Installing airride? - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Installing airride?
Thursday, November 26, 2009 3:18 PM
Hey everyone I bought Mr.Choos air ride off him but dont know how to install it......theres a @!#$ ton of wires.....like tons....i have no idea how to hook it up........and how do i run the front airlines through the firewall, like geting the airline from the strut to the firewall, because i dont want to run the line under the car and up through the engine bay.........i know how to install the struts themselves but runnign line and all this wiring has got me stumped.....and i need a line from the compressor to the tank, the one he had blew, its one of those SS braided lines about a foot long..........anyone willing to come down to woodstock and help out???

Re: Installing airride?
Thursday, November 26, 2009 3:41 PM
Your best bet is to install them under the car. I'm not aware of anyone that has ran them inside the car.

Thursday, November 26, 2009 4:05 PM
i ran mine in side and so is gary and they are fine...
Thursday, November 26, 2009 4:24 PM
i ran mine inside under the threash holds out grouments on the fire wall.some info we need would be pics of ur switch box system and pic of the vavles

Thursday, November 26, 2009 5:46 PM
ill snap some pictures later on for you guys!
Friday, November 27, 2009 4:21 AM
give up, make a profit and sell it to me, just sayin.....

Friday, November 27, 2009 5:41 AM
^^^ agreed

(and sell me one of the front struts matt lol)

Friday, November 27, 2009 10:39 AM
Well here are pics of the setup, I wasnt lying about an assload of wires.......

hopefully someone can help out, its got me stumped.
Friday, November 27, 2009 11:48 AM
call up easy street, and say " give me the digital up grade, and digital vales" than give them your credit card......wait a few week, than enjoy half the wiring

but in all seriousness, on the air lift web site is the wiring diagrams..start sortin.

Friday, November 27, 2009 12:15 PM
WOW WOW WOW what a mess. ok heres what it looks like. It appears there should be a silver box with buttons and a screen possibly but seems it has ditgial gauges on it that is what the ones marked sensors are they read the air. now the air lines off the top and down the tube have the sensors are your FILL lines they go to the bags to lift. The othe one that faces down is you DUMP lines which will let the air outta the line to drop. Good that they are like that on the tank already. obviously there will be a port that connetcs to the comp to fill the tank. The Black box with the white label is for the controls it is labeled on there. What u need to fig out is on the vavles which is POS and which is NEG 16 all together. wire the pos from lift vavle to pos on box marked up and fig what side the air line feeds FL< FR< RL<RR and then do the same for the corasponding dump(down) lines. From then you should be at the lines feed to the strurts right and the vavles wired up to corrasponding bags. you will still need a Ground to the Chassis to ground the vavles at the BOx wit label and a POSITVE with a in line fuse. the clear box also needs to be POSITVE AND NEGITVE connections aswell. if you do have the digital screen prob have a Ethernet line in the mess this is the data feed to the screen standard computer part. the comp you will want a inline fuse to the battery and a Chassis Ground. there should be a sensor on the tank now this is one of two hook ups one it runs thu the clear box of it has two prongs. if has a harness like plug then it runs with the clear box and u will have a comp lead off that. if its two prong you will run the pos from batt to the one side and the a line to the comp. this is you tank pressure switch and it will kill power to the comp when tank is full and will restart at a certain pressue to re build air. i would also put a kill switch in that line to the comp to as a back up if you live where it will be cold alot. Little added back up. i believe i covered it all if not just post ill check my setup and respond.

Friday, November 27, 2009 12:26 PM
oh if you get a better shot of the tank side where the comp is ill comfirm the presure switch wireing. but it appears to be the second way i mentioned. the silver cylinder is a water trap goes inline from the comp to the tank and traps 90-95% of water from the air sweating outta the comp and keeps from goinin in tank. its marked feed and output with arrows. you will wanna drain thisoften.the clear box with the switches is your controls and is rather nice i think for manuel now guys dont get it twisted i LOVE my digital that gary mentioned cept didnt wanna spend it again for the driver. the box should have a key with it so on the side you can lock and kill power to the system. there is also a position on the box with sticker that says aux this is if you have a aftermarket alarm you can run a line from the alarms aux to this and when you leave and lock it will dump the air and flatten the car out when parked and armed. alittle time and work this could endup being clean and simple i was like you saw the wires and was wtf but couple beers later and patiance and i was golden at leaste you are gettin help i went at it blind lol but i like learning that way helps retain and i feel nice i did that . any way now i believe i got every thing

Friday, November 27, 2009 12:58 PM
Alrighty thanks its a little confusing but yeah ill try when i start installing it, would you be able to come to woodstock to help with wiring if need be???? thanks!
Friday, November 27, 2009 3:04 PM
Anything that is duct taped up, don't touch it. I have no idea what any of that stuff is. Anything that is a large red wire with a fuse kit, get 12v battery.

