do you have nothing better to do? - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
do you have nothing better to do?
Saturday, June 20, 2009 5:12 PM
so i was sitting at a stop light awaiting to turn left and a cop pulls up behind me. i proceed to turn when the light turns green and as soon as i turn he puts his lights on. so i pull over and he sits in his car for another minute then comes up to my window and asks me for my license and registration. i give it to him and he says "i see that you have a license plate cover on there which we don't have a problem with because it's clear, but it is a bit dirty and can become a problem to see the plate, so you should just take it off and clean it every once in a while" he says...which i just got a car wash 2 days ago and it's been raining all day. so he goes back to his car and waits another couple min then brings back my cards and says have a good day drive safely...this is what my plate with the cover on it looks like now you tell me if it looks dirty enough that you can't read my plate

my thoughts exactly NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! why didn't he pull over anyone else with plate covers on to tell them that they should clean it so it doesn't become hard to read...do they really have nothing else better to do?

Re: do you have nothing better to do?
Saturday, June 20, 2009 6:10 PM
It's enough to blur a photo slightly. Maybe he thought it might be one of those covers designed to defeat photo radar / toll systems, and stopped you as an excuse to take a closer look.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Saturday, June 20, 2009 6:42 PM
I'm thinking he is just checking your paperwork/license etc...... making sure your not suspended.

I was in a gas station parking lot putting air in my tire when a cop who was filling his car up, came up to me after he finished paying and asked me for my license, called it in, made sure all was good and said have a good day...... wtf is all I could say, nothing better to do obviously.

Sunday, June 21, 2009 4:57 AM
Ever think that maybe he was pulling you over to check things over and needed an excuse to give you ? Same principal as a ride program, to check out whats goin on inside and the obvious.

For those of you who think they have nothing better to do, there's always a reason. I can't wait for someone to complain the day they do a random check on a potential murderer or any other type of criminal. Hell someone could've stole your car been dumb enough to drive it around (it happens, criminals are stupid) get randomly pulled over for the same/similar @!#$ and you'll still bitch about it, even though it helped you in the end.

Let them do their fawkin job and quit whinning. Whine when you get a damn ticket, other than that go about your business and leave it alone.

God I hate when ppl bitch about cops.

- T.

Sunday, June 21, 2009 6:12 AM
true blindz24 but at the same time why me? why not a regular looking car why the one thats modified?

Sunday, June 21, 2009 3:16 PM
F-cking cry babies. If they're out doing their job and it affects you in a negative way, they've got 'nothing better to do' and you complain to high heaven . But when you need them and they put their lives at risk for your stupid ass., They're just doing their job. Seriously Shut the F-ck up.

Ask me why I'm so passionate.................

Sunday, June 21, 2009 4:07 PM
^ why your so passionate? maybe because your wife is a cop! lol

on a side note, you gunna bring that rear tail light piece down so i can paint it or what?

Sunday, June 21, 2009 6:11 PM
Alysha Kotlan wrote:true blindz24 but at the same time why me? why not a regular looking car why the one thats modified?

They don't know who you are they don't know whats going on inside. Like I said RANDOM.

Sunday, June 21, 2009 7:12 PM
o yeah boo hoo okay well let me just say that in my experience i've never had a positive encounter with law enforcement and i'm a civilized, respectful human being. and while their random checks may benefit some.. in the end, police should assume innocent until proven guilty so please treat me with a little dignity okay? thanks a**hole. and besides, cops come after the fact. they don't prevent crimes, they barely solve them... FEAR of police and consequence prevent crime. my friend went to TRAFFIC court (yeah hardcore) where an officer swore on a bible and then lied under oath - only to suit their own agenda. do you really need a better reason to lose respect for these people? they're rude, mouthy, crooked, power tripping individuals who DO run lights and mis use their equipment simply to make donut runs, make false accusations, go after the little guy, screw up important details on their paperwork and keep things they shouldn't. and on top of that - if you want to pull me over and waste my time, please don't give me some b.s. excuse, you can be honest with me without going into detail and a "thanks for your patience" would help. i've been given no reason to have any faith in our police force.. i work hard to earn my paid vacation, all they gotta do is frame someone and they're "suspended" (did somebody say vacation?) with PAY?! who enforces the laws for people who are suppose to protect us? well maybe some things need to change. please, i've been waiting for a reason to trust cops.. but they always let me down.

