Selling alot of crap - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Selling alot of crap
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:36 PM
Alright so sometime in the near future I will be parting out quite a bit of stuff...

I've got a 2000 Grandam (3400, auto, red), 97 Cavalier (2.2L, manual, black) and a 99 Cavalier (2.4L, manual, black). Almost everything is for sale, but I'll give a little more detail below:

Everything from the 97 cav is for sale except the transmission. Engine is still running. I don't recall the odo reading, but its above 200 000kms. I bought this car off of a friend of a friend for the transmission, I don't know details on the condition of other parts of the car. I've only been in the car twice, but if I recall correctly the interior is in really good shape.

The Grandam is also being completely parted out minus the engine. I don't know much about this car as I bought is solely for the engine for very cheap. The rear right tires drags slightly so there is obviously something wrong, but I have not tried to figure out what it is. I am mostly looking to sell the transmission and interior.

The 99 Z24 is the only car I will be keepin, the transmission is good and is for sale. The engine knocks, fairly sure its a spun bearing, but it up for grabs if anyone wants it. The odometer is 168xxx I beleive. I've never had a problem with the transmission acting up so I'm sure its in god shape.

The grandam and 97 cav will both be scrapped at some point in the summer. Any parts you are interested in but I did not mention just ask, I probably don't need them. I can provide pictures but the vehicles are about 30-40min away from where I live and I am very busy so it may be a few days before I can get pictures of any requested parts.

I am very busy this time of year, so anybody who requests pictures will most likely have to wait a little while. The 2.4L engine and transmission may not be available for a while as I don't expect to have much time to be working on my cars in the next few weeks. I'm just posting this now to see what sort of interest there is for parts.

I also have a full bodykit left over from my 95 2dr cavalier. I will get pictures of this when I can, I don't know what kind of kit it is because it was installed by the previous owner. It is a little banged up but it would have to be painted to match your car anyway (currently light blue) so I don't think any of it is a big deal. Also have an alluminum spoiler.

I also have short ram intakes for both cavaliers I own. I may only sell one and modify the other to work with the 3400, but I am unsure about this at the moment.

And not car related, I may be selling a Tippmann 98 Custom Paintball marker with CO2 tank, mask, and 2000 paintballs. Gun was only ever shot less than 10 times. So I guess its actually about 1990paintballs I am selling with it. I bought it a year ago when me and a few friends were planning on starting a team together, things happened and now we don't talk anymore so I've basically have no use for the marker. It also has a red dot sight attatchment but it requires some modification to fit properly (it wobbles now so its basically useless). Its not a laser so other players cannot see the dot, you can only see the dot if you look through the lens. Let me know if anyone is interested in the marker. Only looking to sell all the equipment as a package, I don't want to get stuck with a left over mask, etc. I can provide pictures if needed, but it looks like a brand new gun, except it has a red dot sight on top. I'm in no hurry to sell this, so if there are no offers I like I will simply keep it. I don't remember exact prices of everything but I'm sure I paid over $300 for this stuff, so be reasonable with the offers. Everything is BRAND NEW, I know I won't get my money back, but I'm not going to sell it for half price.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, do not ask "How much you want for ________" Prices are best offer. If you want something make me an offer, I'm too busy to go research what things sell for online and then haggle a price, just offer me something.

I live in hamilton, I am willing to deliver parts depending on how much you are buying. I am not going to drive 3 hours to sell $40 worth of stuff. Anyting cheap will have to be picked up. Anything large/heavy like the bodykit or engine/transmission we can work something out, but I may be able to deliver.

Thanks for reading all of this.

Help support the JBO! CLICK HERE!

Re: Selling alot of crap
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:16 PM
what seats are in the Grandam pics of front and rear

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 5:31 AM
Yea ... you may wanna post pics of that body kit since you dunno what its called, it'll make it easier to identify and sell.

- T.

Full Urethane Wings West Big Mouth Kit For Sale!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:53 AM
Pictures will be posted within the next couple of days, I just need to find some time to drive over to where the cars are sitting. I probably won't have time today, but I should be able to make it tommorow morning.

