2.4 motor need ! - Page 2 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2.4 motor need !
Wednesday, August 12, 2009 5:56 PM
Yhandor wrote:has been taking daily beatings for almost a year at 350+ crank horse,

Proof of this claim?

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 11:55 PM
What kind of proof Darren , never dyno'd it but my Aeroforce Scan Gauge before headers, 42.5 injectors and a proper tune was reading 363 crank HP. Now I have it tuned for the mods I have plus headers, so should be sitting around 400 crank.
Thursday, August 13, 2009 7:19 AM
Wait, you've never dyno'd the car but you're making claims off a little gauge?

Erm... no. A dyno is the only place that gives you the ability to say "I make this much horsepower". Until then, it's 100% speculation.

Hell, I've been speculating for years.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, August 13, 2009 6:28 PM
Yhandor wrote:What kind of proof Darren , never dyno'd it but my Aeroforce Scan Gauge before headers, 42.5 injectors and a proper tune was reading 363 crank HP. Now I have it tuned for the mods I have plus headers, so should be sitting around 400 crank.

Kidding right...

Friday, August 14, 2009 12:27 AM
No, not at all, no reason it should be putting out that much, I have a LOT into it, you saw it when you sold me the boost gauge
Friday, August 14, 2009 3:46 AM
Yhandor wrote:No, not at all, no reason it should be putting out that much, I have a LOT into it, you saw it when you sold me the boost gauge

I remember seeing it. But it was a regular grand Prix with an intake.
Remember this... Raven put down 267 to the wheels with the same amount of mods as you, and that was through a 5 speed. I would say that you have roughly 250-260 to the wheels. Calculate for 15% powertrain loss = 287-302 to the wheels. But hey, prove me wrong. Bull@!#$ ends on the rollers...

Saturday, August 15, 2009 4:59 AM
back to the original topic, I have a 99 sunfire gt, 2.4 auto for sale I bought it for the front end, looking to sell the whole car cheap
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search