Monday, June 22, 2009 6:15 AM
1. Your car is modified, kind of a target as LOTS of modified cars are stolen, sometimes have illegal mods, etc. so he pulled you over because you stand out more than a stock car.

2. Cops may seem like they have nothing better to do, but they are ensuring that you are driving safe and legally, its his/her job and right as a police officer to do so, even if you werent doing something illegal.

3. You may seem to think they pick on the modified car world, and they have right to. There are lots of @!#$ for brains people out there and even on the org that do stupid things like street race, perform illegal modifications which are unsafe and can cause risk/ injury/ death. (That is not to say that people who drive stock vehicles arent as stupid)

Police officers like to grab a modified car and perform a "check" to ensure that you have insurance, nothing is illegal, etc etc etc.

I drive down the street everyday and have a police officer double take my car to ensure I am law obiding, and I have been pulled over for nothing just so the police officer can take a look around. Even at the ride programs the police will do a walk around just to make sure my front plate is there, make sure the back one is lit, make sure my tails are not tinted, etc.

Take it as a blessing that you did not receive a ticket and you got off scott free.

I know I would.

Monday, June 22, 2009 9:01 AM
Brocklanders wrote:F-cking cry babies. If they're out doing their job and it affects you in a negative way, they've got 'nothing better to do' and you complain to high heaven . But when you need them and they put their lives at risk for your stupid ass., They're just doing their job. Seriously Shut the F-ck up.

Ask me why I'm so passionate.................

qft

Monday, June 22, 2009 4:48 PM
Alysha Kotlan wrote:o yeah boo hoo okay well let me just say that in my experience i've never had a positive encounter with law enforcement and i'm a civilized, respectful human being. and while their random checks may benefit some.. in the end, police should assume innocent until proven guilty so please treat me with a little dignity okay? thanks a**hole. and besides, cops come after the fact. they don't prevent crimes, they barely solve them... FEAR of police and consequence prevent crime. my friend went to TRAFFIC court (yeah hardcore) where an officer swore on a bible and then lied under oath - only to suit their own agenda. do you really need a better reason to lose respect for these people? they're rude, mouthy, crooked, power tripping individuals who DO run lights and mis use their equipment simply to make donut runs, make false accusations, go after the little guy, screw up important details on their paperwork and keep things they shouldn't. and on top of that - if you want to pull me over and waste my time, please don't give me some b.s. excuse, you can be honest with me without going into detail and a "thanks for your patience" would help. i've been given no reason to have any faith in our police force.. i work hard to earn my paid vacation, all they gotta do is frame someone and they're "suspended" (did somebody say vacation?) with PAY?! who enforces the laws for people who are suppose to protect us? well maybe some things need to change. please, i've been waiting for a reason to trust cops.. but they always let me down.

Wow cuz that sure screams respectful individual

Tell ya what, since you seem to know everything about cops (you certainly appear to claim to whether it was your intention or not), how about you become one and then make your judgement. Do their job then complain.
Better yet, everyone lets just say f the police get rid of them, and then see just how well things work out. Cuz I sure as fawk don't see your ass doing their job. No offence but your response was ignorant as fawk with absolutely NO proof to back up any of it. "my buddy went to traffic court and the cop lied etc etc" Do either of you have actual proof of that ?? Lets see it. Cuz hearsay is BS.

J_a_c_k_s_o_n and Carey posts FTW.

/End rant.

Monday, June 22, 2009 7:15 PM
nobody said to get rid of cops, theres obviously a purpose for them. but don't be a hipocrit and ignorantly assume that i don't have proof or reason to say the things that i've said.

Blindz24 wrote:Do either of you have actual proof of that ?? Lets see it. Cuz hearsay is BS.

actually yes she does. but i don't owe you any explanations. the cop lied on the stand end of story. ya my friend says she'll go become a cop so she can see how crooked they are from the inside.

Monday, June 22, 2009 7:42 PM
Quit being a whiny bitch and suck it up like everyone else that gets pulled over. Your attitude makes me think there was more to the story than you say. Modified cars draw attention, plate covers draw attention, douche bags drivng modified cars with plate covers draw attention.

Monday, June 22, 2009 8:00 PM
why am i a whiny bitch? cuz that cop was an idiot and gave me a stupid excuse instead of telling me the truth about why he pulled me over?

Monday, June 22, 2009 8:02 PM
Your car will draw a little attention.

