having car issues and noieses... - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
having car issues and noieses...
Wednesday, April 07, 2010 6:30 PM
ok well for starters i have a 97 z24 5 speed and i had a garage replace my engine but when i got it back my day time running lights didnt work at all and the light on the guage cluster just flashes alot any ideas???? my second question also is i hear a clunk or binding noise when i turn the wheel left or right sitting still or when i drive the car and when i hit bumps in the road.. any suggestions would be great,,

Re: having car issues and noieses...
Friday, April 09, 2010 8:18 PM
GO BACK TO THE SHOP.

Saturday, April 10, 2010 12:20 AM
Brocklanders wrote:GO BACK TO THE SHOP.

Exacty what I was about to say. If it wasn't like that when you dropped it off, obviously they didn't do a good job putting in the new engine.

Help support the JBO! CLICK HERE!
Saturday, April 10, 2010 5:56 AM
Take it back to the shop. Dont expect to get too far with the DRL's though since they have NOTHING to do with the engine or engine wiring harness.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 6:55 PM
ok new issue... i had the car somwheat over heating and the coolant resivouir was always bubbling over when i drive it and was always low on coolant after it cooled down so i took it back to the garage and they said they flushed the system. i had gotten the car back and it was even worse after i got it back so i replaced the thermostat and it seemed to do the trick for the day then it starrted to bubble over the resivouir again and got a lil hot.. any ideas what this issue might be?? i dont know if its a head gasket at all cuz i never had a problem like this before with any other car i had.. Also where is the day time running lights module??
Tuesday, September 07, 2010 7:22 PM
for the DRL's its probaly just a burnt out bulb, clunkin while turning sounds like it could be maybe your power steering pump or something with the rack (dont hold me to my word) and for the over heating it might be your water pump becuz the same thing happened to my cavalier, did same @!#$ you did and found out the water pump was F**ked
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search