FS: Turbo 2004 Cavalier - $6969.69 OBO - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FS: Turbo 2004 Cavalier - $6969.69 OBO
Wednesday, March 03, 2010 7:13 AM
Ok ladies and gents. It has come to be the time that I have to sell my baby, job loss, priorites have changed, blah blah blah.

I'm looking to sell the car as a whole. I don't want to part it out unless I have to.
Looking for $6969.69 Or best offer. I'm not interested in trading for anything except money. I need cash. There are lots of goodies here. So throw me an offer via:
PM,
Email: knightrulz@hotmail.com
Cell: 647-333-2454
Car isn't being sold safetied, as it's off the road right now.
Etest is valid till july, I gotta find that paper.

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
70,000ish Kms
Black on Black
Never Winter Driven
5Speed Transmission
2.2L L61 Ecotec
Car Located In Markham
Passed E-test Last July.
If I can find paper I'll include that.
Not willing to part out at this time.

The Good,

Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs (Stocks Included)
Eibach Front and Rear Anti Sway Bars (Stock Front Included)
KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks (Stocks Included)
Magnaflow Muffler
2.5" Mandrel Bent Exhaust
High Flow Cat
Innovate LC-1 Wideband O2 Sensor
Innovate DB Red Air/Fuel Gauge
Autometer Bowtie Series Pyrometer (Needs Replacement Thermocouple)
Saab 9-3 B207 Turbo Manifold
Saab B207L Garrett TurboCharger (Not the Mistubishi)
Ecotec LSJ Fuel Injectors (Green Tops)
Front Mount Intercooler
2.5" Custom Charge Pipes
RSM 62mm Throttle Body
3 Gauge A-Pillar Pod
Ractive Racing Seats (Red/Black and faded) (Stock Seats Included as well)
70,000ish Kms
Never Winter Driven
5Speed Transmission
Compustar 2way Alarm/Remote Start/Turbo Timer
Sony CD/Mp3 Receiver
16" Polished aluminum Z24 Rims. Mint. No Curb Rash or Scratches.

The Bad,

-May need new tires for safety.
-Needs new battery. It's the original AC Delco.
-Would Recommend a fresh carpet.
There are holes from when I had the 6point roll cage
-1 hole in left door panel, 1 hole in right door panel from where tweeters were placed.
-Rear 6x9's are blown
-No speakers in front doors. (Available at extra cost)
-Shifter Boot has a small hole
-Shift knob is beginning to peel.
-Dashpad has a cigarette burn.
-Reverse light input switch needs to be replaced. Have part. Will replace for buyer.

---Joey---

Re: FS: Turbo 2004 Cavalier - $6969.69 OBO
Wednesday, March 03, 2010 7:30 AM
dude if its a z24 then its a 2.4l not a 2.2l
Wednesday, March 03, 2010 7:37 AM
matthew boger wrote:dude if its a z24 then its a 2.4l not a 2.2l

Dude, its Canada. They had a Z24 with a 2.2L.

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 7:38 AM
^ Hes in Canada they had different options than us.

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 7:38 AM

Dude if you could read it's a 2004 so from the factory it's and eco regardless....plus he's a canadian so it's a Z24 not an LS.....

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 11:46 AM
Exactly what they said, I had an 03 Z24 as well.

No offense to seller, but for the price you want. I would be putting any and all info into the ad. Especially HP/TQ numbers, 1/4 mile videos etc...

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 2:36 PM
Xplicit wrote:Exactly what they said, I had an 03 Z24 as well.

No offense to seller, but for the price you want. I would be putting any and all info into the ad. Especially HP/TQ numbers, 1/4 mile videos etc...

No offense taken. The car has never been to the track, weather it be auto-x or drag. And I never dynoed it.
Didn't really think the price was high. Just gauging roughly what I see in the autotrader.
I've seen em go from $6000 with over 120,000kms to $9500 with 60,000kms. Thought I was being fair with my price.
Its a modded car, I understand that. I know I'll never get back what I have into it.