I would pull it over if I was a cop. Just for @!#$s and giggles.

Monday, June 22, 2009 8:10 PM
oh ya and real mature, name calling cuz i voiced my opinion ..cool buddy, maybe you should take some of your own advice - whiner.

Monday, June 22, 2009 8:29 PM
I get pulled over for my HID's and exhaust all the time.

Oh well
Tuesday, June 23, 2009 1:04 AM
I remember how movies used to demonize Russia with repeated scenes of the police asking for "Your Papers". It was almost a metaphore for communism itself. There is no question that people would have been shocked at random checks in the days of fighting the Reds. Now, a digital record of your daily movements is recorded through your cell, and it's a non issue? Politics makes my brain hurt.

I get left alone for the most part. In the last 8 years, I have been pulled over once for no reason and asked to pull over and submit my ID at one Ride. It certainly is irritating, but not such a big deal.

It kills me to run a front plate on my solstice. I do becasue I know it's against the rules and I simply don't need the hasles. SInce you have a good plate, I expect that if your cover were in perfect and spotless condition, most officers would undertand your intentions to save the plate.

Most officers only get to see the worst of even the best people. Nobody really calls them when things are peachy, so you have to give them a break for that. I expect them to be somewaht stressed when the government forces them to risk thier lives for a couple hundered bucks in voluntary tax for speeding at the side of our highways. I'd surely rather them available for a real emergency. Don't get me started on the traffic duty at the Ikea parking lot.

We can hope that with all the risk and negative attitude toward them, they have the stamina to remain somewhat unjaded. If car salesman can get pretty rough around the edges after 10 or so years, I suspect a typical year in the force might be easily worth that.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 6:38 AM
Craig Lewis wrote: Don't get me started on the traffic duty at the Ikea parking lot.

Go on...

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 9:05 AM
You could have easily gotten a ticket for having the cover on there in the first place. Clear or not, it's illegal. The fact he told you to clean it says he was a nice guy, and you go all sandy-taco. WTF. Don't like the attention from the po-po? Buy a Prius.

14.330 @ 96.37mph

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 11:06 AM
I find it rediculous that the very same people that I would rely on in an emergency are spending their days ushering the droves of mindless disposable furniture buyers. It's my understanding that the education to become an officer is costly. I expect thier skills could be better spent. What it represents is the trend towards Police having to pay/justify for thier own operations.

Why else would things like this happen?
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/16/report-winnipeg-police-outed-for-manipulating-red-light-camera/

It is frustrating that certain rules exist no matter what public opinion or fact refutes them. Yup, my car gets a useless and ugly front plate. You'll get haslled sooner or later if you run a place cover. A dirty one at that. You might say that a dirty plate is like hitting the gas in a speedtrap when you are already 10k over.

I promise to use the term " sandy taco" in a sentence today. I don't remember ever hearing that before. I might have blocked it out becasue it's pretty offensive. Lol.

I drove a J in the 80's. I never thought it would ever be a heat score kind of ride. Things change.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 11:21 AM
Its not that a jbody in particular is a heat score king of ride lol.

Its the fact that some people these days modify cars to emulate movies like the fast and the furious and end up killing innocent people because they think they are race car drivers.

That is why cops target the modified world, because if we have the know how to modify a car, and particularily the want to modify it, then we are targeted because it projects street racing.

Its the few that ruin it for the rest of hobbyists like ourselves, the careless few who helped paint targets on the modified community.

And to the above post... so what, they modified data to sound like the cameras were doing more good then they actually are.

I have a red light camera down the street from my house and since they put it up, less accidents have occured due to people running the red lights.

Sure its not as significant as they say, but it is a deterrent, and it works to a degree. If anything, it catches the people who do run the light, gives them a hefty ticket, and Im sure they wont do it again, scared they will lose their liscence.

Police are people too, and you cant judge the system by the few who take advantage of their authority.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 11:38 AM
n00dz or STFU

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 11:45 AM
original poster. a cop pulls you over, just tells you to keep your rear plate cover clean and you come on here to cry about it? god grow up. if you have deal with a dozen cops and they were all dicks and ive dealt with a few hundred and all but 1 is good then all cops must not be @!#$s right.

craig lewis.

genearlly anytime you see cops doing that sort of traffic work the place they are running traffic for has generally hired off duty officers to do the work, basically cops getting to do some easy street work for extra pay.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search