There are some wires coming from the clear box that has a crap load of little black wires coming into it. Looks like red and white?maybe. Let me know what colours are there and i'll help you.

The black wire that come off the compressor goes to ground. The other wire goes to the pressure switch on the tank.(I'm not 100% sure but if there is a female connector on it than it does)

I might be able to come up there and help you wire this stuff up. Once I see everything again, I will remember.
Friday, November 27, 2009 4:28 PM
lol @ this thread.

Friday, November 27, 2009 11:47 PM
Okay thanks Matt, I havent started yet, and dont want to until I know i can have someone know knows how to wire to help before I tear the interior out and everything and put in the air bags and then find out i cant figure out wiring and the car cant move..........I also still need that line matt, I noticed at home depot, the SS braided lines that go on the back of sinks for the water are the exact same design, would one of those work for tank - compressor? and i dont know how to wire the digital guage stuff....ive been looking at it for a while now and cant figure anything out, as i looked at my friends sunfire, he has like 6 wires and thats it lol, none of this......so let me know, i lost my job so got lots of time to get out there and work on it........just need that one line you said, and dont got a credit card or paypal or anything to order it off that site......thanks!
Saturday, November 28, 2009 5:57 AM
I'm going to try and help simplify this for you

First step. (installation instructions from easy street)
http://www.easystreetair.com/manuals/27630.pdf

Second step:
Take pictures of everything out of the car, all layed out so we can see everything that you have. (this will help out the people you are requesting help from)

Third step:
Try it out yourself, because IF there are problems...... you have at least an idea on what you're doing or looking for

Fourth step:
Before applying power, have someone go over all your connections to ensure it's wired correctly.

About the steel braided line, as long as it's air sealed you're good... you could ask a technician where you're buying it from
About the air lines running in the car, or under... that's your choice, it's best to go inside of the car, and use the steel braided lines when needing to go through the chassis or fender well. Make sure you rubber gromet the hole so it's water tight.

Saturday, November 28, 2009 12:50 PM
Okay ill snap more pictures of it all, as mr.choo said(bought it off him) dont rip apart everything in duct tape, but ill take cleaners pics later this weekend and post em up!!!!
Sunday, November 29, 2009 1:58 PM
Okay I layed everything out so pictures would be easier for you guys, as for the digital gauge kit thing, I pulled everything out and am missing one of the sensor thigns that go on the line to monitor the pressure so I will be using the white faced gauge as shown in the picture......how do i get around the digital gauge kit? and if anyone wants to buy the digital stuff i will sell it. ....but anyways heres pictures of EVERYTHING I got.

Sunday, November 29, 2009 2:00 PM

Sunday, November 29, 2009 2:19 PM
Wow,

Personally.... since you don't have the Air management digital display box that runs the ethernet controls...

I would pitch or sell all of the digital stuff.... including the ECU and go straight from the switch box to the solenoids on the tank.

Straight power and ground connections
purchase a 175-200psi pressure switch for the tank, that has a remote compressor switch on/off
scrap the oiler (if you want) it doesnt take much to oil solenoids when the tank is emptied.
and run Dual needle gauges for each bag...

Go Manual.
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but it will save you a headache and a half
plus what you purchased this kit for, you have pretty much everything you need anyway to go manual, and you still bought it for a decent price.

Do you know if those solenoids can be activated manually? (just positive and negative controlled?)

Sunday, November 29, 2009 3:25 PM
Whats the oiler? I think thats the thing that catches water so it doesnt get into the tank....i could care less about digital, do all i need is to run that white faced mechanical air gauge from the tank to the front so i can see how much pressure I have? Im not worried about a gauge for each bag, way too much work and clutter, Im new to this so all of this is VERY frustrating and confusing, I dont know what to do i need someone to help me! Thanks matt for your posts!

Sunday, November 29, 2009 6:53 PM
This kit came from Josh Rodrigues' orange sunfire. It had the black stripe down the center i believe. I think he bought it off another member, but not 100% sure. This is how I received it. I made it work with what was there. I don't know much about the manual and digital stuff when it comes to these kits, but I was able to wire it properly and make it work. The grey thing is for water not oil, unless they are one and the same. The air dryer I had blew on me and I had to get a replacement.

The white mechanical air pressure gauge was never installed, I was just gonna slap it on the tank.

The little grey box with the black gauge and all the green and white wires i never installed at all.
Monday, November 30, 2009 1:58 PM
WOWOWOWOWOWOW.... where do u live? if u live in the oshawa area me and zac can get it done for u ..
Tuesday, December 01, 2009 5:19 AM
yea get ride of the clear box which is the ecu for the digtal ez street air managemnet and the the brass sensors u wont need those any more since the digtal controller box is there. too bad i didnt live closer i would have came down and fixed all the wiring for u, i had a buddy that had the same problem but maybe worst.

Tuesday, December 01, 2009 10:17 AM
Damn Krzy your in Winnipeg Fly down here You can stay in the spare room at my house here lol.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search