Magnaflow Muffler Trade for Stock - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Magnaflow Muffler Trade for Stock
Monday, June 29, 2009 2:54 PM
Hey Guys,

Have a 97 Z24, trying to get it back to stock. The magnaflow muffler sounds really good, nice and deep none of that fart can bee sound and it has nice chrome tips. They are dirty in the pics:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/OsinO/Muffler/P5260049.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/OsinO/Muffler/P5260050.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/OsinO/Muffler/P5260051.jpg

If you don't want the muffler but have a stock one let me know and I will take it off your hands for a reasonable price.

Dave_Karpuc@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Re: Magnaflow Muffler Trade for Stock
Monday, June 29, 2009 3:04 PM
i have a stock muffler you can have in 2 weeks
Monday, June 29, 2009 3:58 PM
i sent you an email already and replied to your post on the JCO. I have my entire stock cat back sitting around for someone to take from me.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 2:49 PM
Going back to a stock muffler was one of the best things I ever did! Now using a 'sort-of' stock muffler...believe it or not the one on my car right now is from an Acadia of all things lol

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Friday, July 03, 2009 7:16 AM
Anyone else? There's gotta be a some stock muffler laying around in someones garage..
Friday, July 03, 2009 7:31 AM
Whats wrong with scotts?

Friday, July 03, 2009 8:00 AM
I have an LS Sport muffler you can buy
Friday, July 03, 2009 8:36 AM
sent you an email I also have a stock muffler off of my 98 sunfire i will trade
Saturday, July 04, 2009 7:36 AM
hahaha Andrew, I will only sell my whole catback and he only wants the muffler.

Sunday, July 05, 2009 9:49 AM
Alex, sent you an email - Zach thanks but your in illinois - just looking for something local.
Sunday, July 05, 2009 9:04 PM
emailed back

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 6:33 AM
BlownBlackZ wrote:Going back to a stock muffler was one of the best things I ever did! Now using a 'sort-of' stock muffler...believe it or not the one on my car right now is from an Acadia of all things lol

other then sound did you notice anything different about the car?

Thursday, July 09, 2009 5:43 PM
carey965 wrote:
BlownBlackZ wrote:Going back to a stock muffler was one of the best things I ever did! Now using a 'sort-of' stock muffler...believe it or not the one on my car right now is from an Acadia of all things lol

other then sound did you notice anything different about the car?

Well I didn't just change the muffler. I took off the 4-1 header, and all the crush-bent 2.25" piping and replaced it with a 4-2-1 and 2.5" mandrel bent all the way, so basically it's a whole new exhaust front to back. The Acadia muffler was a perfect fit, 2.5" in and out and just slightly larger than the stock J muffler. The butt dyno isn't all that well calibrated and didn't really feel a difference but I'm sure there is one.

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Friday, July 10, 2009 4:32 AM
how does it sound? Stock? Louder than stock? I am curious about it as it is an interesting setup.

Friday, July 10, 2009 9:41 AM
agreed!

and post some pics too, I want to see how it looks on the car

Sunday, July 12, 2009 4:08 PM
Sounds stock. Dead quiet. Love it. As for pics, it's just a normal looking exhaust, with a piece of 2.5" stainless sticking out for a tailpipe.

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Friday, July 17, 2009 2:47 PM
im looking for an after market magnaflow i can give u the stock one on my car for yours if u still want it, where are you located exactly?
Sunday, July 19, 2009 3:34 PM
XxSnAkEyEsxX wrote:im looking for an after market magnaflow i can give u the stock one on my car for yours if u still want it, where are you located exactly?

I've got a Magnaflow I'd love to sell you. Dual DTM tips on it. PM me if you're interested.

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Monday, July 20, 2009 5:10 AM
Snakeeyes, I'm in Mississauga, PM me or email me at Dave_Karpuc@hotmail.com if you'd like.
Monday, July 20, 2009 9:36 PM

bah. I find the Dyno Max S/T mufflers super quiet..

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search