plz help re:headlights - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
plz help re:headlights
Friday, February 13, 2009 3:35 PM
anyone know the cause of an issue i am having with my highbeams. my driving lights work but i have no day time running lights at all when they used to work. now im having issues with my high beams and only the passenger side works. i thought it was a bulb so i went out and bought a new pair of eurolight bulbs and still the same issue occurs. any suggestions plz and thx

Re: plz help re:headlights
Saturday, February 14, 2009 5:18 AM
more then likely the wiring underneath the top of the bumper (but ontop of your crash bar) is fubard. with all the abuse it takes (everyday driving, salt, rain, dirt) is getting pretty messed up, mine was.

id start there, and let us know what happens.

Saturday, February 14, 2009 4:23 PM
hey thx i woulda kinda thought that it was that since it wasnt the bulbs and my friend had issues with his z24 cavalier headlights as well and had to rewire the whole thing. thx ill try that and let u know. nice cavalier by the way
Saturday, February 14, 2009 4:55 PM
Could be anywhere from near the washer tank (hard to access) all the way across the bumper rail. Good luck to ya, they're a whore to find.

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Saturday, February 14, 2009 4:58 PM
^ yup,

youll have to strip all the wire loom off to find the corroded wire.

Sunday, July 26, 2009 2:54 AM
i had that same problem with my high beams. i drive a 05 sunfire sedan. but... my mechanic gave me a used wiring harness from the same model car, he got it at a local yard.
it shouldnt be too hard to get a hold of, but he tried replacing individual wires befire the whole harness and could only make one high beam work at a time. i think the short in the
circuit made a lot of my other bulbs to burn out so i also had to replace the light for the shifter, reverses lights, and the outter most bulbs on the tails. hope any of this helps...
if its worth anything, one of my highbeams @!#$tered out before the other, and at the same time my DRL stopped working too.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search