Got Air Ride in....*pics* - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Got Air Ride in....*pics*
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 9:54 PM
Well I put it all in myself with a buddy, took us 8 hours from start to finish including installing gauges too........just curious heres pics of my struts, the fronts do not tuck at all......and the backs sound like regular struts when the mounts go, every bump it clunks....even on low PSI in them.........and the front when I turn you hear popping repeately.......I got a 4 wheel alignment yesterday too.........looking for input, not really impressed by air ride so far......

Re: Got Air Ride in....*pics*
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 10:52 PM
to be honest those look in really rough shape and you should look into getting new struts. But looks good installed. good luck with it.
Thursday, March 11, 2010 4:51 PM
thought I saw you on embro road today coming from stratford was it you?

Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:01 PM
Wasn't me lol! I live in Woodstock though..
Thursday, March 11, 2010 8:10 PM
Ya, those fronts arent tucking at all! What style fronts are those, cause Ive never seen any like those before. It looks like the stock strut mounts are still being used on them?

On a side note, it does look good on your car though

BUY MY SAAB TURBO SETUP! --> http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/61091/
Thursday, March 11, 2010 11:02 PM
No idea they are the ones in my picture above.......Easystreets I know that it has the Easystreet sticker on it lol....
Thursday, March 11, 2010 11:03 PM
Also my 18s dont tuck in the back tires are too big. What size would i need they currently are 245/40/18.......and my fronts are 225/45/18.
Friday, March 12, 2010 5:15 PM
those fronts are not easystreets, they are the air technics or whatever the fuk they are called. the same ones kris(eyeplzer) had on his car. borgs kit. they are crap and don't tuck. find yourself a set of double bubble easystreet fronts. swap them out and you will be in love with air ride. and you'll tuck. 245 is deff too wide in the rear to tuck. you'll have to go to 225 or 215. 215 would be better all around imo. or you could try rolling your fenders like most guys do anyway. also will depend on the offset of your rims

Friday, March 12, 2010 6:56 PM
The fronts say Sensatrac on them, i swore i saw easystreet sticker on them..
Friday, March 12, 2010 11:28 PM
they are the AIM fronts .. i have the same ones i made a different top mount and i tuck but not as far as i want them to so im lookin for the older style easystreet fronts

Saturday, March 13, 2010 12:57 AM
Hey, can you do mine cavy 98? and also how do i fix the clunking in the rears? Sounds like when on normal suspension when the mount goes.........its annoying. And when I turn something in the front makes a popping noise constantly......never did on stock struts.

Saturday, March 13, 2010 6:46 AM
Those are definitely aim strut bags. They ride fairly nice but don't go low at all. When I got my sunfire first bagged back in the day I ran the aims mostly since they were the only kit available. They never gave me any problems though!

Saturday, March 13, 2010 2:37 PM
Yo have you ever heard the saying, "bags are for fags" Why do you guys put air ride on your cars? Do you like the uncomfortable ride it gives?
Sunday, March 14, 2010 1:19 PM
While the basic bolt on setups in our cars are not the best ride quality, it's pretty bold to generalize everyone setup. I'm sure that from your vast knowledge and experience in all things air ride, you'd know that most setups that don't fall in the "bolt on" category are actually an improvement in ride quality. There's a reason that street rods run the popular shockwave setups. There's also a pretty good reason why a vast majority of lincolns and caddys have used air setups straight from the factory. The actual saying "bags are for fags" were used mainly by those who rode on hydros as opposed to air ride, which also saw the saying "dros are for hoes" not by someone who just doesn't understand the allure of having air ride on a car. Instead of being closed minded to the entire subject, why don't you contribute in some sort of way. Or would that just make too much sense?

