WANTED Clutch line for 97 Sunfire - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WANTED Clutch line for 97 Sunfire
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 1:03 PM

PLEASE!

Someone I hope has one of these. Man did I get myself into a mess with this car!! I bought a 97 Sunfire GT for my girlfriend as a birthday present and she loved it until she started driving it... THe clutch was "supposedly" new but after a weeks driving the pedal stuck to the floor and it was stuck in gear and became undriveable. Thinking the clutch or the throwout bearing was gone I ordered a new clutch and slave and changed it all. Low and behold the clutch that was in there was indeed new so I suspected the slave. New clutch, bled system, all is well for another week and then same problem... pedal stuck to floor. So fine I figure the master must be shot and leaking some air somewhere even though I didnt see any fluid the master cyl piston rod was all rusted so i ordered a new one and changed it too. Bled the system, fine and dandy, two days later.... sticking pedal AGAIN! So I go to the stealership to order a new line and dang it all they dont sell one without the master! Work is dead nuts slow and funds are tight so I'd rather not have to buy a whole new master just to get the line so the search began for support and voila I found j-body.org so here I am on my hands and knees hoping that someone out there has one of these that they will part with. I'm in North markham area and will pick up if local'ish or can have it shipped here if your far away.

Anyone have a line please post here or PM me I am in desperate need.

P.S. Luckily enough i found a way to bleed the thing with no helper and taught my girlfriend how to do it so now everytime she drives it to work in the am she bleeds it herself. A major pita though as she works in an office and has to do this in a dirty shirt before she gets cleaned up and I talked her into the sunfire over a JAP car so now I'm getting all sorts of flack about it. Crazy eh? I buy her the car and now I'm looking like a stooge. Mostly her parents though they are afraid the car isnt safe now.

Blah. Thanks for reading I needed to unload that haha

Re: WANTED Clutch line for 97 Sunfire
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 4:43 AM
Standard AUto Wreckers. Upick yard, you can walk out with a line for cheap. They have probably 60+ Sunfire GT's/ z24's.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 9:49 AM

YES! Forgot about that place I'll go today. Thanks man
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 10:28 AM
Get the complete master cylinder. Dont bother trying to get just the line. Its more of a pain to get just that.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 6:15 PM
True say ^

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search