Thursday, March 18, 2010 6:18 PM
Alright, so while running some errands I happened to be about 10min away from the cars, so I went by to take a bunch of pictures. Unfortunetely, I wasn't planning on this, so I didn't have all the keys with me, so the interior pics kinda suck... but I know all of the seats are in great condition, I'll get better pictures if needed.

I forgot to mention in the other post, that I also have a brand new le bra that came with the 97 cav when I got it a few months ago. Here is a link to my superb photoshoot....

TADAAAA!

Turns out the body kit is in worse shape than I remembered, the sides are definetely useable, the front needs some decent work to look new again, the rear is in pretty crappy condition. Alot of the pictures are pretty crappy, but this was rushed. I orignially wanted to try and repair the bodykit myself to learn how to fiberglass, but I probably wouldn't be able to do a good job anyway, so maybe someone else will fix it up. Even if I did fix it, I wouldn't use it anyway I like the bodykit and spoiler when I bought the car a few years ago, but its not really what I'm into anymore. I don't have a garage, so attracting attention to my car is a bad idea, I learned that lesson the hard way... If anybody wants pictures of anything else (or just better pictures) let me know. If something isn't shown in the pictures it may still be for sale, I just didn't have a chance to get a picture of it.

Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:46 PM
Really? I went and took like 50 pictures and nobody wants anything?

Sunday, March 21, 2010 8:10 AM
ill give me 60 bucks plus steelies for the grand am rims
Sunday, March 21, 2010 1:12 PM
Dammit lol, I never checked the tires while I was there. If there tires are crap I'll take your offer. Just to make sure, you are aware that these rims won't fit a cavalier correct?

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 4:50 PM
D.Simoes wrote:Really? I went and took like 50 pictures and nobody wants anything?

Welcome to J-body sales!!!

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Tuesday, March 23, 2010 5:02 PM
^lol... I know some of it is crap, but I'm parting out a whole cavalier and apparently nobody wants any of it... I guess I'll just be taking the trans and then scrapping it.

I'm surprised there is no interest in the body kit, I know the back is petty beat up, but not even an offer for it?

What about the ga seats? Are they what you were looing for colin? Do you need better pictures?

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:01 AM
I may be interested in the pooched motor. (need a decent, low km block to work with). I just have to sort out my garage here first.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 4:31 PM
no they arent what i was thinking....i was hoping they were the leather ones but to no avail sorry man...usually the gt has leather

Thursday, March 25, 2010 6:34 AM
Only the Grand AM GT's and a few SE's had leather.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Friday, March 26, 2010 10:48 PM
What are the doors like on the cav?? If they are rust free on interior and exterior im interested in them.

Friday, March 26, 2010 10:50 PM
^sorry they aren't rust free, if they were I would have swapped them onto my other black cav anyway though.

Sunday, March 28, 2010 6:00 AM
interested in interior already sent PM

Rice gets all diced.... welcome to north american bread tuning
Sunday, March 28, 2010 9:13 AM
carlos m wrote:interested in interior already sent PM

From what I remember the interior is all in good shape (I actually think the stupid dash pad isn't even cracked). I'll try to go out sometime this week to get you some better pictures and hopefully get the interior pulled apart. I'll let you know when I get a chance to work on the cars.

Friday, April 02, 2010 3:40 PM
hi I need a right side black door(2-door manual window) and can remove it if necessary. I live on Hamilton mountain and may decide to buy more when the cars are viewed. Will you accept $50 for a decent door? Thanks Dave .E-mail hamlorac@hotmail.com
Friday, April 02, 2010 6:26 PM
david hamilton wrote:hi I need a right side black door(2-door manual window) and can remove it if necessary. I live on Hamilton mountain and may decide to buy more when the cars are viewed. Will you accept $50 for a decent door? Thanks Dave .E-mail hamlorac@hotmail.com

I posted a link to an album with about 50pics in it, if you need better pictures of someting in particular let me know. I'm planning on going to where I have the cars this sunday to take the interior apart and take some more pictures. I'll be fine with $50 for the door. It is not rust free, but if you are just looking to replace a damaged door I would buy it. I'll get some pictures of the door sunday. If you do buy it, do you have a pos door that I can use to fill the hole? I don't really want a family of racoons ruining the interior... If not, I'll just use ductape and plastic.

