04 Z24 sedan and 02 Coupe for sale - Page 3 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 04 Z24 sedan and 02 Coupe for sale
Sunday, January 10, 2010 11:31 AM
And you didn't detect any attitude until the replies started about I can get one for this etc which once again should be kept in pms .

Brocklanders wrote:All our "Idiotic" questions and comment were meant to shed light on a deal you were basically too un-informed or lazy to explain.
You would agree the 2000 Cav made the deal as it was to take the "mint" '04 motor?
Would you also agree that stating that it's 'Silver' and MAY be a Z is laughably too little info?

Then you'd also agree that communities like this J-body forum as cheap as f-ck as they are, tend to try to stick together and assess deals etc.. for each other. If you'd explained the products you were selling properly, or taken a picture of both (I don't care how many other deals have no pics....the onus is on you to provide pics in a deal such as this) Prospective buyers could have all the info and either contact you with interest, or not bother. I detected a bit of your attitude pretty early in the thread. What can I say, insulting the people you are selling to usually ends pretty much like this...well done sir.

I guess this is inevitable, but what high class vehicle do you drive?

Sunday, January 10, 2010 12:47 PM
Anthony Johnston wrote:Understood , not sure why though if people don't like something they should use pm instead of replying to the classified , most other forums forbid comments about price etc

this isn't the classifieds......

Sunday, January 10, 2010 1:18 PM
Gary Frank wrote:
Anthony Johnston wrote:Understood , not sure why though if people don't like something they should use pm instead of replying to the classified , most other forums forbid comments about price etc

this isn't the classifieds......

Sunday, January 10, 2010 1:55 PM
judging by your last post, you are selling a front clip attached to 2000lbs of useless metal and a 2000 coupe that doesn't run. How is someone supposed to collect these car first of all? they are going to need to trailer both of them and most likely seperately and that is if the 04 can even be moved. If they are at a shop, they would have been abondoned there by former owners etc. so there could be a possibility of not being able to register them. if that's the case you essentially have a parts can and a motor and trans. putting that ecotec into that coupe isn't an afternoon job. a working 2000 coupe can be had for under $2000. So what people are trying to et accross is you are trying to sell something that doesn't seem like any sort of good deal and also a picture of these cars would help people assess whether or not they are interested. I;ve never seen an ad on the autotrader that said i can't be bothered to take a photo, just picture a 2000 cavalier. wouldn't it be easier to just take photos than to argue, but either way, there's clearly no interest in these cars on here so you are efectively wasting your breath arguing with people.

Sunday, January 10, 2010 2:33 PM
Yah like I said earlier another he has found another car to put the drivetrain in but still won't be getting the money he is owed / will have into it all . The cars would have been delivered free within a reasonable distance and the drive train would have been removed from the wrecked car , and the car was signed over to him so it could have been transferred , either way he won't be getting the money he is owed / will have into the junk back . Moderators remove thread please .
Sunday, January 10, 2010 3:21 PM
You realize that by buying a Jbody from the beginning ur an idiot to not realize the value chops in half the second you drive off the lot right? These cars don't keep their value and 9 times out of 10 no one ever see's the $ they put into it back. Again we're not driving Honda's. We can't buy one for 500 put a cpl hundred into it, sell it and still manage to make money.

Also as already mentioned this isn't a 'classified' section, comments and criticism are allowed and overly expected.

As for the not making any mention of it possibily being a Z, if I'm not mistaken was that not the first few questions that were debated in this thread and in your original post?

-T.

Full Urethane Wings West Big Mouth Kit For Sale!

Sunday, January 10, 2010 3:45 PM
The 04 is definately a Z24 , someone later in the thread was wondering if the 2000 was a Z ( at least that is how I read it ) anyways it is not my stuff and the guy is putting the 04 drivetrain in another 04 with a blown motor , he was owed money and was signed over the original car in lieu , still won't get his money out of the junk as far as I'm concerned . Agreed ( and quoting you ) anyone buying one of these is an idiot , and more of an idiot dumping the money they do into them , I 'm off to eat some chinese food AKA rice . PS Thanks for your reasonable replies Blind 24 , yours were one of the few ones.

Blindz24 wrote:You realize that by buying a Jbody from the beginning ur an idiot to not realize the value chops in half the second you drive off the lot right? These cars don't keep their value and 9 times out of 10 no one ever see's the $ they put into it back. Again we're not driving Honda's. We can't buy one for 500 put a cpl hundred into it, sell it and still manage to make money.

Also as already mentioned this isn't a 'classified' section, comments and criticism are allowed and overly expected.

As for the not making any mention of it possibily being a Z, if I'm not mistaken was that not the first few questions that were debated in this thread and in your original post?

-T.

Sunday, January 10, 2010 4:15 PM
Anthony Johnston wrote: . Agreed ( and quoting you ) anyone buying one of these is an idiot , and more of an idiot dumping the money they do into them , I 'm off to eat some chinese food AKA rice ]

rather mature....again with the making muscle car guys look stupid (assuming you are one seeing as it way said you posted this on the mustang forum, Lemmie guess, 80's fox?), always a few like you....rather embarrassing...

Sunday, January 10, 2010 4:18 PM
Oh yeah? I'm gonna go eat some Chinese food...hu...yeah rice...heh. Get it? I just called Your car rice....haha WIN!

