F.S 2001 Sunfire GT - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
F.S 2001 Sunfire GT
Saturday, December 19, 2009 4:51 PM
For Sale i have a 2001 Sunfire Gt, 2dr, silver. Cars Fully optioned other than a sunroof. 2.4 Auto, Tilt cruise, Lumbar, monsoon stereo, power windows, power locks, pwr mirrors, delay wipers, A/c, leather wrap steering wheel/shifter/ebrake, Fog-lights, duel exhuast, Key-less entry and alarm.

Just put a hole list of new parts on the car, still have all bills/receipts.
Brand new parts include....

Front Strut mounts -left & right
Rear Strut mounts - left & right
Rear struts
Fuel filter
Front Brakes -pads & rotors
Rear Brakes - drums & Shoes
New front tires
Spark plugs
BRAND NEW GM 2.4 WATER PUMP
Coolant flush
thermostat
Oil change, filter & lube

Asking $2800 cert & etest
$2500 As-Is O.B.O

Re: F.S 2001 Sunfire GT
Saturday, December 19, 2009 4:59 PM
nice flip

Saturday, December 19, 2009 5:38 PM
She aint sold yet lol

Saturday, December 19, 2009 5:42 PM
it wont last long buddy..bump it up someone buy this car garys a good guy!!!!!

Saturday, December 19, 2009 9:23 PM
you in manitoba man I would give you 2100.00 as is man. If so email your phone number or reply with email address I could ball it out in that. I would have to get a sunroof put in the car.
Saturday, December 19, 2009 9:42 PM
Please explain "Ball out" I'm intrigued.

Saturday, December 19, 2009 9:58 PM
please keep your "ballin" jokes in your own thread so this can stay on topic, as-well learn to read profiles, i'm in Ontario. Thank you.

Monday, December 21, 2009 6:38 PM
hey gary this guy is freakin annoeying eh if everyone from manitoba is that mess then no wonder they have no hockey team. hahahaha

hey was this the gregs old car and got a 2.4 from adams car???? or is it a completely different car

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, December 21, 2009 8:50 PM
its a different car.

mine was 5 speed

Gary has my old car as his beater

Thursday, December 24, 2009 1:40 PM
NOTa2_4 wrote:hey gary this guy is freakin annoeying eh if everyone from manitoba is that mess then no wonder they have no hockey team. hahahaha

hey was this the gregs old car and got a 2.4 from adams car???? or is it a completely different car

common man, u know me better than that, why would i take out and eco from a 2.4, i hate 2.4s lol.

We sold the 2.4 outta adams vert to a guy on the jco like a month after he got the car.

But yea, different car, i'm still driving greg's old car, this is the car that was forsale on hear a month or so ago up in midland. Motor came from Ians car.

Non-the less SOLD

Thursday, December 24, 2009 1:42 PM
dam no edit buttion "why would i take out a eco and put in a 2.4" haha

Saturday, December 26, 2009 1:56 PM
^ yeah for sure, would be like taking the ls9 out of a ZR-1 and dropping in the 3 cylinder motor from a geo metro

Sunday, December 27, 2009 8:20 AM
never know if you have a 2.4 laying around and have plans for an eco its a good way of getting rid of the 2.4 one would have laying around.

i remember the car now

JBO since July 30, 2001
Sunday, December 27, 2009 10:14 AM
DavefromEngland wrote:^ yeah for sure, would be like taking the ls9 out of a ZR-1 and dropping in the 3 cylinder motor from a geo metro

Yeah because the Eco is SO much better...

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Sunday, December 27, 2009 10:27 AM
All you dohc guys....

I ball out in my ohv.

