WTB: 1999 Cavalier Z24 headlight wiring harness - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WTB: 1999 Cavalier Z24 headlight wiring harness
Thursday, August 12, 2010 4:02 PM
Looking for a 1999 Z24 Headlight wiring harness, must be fully working with ALL connections 2 relays/bulb sockets!!...thanks

Re: WTB: 1999 Cavalier Z24 headlight wiring harness
Friday, August 27, 2010 2:48 PM
pmed
Friday, February 03, 2012 7:06 PM
i know this is a old message but i was wondering if you still have that diagram? because my drivers side fog light and drivers side signal (on the bumper) are not working, and they stooped working, and then started working, and now they have stopped working again, and i cant seem to figure out why in the world they arrent working, ive checked high and low and no one seems to have the same problem, so mabey if i track the wiring though the harness i might be able to find it, or mabey you can steer me towards what you may think the problem is, thanks so much!!
Monday, February 06, 2012 11:45 AM
I had that issue last winter (not the fog part as I don't have those) but my signals and horn were all over the place in terms of function. I ended up getting a new harness and redoing it for my car... pulled the front end off, tore out the old harness, gutted it and re-wired with new wire, connectors, solder and shrink wrap. Tested it, re-wrapped it and reinstalled.

Your best bet is to pull the harness and remove the tape and loom and give it a good once over and go from there. I had multiple bad connections, 2 toasted sockets and some bad wiring in there from multiple previous owner hack jobs.

So far I have had to do this for 3 of the 4 j-bodies I've owned... so it's not uncommon.

Good luck!

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:21 PM
how did you get the new harness? where did you order it from and how much did it cost, ive never had to replace a whole harness on a car so i have no idea how much it would cost lol
Friday, February 17, 2012 12:27 PM
I got it from Uberfail (Chris) on the JCO... he snagged it from a yard for me which he often does for members. He's a really great guy. Get in contact with him... the harness wasn't expensive at all.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search