serious misfire issue and changing noise - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
serious misfire issue and changing noise
Monday, November 22, 2010 10:20 AM
hello everyone been awhile since i posted on here but i have really run out of options here to figure out why my car misfires. one day i had the stock idi coil cover on my 2.4L and when i started it up it was missfiring soooo badly that it didnt wanna run good. after that i had changed the plugs,did the neon coil conversion,used brand new ngk wires, and it worked for a tiny bit then the misfire came back. so i changed the coil again and the cam position sensor and the map sensor. and it still misfires when i put a heavy load on the motor. when it idles for a bit i rev it but it misfires then revs fine. when i rev to about 3500-4000 it missfires and i let off and revs fully. i really dont know what the cause can be so plzzzz help.

the second issue i hear alot on gm cars when driving is i hear a changing noise from the cars motor. sounds like metal on metal or someone tdragging a sword across the ground lol.

Re: serious misfire issue and changing noise
Monday, November 22, 2010 3:08 PM
Just keep throwing parts at it, surely you'll get the right one.

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Monday, November 22, 2010 5:44 PM
Changing noise?
Sounds like you have some engine damage though...

Monday, November 22, 2010 7:34 PM
The engine runs great I always hear it though before my last motor. It could be my pulley tensioner and for the misfire I really need help I use my car as a delivery car and need it in tip top shape
Monday, November 22, 2010 8:12 PM
Pull your idi cover and look for brownish/blackish evidence of arcing on the coil pack . I had this issue in the past and a $20 part from the wreckers fixed it. Seriously though, you need to identify the problem before you throw parts at it. Doing that usually makes things worse, and your wallet lighter.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search