Sunday, April 04, 2010 2:57 PM
New Pictures Added, CLICK ME!

Alright so I got new pictures added.

David-
There are some pictures of the passenger door, but like I said if you are just looking to replace a damaged door than its better than nothing. Also just another note, if by "when the cars are viewed" you meant in person, unfortunately that wont happen. The cars are all parked in a field my dad owns about 30min away from where I live, for obvious reasons I'm not going to tell people where that it. Also none of the cars are in safe to drive condition, so I can't meet you elsewhere with the cars, so I can only remove parts and bring to you or provide pictures.

Carlos-
There are also pictures of the interior pieces up, I believe I got everything you mentioned in the pm, and probably a little more. The only thing left in the car is the actual dash (which is actually not cracked, so it is for sale too as long as I can figure out how to remove it), and the plastic pieces in the back of the car (let me know if you want these too).

Everyone else-
Unless Carlos is buying this as well, the dash (97 cav) is not cracked so that is for sale (picture in link). I also got better pictures of the seats up (they have a leather back on them, not sure if this is rare in cavs or not but its definitely nicer than the regular stock seats). It also has a black headliner instead of that ugly gray one that I believe most cavaliers have. Also there are some pictures of a couple subwoofers in a box that I am willing to sell. They worked about a year ago when I tested them but I have never installed them in a car so I don't know much about them. Whoever is interested in them can test them, I don't have an amp t hook them up with. I also got some pics of the LeBra posted as well.

Monday, April 12, 2010 11:48 PM
Interior parts from the 97 are back up for grabs since I haven't heard from Carlos for a while...

And could someone please take a look at the pics of the bodykit and i.d. it for me? I've never know what it was since it was installed (poorly) by the previous owner of the car.

Sunday, April 25, 2010 11:17 AM
So far everyone who expressed interest in parts backed out on them... so everything is still for sale. I'm not looking to get much for this stuff so just offer me something, most of this stuff I don't need and just want to get rid of. ESPECIALLY the bodykit, it big and taking up space and I have no intention of using any of it. If you can do your on fiberglass repairs this would be a great way to get a cheap bodykit...

CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES!

Thursday, June 10, 2010 5:26 PM
Bump. I still have everything. Everyone that has contacted me so far has either been low balling, or not answering pms. Let me know if there is anything you might be interested in that isn't in any of the pictures.

ps: if anyone can identify the blue body kit parts I'd appreciate it. They were on the car when I bought it so I don't know what they are. I've got my hunches but bodykits aren't my thing anymore and I don't want to call them by the wrong name.

Click the link for ALOT of pictures.

Thursday, June 10, 2010 5:57 PM
check your pm's

!pıɐן ʇǝƃ oʇ pǝǝu noʎ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
-_-_-_-JCO EastSiderZ-_-_-_-
Thursday, June 10, 2010 6:28 PM
Just to clarify for everyone, the only parts from the black Z24 for sale are the hood, blown engine, and manual trans. The rest is not for sale (including the headlights I've had a couple pm's about).

The base model black cav is completely up for grabs minus the transmission. It still runs but according to the guy I bought it from the steering rack is broken, I've never bothered to even check since all I want from it is parts. I'd be willing to work out a deal with someone to give them the whole car if they drop the trans out for me. Ex: You buy the car from me for $500, I drop it off for you. You drop the trans, and sell it back to me for $X00. The interior is in great shape, and like it says it still runs, so if you can weld you could have this car back on the road. The car also has a brand new lebra (I believe leather?) that is for sale.

The grandam is all for sale minus the engine. Its beat up, but it still has good parts, interior is mint. It does not have the leather interior but they are powered seats.

Most of this stuff I just want to get rid of so if you are even remotely interested shoot me an offer. I don't need the money though, so I'm not going to go pull parts for $10 because I am VERY busy.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search