Sunday, March 14, 2010 1:37 PM
^^ lol

Monday, March 15, 2010 5:48 PM
l'm really sorry if l offended you j-body geeks...but you guys gotta realize that putting body kits and etc is not cool! The only people that do air ride are the ones that wanna think that their cool...like come on you guys and girls!! Are you gonna start hiting switches everytime you pull into a parking lot or have your rear end drag? Thinking its cool? Even at car shows people dont find air ride cool. You ask anyone about air ride and automatically they will laugh at you and l'm not saying go ask a bunch of high school kids either! No wonder people call these cars cava-queers or sunflowers n etc. l bet most of you on here still playing with transformers and build stuff out of lego. And thank god l got out of this scene while l have the brains. Its a shame that there are some good people on here that do know there @!#$ about modding cars and then there are the one's that made these cars get a bad rap btw. Those days like back in 2001-2006 can never be re-lived with these cars. Go put ur bags on and think like ur a top dawg...whatever floats ur banana.
Monday, March 15, 2010 5:59 PM
Bye, how about you do us all a favor and GTFO

Monday, March 15, 2010 6:21 PM
when i had air it was pretty smooth at a certain PSI. way smoother then my Gc coilovers. but it just didnt fit my daly needs.

Monday, March 15, 2010 6:47 PM
Riiight you win lol. I'm glad to see you countered with some pretty valid points. I'm think the reason youust have gotten "out of the scene" was because you nothing else to learn or experience. You've already learned and done it all! Get off your high horse man. I've been in the scene for several years ( both the tuner scene and the street rod scene, since I've also been building a '36 ford Tudor sedan ) and your claims to peoples thoughts are pretty murky. This site is obviously a contributor to the "scene" and although there are always people who like/dislike any type of mod, the opinion you share isn't as one sided as you claim. I personally don't live in a bubble and I do hear people on both sides of the fence. The general public don't all laugh as you claim. Don't think you've come on here to enlighten us as to what everyone thinks. We're not that dumb, although I'm sure you'll say otherwise with your witty insults that really don't defend your stance. Although you may not like it, air ride serves a purpose in the automotive aftermarket. Of course, I'd rather take your opinion on what's cool over someone like Troy trepanier.....seeing as you "got out of the scene" but still know what's cool and what isn't

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 11:22 AM
I agree with soapy, Get the @!#$ off my internet.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:42 PM
Listen buddy...before you come back and say whatever it is that your going to say in response to this post....PLEASE pull out a dictionary and learn how to speak proper english. OR maybe just a sentence or two that make some sense! To "Kyle Binks"...Boooo-f*cking-hoooo!!! "Get the @!#$ off my internet." Wahhh-wahhh! Go cry the the pope ya whiney b*tch. You may feel that there's two sides to this air ride bullsh*t...but the only ones that agree with you are the same geeks on this site that are just like you or pathetic little high school kids that get a hard on for just thinking about even having a drivers license. Air ride IS gay...bags ARE for fags...and you damn well know that you aren't installing air ride to have a "comfy" ride...& whatever other BS you stated. Your doing it because you think your cool and you wanna flick a switch or two in a lame ass attempt to pick up some tim hortons parking lot sluts. Air ride is old news...it came and it left...a one hit wonder my friend. So quit wasting my time. It's a shame that there aren't many people left who used to build these cars for power purposes. When whoever did build them, they couldn't sell their cars because as luck would have...most j-body owners are cheap. The ppl that have built cars the correct way and get the street respect....just end up having to part their cars out and the shells end up going to the wreckers. So just a heads up... putting an intake or an ho intake manifold or racing seats in a car and useless bodykits doesnt do it. If you want, go by kc (thats kennedy commons on 401 n kennedy) go pull in with your air ride and hit a few switches...you would be suprised how many people will laugh at you guys and some will probably toss there coffee's at your rides

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:15 PM
hrm.....I think he doesn't like air ride....i don't have air and im not getting it....but i do like the practicality....i am on coil overs and i would love to flip a switch and not worry about the curb i am about to go over lol....I don't see the point of rambling on and on. I get it you don't like air...continue on.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 8:26 AM
if your going to bitch and complain why the @!#$ are you even on this site to being with? Your just one of those people who hide behind their computer monitor thinking they are tough because they can type a bunch of bull@!#$ and not have to worry about facing the person face to face. Your the loser here for even starting this rambling bull@!#$ everyone was just giving their C&C and then you come along and start rambling about useless @!#$.....If you got a better ride show us some pictures if not take your @!#$ Ghetto keyboard and your black and white monitor and get the @!#$ out of here!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:30 AM
I see a 'ban' in the near future
Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:56 AM
I ♥ Haters!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search