Cant ask for a better dude although hes been busier than all hell!

Keep us updated when ya get it fired up again looking forward to seeing everyone out again this year and to myself actually being out this year

Thursday, April 19, 2007 12:04 PM
i ve sent my motor in to competition, the guys their were nice and they have done a few 2.4L engine builds

Thursday, April 19, 2007 1:05 PM
lol i got my engine done by my uncle most reputable guy i know lmao!
Friday, April 20, 2007 7:06 AM
a friend of a friend used to work at Corner's and that's who did most of the work.

he's recently moved to custom crankshaft. (not sure if thats a good move or not)

decked block, align honed, overbored cylinders, overbored and reamed the small rod ends, ground crank and balanced.

it runs well.

Warren, I'm sure you'll be happy with Competition. Be sure to report back on your experience with them. (Price, Service, Quality wise)

Friday, April 20, 2007 3:50 PM
ill keep everyone updated, i got about a month of work to do to my car before i can drive it, just purchased some door poppers and in the works of suspension, itching to get back behind the wheel
Friday, April 20, 2007 7:32 PM
got the car out of the garage and washed it today, just needs a few 'more' minor fixes... hopefully

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search