FS: Northstar V8, clutch, trans - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FS: Northstar V8, clutch, trans
Friday, April 23, 2010 6:51 PM
The time has come.

4.6l 32v Northstar V8, out of a 2001 STS (300hp version) with 110k on it. Comes with accessories- custom built 160Amp alternator, powersteering pump, external crank trigger wheel and sensor. Will come with all wiring pigtails for sensors, injectors and coilpacks. Custom headers. Deleted egr- welded and smoothed. Throttlebody has MAF sensor removed and thread in IAT in its place.
Custom spec flywheel- aluminum, with replaceable wear surface. Stage 2plus spec clutch.
NVG trans adapted to engine. New internal slave cylinder.
Can be sold with cav bolt in subframe, including custom mounts- eurethane fronts, solid rears. You would still need to modify your passenger side frame rail heavily and a slight notch on drivers frame rail. and rebuild upper rad support.

Asking $3500

Other drivetrain related parts available to buyer, or after drivetrain is sold- including standalone (megasquirt) aluminum griffin rad.

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's

Re: FS: Northstar V8, clutch, trans
Friday, April 23, 2010 7:04 PM
WTF!!!! WHY!!!!!

First!!!!

Friday, April 23, 2010 9:45 PM
Good luck with the sale. Hopefully someone is up for the challenge of putting that in another cav, I would hate for it to go to waste.

What are your plans for the car?

Help support the JBO! CLICK HERE!
Saturday, April 24, 2010 4:38 AM
ROB..................... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

bigger and better things to come?

Saturday, April 24, 2010 5:54 AM
hummmmm, any idea what i would take to bolt a rwd trans on her?

Saturday, April 24, 2010 7:37 AM
Also interested in square body Ford Rangers as partial trade (92 and older) Must be clean body/title
Possibly other interesting projects.

Rwd trans with same bolt pattern as a 3.1 v6 will bolt up with same hardware as current trans. Not willing to seperate unless there are buyers with cash in hand for all pieces. If it doesnt all sell it stays in the car.

_

Saturday, April 24, 2010 2:07 PM
$3500? INSTALLED?!

Saturday, April 24, 2010 2:33 PM
WAYDERS wrote:$3500? INSTALLED?!

Probably could sort out an intalled deal. Would need to talk it over with interested buyer. Do not plan on doing wiring/plumbing for anyone else though.

_

Sunday, April 25, 2010 11:24 AM
1997ztwo4 wrote:

Probably could sort out an intalled deal. Would need to talk it over with interested buyer. Do not plan on doing wiring/plumbing for anyone else though.

Damn, if I read this last summer I would definetely be negotiating something with you.... It may not be the most practical of engine swaps, but it definetely demands respect, which is pretty hard to do with a j-body lol.

Help support the JBO! CLICK HERE!
Monday, April 26, 2010 2:21 PM
Damn I know a Cadillac that could use that engine lol

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Tuesday, April 27, 2010 6:49 PM
Gary Frank wrote:hummmmm, any idea what i would take to bolt a rwd trans on her?

you can't replace a 429 with a northstar!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 7:46 PM
D.Simoes wrote:
1997ztwo4 wrote:

Damn, if I read this last summer I would definetely be negotiating something with you.... It may not be the most practical of engine swaps, but it definetely demands respect, which is pretty hard to do with a j-body lol.

A lot of people i run into know about the car. Seems to be a real attention grabber.
I'm not sure that parting the car out is a wise choice, as i know i will regret it, but i would like to move on to other projects that i have wanted to build for years.

_

Thursday, May 13, 2010 7:48 PM
Little bit of interest, but nothing seems too serious at this point.
If you want a guaranteed attention grabber, this is the way to go. Willing to work out install into the engine bay for someone with cash.

_

Thursday, May 13, 2010 9:17 PM
would you just sell the whole car instead?

Friday, May 14, 2010 4:26 AM
Darkened wrote:would you just sell the whole car instead?

No, not at this point- there are many parts that i want for my next project- wheels, brakes, air ride parts, stereo etc. I could sell the front cut (firewall forward) with the suspension removed.
I guess if there was a high enough offer i could be talked into selling it whole, but i'm not sure anyone would pay that for a j-body- if you are serious PM me an offer

_

Sunday, June 13, 2010 10:18 PM
Is this still for sale or did you decide to keep it? If it is for sale i have a couple questions about the setup. Does it come with the axles and stuff to make it work with the cavalier suspension and brakes and stuff? And besides the frame rails and other metal work what else will need to be done to get this into another car and have it running? And lastly i guess would be did you have any trouble driving the car at all or was it mostly trailored everywhere. Thanks and let me know. I am very interested in this setup and if we can work something out i would like to get started on getting a passport so i could come pick this up. Thanks for the time.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 4:13 AM
Already sold. Thanks for the interest.

_

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search