---Joey---
Wednesday, March 03, 2010 3:53 PM
Sad to see it go...never did get to run against it dammit!

FAIL!

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Wednesday, March 03, 2010 5:15 PM
The price seems reasonable, no idea why anyone's complaining. It's not another person asking $10,000 for a heavily modded car as per usual. He's asking well under $10,000 for a car with UNDER 100,000 km's. NEVER winter driven, Turboed, taken care of, including most if not all stock parts to go with the aftermarket parts (doesn't happen all that often), and it's a 2004. I dunno about you guy's but that seems like a good deal to me.
Goodluck with sale.

- T.

Full Urethane Wings West Big Mouth Kit For Sale!

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 6:32 PM
Just be prepared for disappointment. Car seems very nice...but if selling J's wasn't tough enough, Delta's are coming WAYYY down in price. I've seen Cobalt SC's in the $8k range.
Best of luck, as I say to everyone: Part out and return everything back to stock, what you'll lose on the car, you gain in parts and get you close to what you're after.

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 7:58 PM
Theyre probably complaining about price cause theyre not thinking it Canadian money!

Wednesday, March 03, 2010 9:33 PM
Oh, I'm not complaining about the price really. I'm just saying you'd have to find the right buyer for it. The fact of the matter is, J-body's are usual highschool kids' cars. Bought buy their parents cheap to be beat on. Whereas people who are looking for a nice modifiable platform, almost instantly jump to the same conclusion... Honda! VTAK YO!

I wish you the best of luck with the sale, and seriously hope that you do get your asking price.

Thursday, March 04, 2010 5:00 AM
Xplicit wrote:Oh, I'm not complaining about the price really. I'm just saying you'd have to find the right buyer for it. The fact of the matter is, J-body's are usual highschool kids' cars. Bought buy their parents cheap to be beat on. Whereas people who are looking for a nice modifiable platform, almost instantly jump to the same conclusion... Honda! VTAK YO!

I wish you the best of luck with the sale, and seriously hope that you do get your asking price.

High school kids and their parents buy them civics too. I know about 6 high school guys with recently purchaseds civics to beat on. Literally. Careful with the stereotypes.

- T.

Full Urethane Wings West Big Mouth Kit For Sale!

Friday, March 05, 2010 8:00 PM
Blindz24 wrote:
Xplicit wrote:Oh, I'm not complaining about the price really. I'm just saying you'd have to find the right buyer for it. The fact of the matter is, J-body's are usual highschool kids' cars. Bought buy their parents cheap to be beat on. Whereas people who are looking for a nice modifiable platform, almost instantly jump to the same conclusion... Honda! VTAK YO!

High school kids and their parents buy them civics too. I know about 6 high school guys with recently purchaseds civics to beat on. Literally. Careful with the stereotypes.

- T.

And that's fine too, I wanted to have a honda too when I was 14/15. Had pictures saved up of CRX's and Civic Si's, all cleanly done, never the ones with wings or gawdy body kits. But then, turned 16, and with the help of my parents got the first cheap and reliable car I found... a 96 cav. Had it for a month... and totalled it hahah, bad road conditions. Than time for another car... found an 03 Z24 on the cheap at the time. Picked it up, loved it, kept it clean with only subtle mods. Driving at lunch time to the store, on a 2 lane road, Astro van in front of me suddenly hit the brakes and swerved into the right lane. By the time he cleared and I looked back up to realize the situation, I stood no chance and hit the brakes, slammed into a Windstar still going like 60km in a 70 zone. Than came time for a new vehicle... found my 02 sunfire. Although while I was vehicleless, I was looking into VW's and a couple other vehicles, but J's drew me back.

Point I'm trying to make here... In the beginning, I have a pretty strong feeling 80% of the JBO never really thought, for my first car, I definitely want a J-Body! But many of them, got the families hand me downs etc. and got one anyways. And yeah there will be guys that are given honda's too, cause the parents likely aren't as strapped for cash and feel that they are more reliable.