In michigan. I'm cross border ballin

Sunday, December 27, 2009 11:56 AM
BlownBlackZ wrote:
DavefromEngland wrote:^ yeah for sure, would be like taking the ls9 out of a ZR-1 and dropping in the 3 cylinder motor from a geo metro

Yeah because the Eco is SO much better...

i think so, can't imagine a ld9 managing not to explode at 7000 rpm with 18:1 AFR, without any KR at all. I killed a 2.4 but have not managed the same with my eco and it gets seriously abused. having owned both i an say that i much prefer the eco, hands down

Sunday, December 27, 2009 3:58 PM
Personal preferance really. I have driven both. And I would NEVER take out a 2.4 to put an eco in.

Sunday, December 27, 2009 8:19 PM
I've replaced and/or rebuilt 5 Ecotecs in 3 years. Know how many LD9s? You don't need any fingers to count. Yep, Eco is better!

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Sunday, December 27, 2009 8:32 PM
i've replaced 3 blowen 2.4's in the last 3-4 months..........never a blown eco.....ever...

like darren says its personal preference, and if you take care of your car you shouldn't have any problems.

myself, can't stand driving a 2.4, had 2 so far and its hard to explain but i almost don't trust em.....have 2 eco powered cars right now, and love em...

every one can argue all day, but different strokes for different folks.

Monday, December 28, 2009 9:38 AM
BlownBlackZ wrote:I've replaced and/or rebuilt 5 Ecotecs in 3 years. Know how many LD9s? You don't need any fingers to count. Yep, Eco is better!

how many cars with eco would come into a dealer? hundreds, how many with a 2.4 seeing as since 2002 almost 8 years ago they stopped making them? how many people bring an 8 year old car to a dealer? so you are much more likely to see ecos and yes some of them may blow but not at the frequency 2.4s are reknowned for vette dealers rebuild vette motor regulalry because of abuse and bent valave form them being overrevved by moron drivers . Weak oiling system and spinning bearings not to mention the water pump issue. there are way more ecos out there than ld9 and you've only seen 5 in 3 years that needed rebuilding, that sound like a pretty good failure rate on the whole. How often do people make a post, " i picked up this s/f gt or Z24 with an ld for $200 because the motor is knocking? all the time. sure if they are looked after they can last but i'm one for abusing everything and so far the eco has taken 3 years of punishment and asked for more. My first ld-9 lasted all of 8 months

Monday, December 28, 2009 9:55 AM
i will say this i just had my motor done ld9 and put a clevitte timing chain and for some reason the chain broke and that was a pain in the butt to do well my fiance and my mechanic were bitching for almost 5 hours doing it btw im done with it he gave me his svt focus and i gave him my cavy its his problem know lol. Btw they both said ectoec easy motor to work on and more aftermarket support for it but still does'nt sound as sexy as a quad4 btw that was there opinion...

Monday, December 28, 2009 11:10 AM
sarah m wrote:i will say this i just had my motor done ld9 and put a clevitte timing chain and for some reason the chain broke and that was a pain in the butt to do well my fiance and my mechanic were bitching for almost 5 hours doing it btw im done with it he gave me his svt focus and i gave him my cavy its his problem know lol. Btw they both said ectoec easy motor to work on and more aftermarket support for it but still does'nt sound as sexy as a quad4 btw that was there opinion...

???
Excuse me? I think we need to talk Sarah.

Monday, December 28, 2009 12:51 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:
sarah m wrote:i will say this i just had my motor done ld9 and put a clevitte timing chain and for some reason the chain broke and that was a pain in the butt to do well my fiance and my mechanic were bitching for almost 5 hours doing it btw im done with it he gave me his svt focus and i gave him my cavy its his problem know lol. Btw they both said ectoec easy motor to work on and more aftermarket support for it but still does'nt sound as sexy as a quad4 btw that was there opinion...

???
Excuse me? I think we need to talk Sarah.

dont worry darren its still your motor im just tired of the car my truck died and i cant stand driveing the cavy cause of the window wont close. And my fiance was getting rid of the focus so he gave it to me for a x-mas present . And i kept the old chain that broke and guides and for proof lol.

And the cavy he is driveing it at the moment cause his dodge ram got destroyed in a wreck just before xmas pics of his truck are on my photobucket account..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search