do you have nothing better to do? - Page 2 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: do you have nothing better to do?
Tuesday, June 23, 2009 3:10 PM
Heres my veiw on this topic:
I have been pulled over many many times. Some were my fault (speeding), some not at all my fault (i got pulled over once to be told that i will be pulled over often in a car like mine), and some for rules that I think are dumb (no front plate, plate covers, tints too dark). Ive had my car searched, ive almost had it impounded and ive certainly had every inch of it checked over for illegal modifications.
While all these road side situations were a bother and and extreme pain in the butt at times, I do not sit here and say all cops are scum. There are some who abuse their powers, but there are some who are simply doing their jobs. In your situation, it sounds like the officer was not only doing his job, but was a pretty good guy. Plate covers, tinted or clear, are illegal. Every time I have been pulled over for a plate cover the officer has made me take it off roadside before he allows me to pull away, and ill tell you in the winter useing a dime as a screwdriver this sucks. But I did it and was on my way.
Bottom line, there are rules that in my opinion are stupid, ie plate cover law, tints law, front plate etc. but at the end of the day I am happy that there are police patrolling our streets. Whether you think so or not, they are making our streets safer. With no patrolling there would be no speed limit and a lot more drunk drivers out there. I dont even want to think about how many more fatal accidents there would be and how many more small children would be hurt in neighborhoods because some 17 year old kid taking it parents AMG benz out for a joy ride was going too fast to stop.
Ive met my share of good and bad officers, you take the bad ones in stride and hope that the next one that pulled you over is cool and understanding.

"Louis, you better watch who you call a child. Because if I'm a child,
that makes you a pedafile, and I'm not gonna stand here and argue
with a pervert" -- Peter Griffin

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 11:37 PM
sounds like you like wearing low-cut tops or something. or mini-skirts. especially if it was a male cop who pulled you over. be thankfull it wasn't a female-pride woman. you would have come on here complaining you got a ticket for the cover.

as stated before, all plate covers are illegal, and carry a fairly hefty fine with them, especially second and third offenses. generally, they give you a warning and tell you to take the cover off, be thankfull they didn't even do that.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 12:28 AM
Whine whine whine nag nag nag b itch b itch b itch. Blah blah blah.

This topic is dumb.

Complain when u get a ticket otherwise stfu this thread has no point.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:20 PM
maybe the cop thought u were cute and wanted a conversation starter? lol

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 1:22 PM
^ im with this guy

Friday, June 26, 2009 7:33 AM
sndsgood wrote:genearlly anytime you see cops doing that sort of traffic work the place they are running traffic for has generally hired off duty officers to do the work, basically cops getting to do some easy street work for extra pay.

If I recall correctly, the officers were wearing their uniforms. It appears that they are working as Police officers. The distinction between on and off duty becomes more of a detail of pay structure at that point. I don't believe the police should be for hire to corporation of any sort.

Police should be paid well enough so that they don't have to work second jobs. I would like the people charged with protecting our cities to be well rested and prepared for anything.

Jackson,

I believe a campaign exists to demonise the industry, the hobby and most of all speed in order to justify new and costly penalties from both the government and the insurance industry. The general public won't complain about unreasonable taxes or penalties if an element of "evil" is applied. "Speed kills" or so they say. What isn't told is that many studies have shown that regardless of speed posting, people generally drive at rational speeds and in safety. If a particular intersection has a high rate on collision, it's likely a redesign is in order. Or, they could post a cop there with a video camera every so often. An automated toll machine is not the answer. I think the article I posted expresses that.

If we were serious about reduing driving fatalities, we would model our drivers/license program after Finlands. Not suprisingly, where many of the best race drivers in the world were raised. They sport an above average safety record even though they have similar weather to Canada.. Of course, the auto an insurance industry wouldn't like it if it were harder to get a license. I suspect many would fail to meet the abilities that are ratinally required for admitence to the road. Think about it the next time you drive down the road. Your actually trusting all of those other drivers with your life.

Friday, June 26, 2009 10:14 AM
man who cares lol it only took 5 minutes of ur life..... its not like ur gona die cuz of it.....
Friday, June 26, 2009 10:31 AM
Craig Lewis wrote:
sndsgood wrote:genearlly anytime you see cops doing that sort of traffic work the place they are running traffic for has generally hired off duty officers to do the work, basically cops getting to do some easy street work for extra pay.

If we were serious about reduing driving fatalities, we would model our drivers/license program after Finlands. Not suprisingly, where many of the best race drivers in the world were raised. They sport an above average safety record even though they have similar weather to Canada.. Of course, the auto an insurance industry wouldn't like it if it were harder to get a license. I suspect many would fail to meet the abilities that are ratinally required for admitence to the road. Think about it the next time you drive down the road. Your actually trusting all of those other drivers with your life.

Please elaborate on Findlands liscencing program!

This is good information and a good discussion!

Saturday, June 27, 2009 7:12 PM
I'm kind of on her side. I've been part of these random checks. When I'm not going somewhere important, I don't care as much. But when it makes me late for work, thats a PITA!!! They pull your info on your plates from their car, if it all checks out, move on! In the GTA, there are lots of young cops, who in my opinion, are mostly jerks who want to shake there d**k around at everyone to show how big it is now that they have a badge. Old cops are usually the best, very laid back and only give a @!#$ if you're breaking a law, and by law, I mean something worth his time. Cause in the end, the cop will have to go to court for some stupid ticket. Courts are NO fun, especially in toronto.

And on a side note. If she wants to bitch, let her... Not everyone is so understanding. If you don't like it, then move on.. don't belittle her! Thats just rude, and this is the kind of crap that gives most forums a bad reputation. Everyone has an opinion. If you have nothing nice to say about it, move on.
Sunday, June 28, 2009 11:38 AM
i don't see what all the fuss is about, i've been pulled over by cops a million times ranging anything from a routine stop (he said my car looked "heavy") to my tint being too dark to just check my papers. Do i like it? - no, do i see a big deal about it - no. It won't hurt you to pull over for a few minutes if you have nothing to hide, and with me it never lasted more than 5-10 minutes tops. But think about all those 'gangsters' that are high on weed or crack or what not driving around you, how you gonna ever bust them without pulling them over? If they want to pull you over, cops can find a million reasons for that, but it's not the matter of excuse it's the matter of enforcing the law. While some people never get pulled over, others get pulled over all the time - that's just statistics playing their role against you (being young, driving a modified car, etc). You can't really blame cops for doing that.
Sunday, June 28, 2009 4:41 PM
BlownBlackZ wrote:You could have easily gotten a ticket for having the cover on there in the first place. Clear or not, it's illegal

I have to agree with this, you choose to do stuff that's illegal and in plain site, then it just gives a cop good enough reason to do a random check and see if he/she can spot anything else illegal.

If I was patrolling around for the last few hours and haven't seen anything or given any tickets out, I'd look for a reason too just so I have something to report back to my boss when he asks what I did all shift. The cop was just doing their job.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search