drive line noises - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
drive line noises
Tuesday, August 03, 2010 5:56 AM
hey im having some diffaculty i just lowerd my car with new front monroe struts and mounts with sport line yellow springs with camber kit... I hear squeaking noises from the front when i hit bumps... What could it be,,,, i also have shutter issues when i step on the gas and vibrates the car... The tranny just started to make chattering noises this morning???? Is the 2.2 manual tranny the same as a 97 z24 manual???

Re: drive line noises
Tuesday, August 03, 2010 6:17 PM
mitchell guimond wrote:hey im having some diffaculty i just lowerd my car with new front monroe struts and mounts with sport line yellow springs with camber kit... I hear squeaking noises from the front when i hit bumps... What could it be,,,, i also have shutter issues when i step on the gas and vibrates the car... The tranny just started to make chattering noises this morning???? Is the 2.2 manual tranny the same as a 97 z24 manual???

Those transmissions are not the same. The shuttering makes me think your car might be misfiring... check air filter, spark plugs, wires, fuel filter etc. Squeeking from the front I am going to blame on the struts not being able to handle the drop, or poor installing.
Re: drive line noises
Wednesday, August 04, 2010 5:33 AM
i found the squeaking issue. But the shutter issue remains.... The engine runs perfect and dosent misfire. the car shutters when i accelerate hard and shakes a bit and does it at highway speeds also... Yesterday it made a noise i belive from the tranny that it sounds like the gears are chattering when i decelerate the car but dosent make a noise when i accelerate
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search