Seriously...you just don't get the point being made here. You literally gave ZERO info regarding the shell to take the motor (apparently not even a Z.....even worse) and thankfully a good amount about the wrecked '04. You've essentially explained in detail HALF the deal. With the information at hand, we press you for more, and you get pissy, not giving us any more info about the Shell. So instead of saying "I'm not sure, but I will find out" or better yet you take a picture. You give us this:

Not sure of the details on the other Cavalier all I know is it needs a motor
both cars are silver

You were unprepared for questioning, and reacted with insults and ignorance. You'd make a great Gm Salesperson

Sunday, January 10, 2010 4:36 PM
There isn't much to know about a 2000 Cavilier unless it is modded or riced up which it isn't or I would have stated so , the car wouldn't have been posted if it wasn't decent as I know better than that as I have seen some of the junk that people have posted up and not here , wasn't unprepared for questioning I just figured it is a cavilier forum so I posted the basics as none of these cars are anything special and I would have stated such , you guys do know what a Cavilier is right or maybe not with the they didn't make a 04 Z24 sedan comment near the beginning of the thread but them someone who did know chimed in . Wouldn't drive a GM let alone sell the junk for a living .

Brocklanders wrote:Oh yeah? I'm gonna go eat some Chinese food...hu...yeah rice...heh. Get it? I just called Your car rice....haha WIN!

Seriously...you just don't get the point being made here. You literally gave ZERO info regarding the shell to take the motor (apparently not even a Z.....even worse) and thankfully a good amount about the wrecked '04. You've essentially explained in detail HALF the deal. With the information at hand, we press you for more, and you get pissy, not giving us any more info about the Shell. So instead of saying "I'm not sure, but I will find out" or better yet you take a picture. You give us this:

Not sure of the details on the other Cavalier all I know is it needs a motor
both cars are silver

You were unprepared for questioning, and reacted with insults and ignorance. You'd make a great Gm Salesperson

Sunday, January 10, 2010 4:45 PM
I like how he just signs up to try and sell this car, which is fine.

But don't come on here and bash these cars and expect someone to actually wanna deal with you.

Sunday, January 10, 2010 5:54 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but z24 and Z is the same no ? lol It's not like comparing an RS to a Z24. The "Z type" in 03+ was considered a Z24 according to what I'm hearing but I could be misunderstood.

And its not a matter of selling a piece of crap cavalier, its a matter of selling a vehicle. Just because you assume this is a jbody forum if you post "cavalier for sale" we'll all know every detail because they're all the same. When in reality that is not the case. Because every car is not the same. The only thing the same is the title. It's like saying mine is exactly the same as yours and because I know all about mine that I don't need to know about the one you're trying to sell because they're apparently the same. They are not. There are many details to be explained if you're trying to sell a car. And without a photo be prepared to answer a crap ton of questions, as you're explaining it over the internet. It's like going on auto trader and reading "2 Cavaliers for sale, the same as every other cavalier, ones a roll over, one needs a motor/tranny, great to do a swap. They're the same as every other cavalier so I'm not listing any details." You really think if you were looking for a car or a project car you'd buy something or be interested in it based on that information? I know I wouldn't. And I certainly know as hard headed as the guys on here they wouldn't even budge with it. The only way they would is if the asking price was under a grand for both. Because then its like hmmm now there's a deal 2 cars for under a grand.

Details ARE important. No 2 cars are the same. And if you can't provide details photos are equally as helpful.

Don't be offended for all the comments and crap that have come about to you in this thread it's normal. You just need to remember you posted in an open public forum, and not the Locked "Classifieds". Anyone who posts a for sale ad in this section is aware they're thread is subject to everyones opinion. Opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one

- T.

Full Urethane Wings West Big Mouth Kit For Sale!

Sunday, January 10, 2010 6:03 PM
Teri the Z24 and the Z type are NOT the same lol (essentially the are) the Ztype has 15" aluminum rims and the Ztype badge and does not afect your insurance being a Ztype

the Z24 has 16" aluminum (polished faced or Chrome like in my sig) and the Z24 badge (ONLY in canada) they made the Z24 Sedan in 02-05

as for your boss not getting his money out of the cars form the towing expence and the storage fees. No @!#$ thats they he made a deal with the owner for the title of the car so he could salvage anything he could out of them.....my dad was hung with over 20 cars last year from people without collision or just not wanting to pay the tow bill and not comming to the shop after an accident........its part of the towing game happens to all companies

Sunday, January 10, 2010 6:20 PM
Blindz24

No problem man and once again thanks , and sorry if I was talking some crap as well . Consider this post closed .

Don't be offended for all the comments and crap that have come about to you in this thread it's normal. You just need to remember you posted in an open public forum, and not the Locked "Classifieds". Anyone who posts a for sale ad in this section is aware they're thread is subject to everyones opinion. Opinions are like azzholes, everyone has one

- T.
Monday, January 11, 2010 10:17 AM
to be honest, parting the cars out and then taking the shells to a salvage yard for the scrap metal value would probably be the best bet if it's a case of getting money, back, i can see some of your points however, the fact he will be losing money on them doesn't mean they are worth more than they truly are. for example, say a guy was selling a 2000 Mustang GT coupe with 100,000k Black Book value is $6500 but say market put it around $8000 but the guy owes $10,000 and wants $10,000 it's still worth $8000. don't think I'm being condesending here nor trying to make insult. The cars are still parts cars essentially.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search