Good place to get an alarm installed - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Good place to get an alarm installed
Sunday, January 04, 2009 9:26 AM
I was able to find a garage to get the install started but it's no longer available so I can't finish the job myself. So does anyone know of any garages in the london area that do good work for a fair price. Futureshop will install the alarm for $100 then charge $50 for programming the remotes, $50 to setup door locks, and another $50 for the trunk release.

1/4 Mile ET 15.2579 at 89.97mph

Re: Good place to get an alarm installed
Monday, January 05, 2009 7:05 AM
I work at future shop as an installer and believe me its a fair price and you will get the good work you are looking for
When i install an alarm i ensure the customer by reminding them that they have a life time warranty on the install.
We also will take the alarm out and install it on your new vehicle if your current one dies.
Take it from me, you wont find a better place to do the quality of work for a cheaper price

Andrew

Monday, January 05, 2009 8:56 AM
Does the car already have power locks and a power trunk release? If so then that price isn't so great. If it includes installing the actuators and all that then it's not a bad deal.

Monday, January 05, 2009 9:27 AM
You are on JCO, contact TPIGuy. You wont find anyone better to do the job, and his prices are very fair.

Monday, January 05, 2009 1:15 PM
Thanks Darren, I got a hold of tpiguy. And deflux I just installed door lock actuators myself, and for the trunk release all that need to be done is a relay needs to be tied into it. I'm pretty sure when I was told $50 each for the trunk release and door locks that was just to program them to work with my alarm, same as programming the remotes to the alarm is $50 which is such bull@!#$, because it takes literally 8 seconds to program the remote to the alarm. turn the ignition on and off 5 times and press the lock button, thats it lol. I think they would charge alot more if they had to install anything like that. Can you shed some light on this andrew J?

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 12:11 PM
Yea actuators cost about 150 for the parts and install.
To program them on the remote we charge 50 dollars, but it is not just the programming.
We need to tap into the wires for the door locks and trunk release, run a seperate fuze, and ensure that they work.
I know it seems like a harsh price, but its really up to the company.

But hey if you can get one of the guys on the jco to do it then WOOHOO ur in the clear,
I just suggested Future shop because we have lifetime warranty, and for the most part our work is very good.

Andrew

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 2:40 PM
I got the two door lock actuators for $30 and the relays for another $30. they're already installed with the two wires running into the cab of the car. I started wiring up the relays and I can finish that myself. I was told if everything was installed then they would program the remotes for $50 for each additional option. so the trunk and door locks=$100 but I guess he meant that included tapping the alarm into the door locks and trunk. I'm not too concerner about a lifetime warranty because I like doing as much work as possible myself. Just in the winter time it makes it difficult without a garage.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 8:06 PM
I had my remote start installed for just over a hundred, power doors and locks at tint master....where I had the windows done as well. too bad the damn car didn't last after that wast of money sitting there now lol....he included the power options, took him along time to program as well but only charged me flat rate as the 98 model and security bypass was a bitch.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009 10:36 PM
www.teamalltech.com

for the install.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Thursday, January 22, 2009 6:53 AM
the only tint master I could find was in the ontario, California lol I found some tint king locations but not in london.

and short hand it says that teamalltech is in palgrave which is 2 and half hours from me, one way. A bit far.

Thursday, January 22, 2009 8:44 PM
had no problem with futureshop or there price mutiple times

Working on obtainting an M-Class license... ?? Hint: 2 wheels.

Thursday, January 22, 2009 9:30 PM
I remember when I had an after market radio installed in my '92 cav WAYYYYY Back. After a few months of poor radio reception, I pulled the radio to find the radio antennae (which would need an adapter) was rammed in there and had a drywall screw through it sideways directly into my radio.

Seriously.

Of course Future Shop pretty much told me to lick their nuts when I confronted them about it.

Or the time I happened upon an Installer a few years later I was relaying this oh so funny story to mentioned that the same Future Shop had installers scamming hard on system theft. Basically they'd know exactly what you had in your car, what alarm you had (or didn't) and you know when they would ask you your address at the Cash? Pretty much all the info they needed to clean you out right in your driveway. Of course this isn't typical, but safe to say I shy away from FS in general. Also why I refuse to give ANY store my personal info in any way. This was FS Whitby by the way.

Friday, January 23, 2009 4:26 AM
Cold Air wrote:the only tint master I could find was in the ontario, California lol I found some tint king locations but not in london.

and short hand it says that teamalltech is in palgrave which is 2 and half hours from me, one way. A bit far.

After meeting Adam (Shop Owner) completely worth it ! lol. No traffic and it is an hour and 10min drive from Oshawa.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Friday, January 23, 2009 5:31 AM
Brocklanders wrote:I remember when I had an after market radio installed in my '92 cav WAYYYYY Back. After a few months of poor radio reception, I pulled the radio to find the radio antennae (which would need an adapter) was rammed in there and had a drywall screw through it sideways directly into my radio.

Seriously.

Of course Future Shop pretty much told me to lick their nuts when I confronted them about it.

Or the time I happened upon an Installer a few years later I was relaying this oh so funny story to mentioned that the same Future Shop had installers scamming hard on system theft. Basically they'd know exactly what you had in your car, what alarm you had (or didn't) and you know when they would ask you your address at the Cash? Pretty much all the info they needed to clean you out right in your driveway. Of course this isn't typical, but safe to say I shy away from FS in general. Also why I refuse to give ANY store my personal info in any way. This was FS Whitby by the way.

With any business you will find stuff like this happens.
There are people in this world who do not have respect for others or their property.
its a shame to hear @!#$ like this goes on.

But dont generalize due to one bad situation.
Not all people are like that...

Andrew

Friday, January 23, 2009 5:49 AM
I was going to say 'll make sure to stay away from the whitby futureshop.
And andrew I already knew you work at one of the futureshops here in london. I called futureshop yesterday and was told their install bay is booked until the middle of february. kind of sucks

and short hand, I used to be in that area on a regular basis, my grand parents lived about 30 minutes past durham. Very quite area lol, but still to far.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search