Saturday, March 06, 2010 3:50 PM
Well this isn't my first car, or even my first J-body. But it is my first Brand new vehicle.
I wouldn't be selling it. but priorities do come first.

---Joey---
Sunday, March 07, 2010 6:27 AM
i say the price is fine but j body people are cheap pricks i would say atleast put in stock speackers and remove that part of the post any time you say htis price and start listing the things it needs people start dropping money off even if you have it priced with those conditions. j body people are cheap its just a known fact

JBO since July 30, 2001
Sunday, March 07, 2010 8:12 AM
Not only cheap, but smart too. The car had a cage in it, so there's holes, It needs tires, NO working speakers and needs a new carpet.
Turbo or not, $7k for what sounds like a VERY hacked car is um.....not realistic?
Interior pics may help the sale. The previous cage would scare me off.

Monday, March 08, 2010 12:54 PM
Joey James wrote:The car has never been to the track, weather it be auto-x or drag. And I never dynoed it.

Joey James wrote:There are holes from when I had the 6point roll cage

ummm... THAT is what would throw me off.. how do these 2 quotes go together?? lol
no offense to anyone, i hope you can get what your asking.. But its gonna be a hard sell imo... i would chalk this up to a car on its last legs just based on it being a modded car that HAD a rollcage.. so you might wanna skip that fact if you ever put up a real-world ad .. lol

I will give some advice that im sure if common knowledge anyways... take that "bad" list and fix everything on it, its mostly minor stuff... used tires are 35-40 bucks, a trip to a junkyard would get you the rest.. Then you'll have a shot at getting 7k for it.. modded cars are 50/50 really... some guys run away when they see it, But alot of these younger kids might see that and think it saves them from doing it. they get a "cool" car from the get-go... so its never out of the question..

good luck!
Monday, March 08, 2010 4:23 PM
The holes from the roll cage are where I cut the carpet.
I've think I've decided to part the car. And put everything back to stock and see where I stand.
I appreciate the constructive criticism.

---Joey---
Monday, March 08, 2010 6:05 PM
Last I saw that car, some time ago, I could tell the owner was treating the car far better than most.

Surely this thread has knocked anyone on the car, off the fence. I apprecaite the honest cons category, but it's definately a marketing fauxpas.

I would first try to gather the pieces to put the car back together. It should be relatively cheap to do it.

There are always buyers willing to pay that litte extra, but if they have to so much as lift a finger to make things right on the car, forget about it.

You'd be hard pressed to piece together this car yourself for asking. If the minor details were attended to, the car is as described and with a little negotiation, I believe this would be rational choice over starting from scratch. Especially if the bugs of any tuned car were fully shaken out.

Seems a shame to part it out. The saab combo makes sense. I don't thiink anyone can argue with any of his parts choices.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 12:15 PM
It has been a while since Craig has seen the car, but in that time all that was changed was adding the saab kit.

Also - Struts/Springs and Front/Rear Swaybars are tentatively sold. Pending Pickup.,

---Joey---

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 12:29 PM
whoop! thanks man, there mine.

"If you have no clue what's going on... STFU!"
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 2:05 PM
parting is the best bet..sucks but the reality of selling modified J's is the pathetic re-sale value. Unless you find someone after a modded J (then your car looks like a deal) no one will see the value.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 2:31 PM
My point was: my impression was that you were the type of person that took care of things. Surely it's lived a lot since then and once loved projects can take turns for the worse..

No question that BL is the j-body flipping expert.

He just can't help himself.

I prescribe an intervention

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 5:52 PM
I hope my Sunfire is the last J I drive. It's hard to kick the habit on cost of ownership alone. A cheap car that's cheap to keep on the road is very inciting. However if this was my only car I'd let it idle in the garage with the door closed while I listen to my favourite music...slipping....slipping away dreaming of an R8......

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search