going to need pcm reflashed - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
going to need pcm reflashed
Sunday, October 04, 2009 3:44 PM
hey i'm starting a 3400 swap into my cav and I'm going to need the computer from a 2000 grand am computer reflashed so it will work with a manual transmission. If anybody within a few hours of hamilton has hp tuners and can do this for me it would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, on top of me appreciating your help, I would be willing to pay you, I'm not expecting a freebie here.

Re: going to need pcm reflashed
Wednesday, October 07, 2009 3:26 AM
Come on guys, I'm sure someone around here can do this, or atleast suggest a place to get it done at.... I'm not asking for a full tune of my car, I just need the 3400 to work with a manual trans.
Saturday, October 10, 2009 10:20 AM
your going from auto to stick it won't need to be flashed it should only need to be flashed if your going stick to auto have helped with many of these conversions and have all been fine when installation is complete turn ignition on don't start leave it on for 10min or until antitheft light stops flashing hope this helps
Saturday, October 10, 2009 4:21 PM
brandon smith wrote:your going from auto to stick it won't need to be flashed it should only need to be flashed if your going stick to auto have helped with many of these conversions and have all been fine when installation is complete turn ignition on don't start leave it on for 10min or until antitheft light stops flashing hope this helps

WRONG!
He NEEDS HPT if he even wants to start the car. Vats owns us when we do swaps like this. The car wont even start until its disabled with HPT.

Sunday, October 11, 2009 10:37 AM
^^ This guy.....knows his @!#$. I'd listen to him.

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Monday, October 12, 2009 6:56 AM
gtpsunfire wrote:
brandon smith wrote:your going from auto to stick it won't need to be flashed it should only need to be flashed if your going stick to auto have helped with many of these conversions and have all been fine when installation is complete turn ignition on don't start leave it on for 10min or until antitheft light stops flashing hope this helps

WRONG!
He NEEDS HPT if he even wants to start the car. Vats owns us when we do swaps like this. The car wont even start until its disabled with HPT.

Since I am the one doing all the flashing for him, I can confirm this. It's because you aren't using the bcm and cluster from the donor PCM, so you absoloutely need to shut off VATS so that the car will start. There is a lot of code removing for the auto trans, too. In fact, it's quite a decent amount of work.... not difficult, just a lot of things that need changed to make the car idle/run like stock.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Monday, October 12, 2009 11:40 AM
sorry guys never really dawned on me until now that the swaps that i've been involved with have been pre 2000 with the 3400 quad cam out of the lumina z34 and the supercharger 3800's out of 96 and 97 bonne ssei's didn't
Monday, October 12, 2009 3:18 PM
SweetnessGT wrote:Since I am the one doing all the flashing for him, I can confirm this. It's because you aren't using the bcm and cluster from the donor PCM, so you absoloutely need to shut off VATS so that the car will start. There is a lot of code removing for the auto trans, too. In fact, it's quite a decent amount of work.... not difficult, just a lot of things that need changed to make the car idle/run like stock.

-Chris-

Hey where abouts in canada are you located? Any chance you could do this for me?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search