winnipeg j-bodies - Page 15 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Thursday, May 24, 2007 6:36 AM
it better be nice this weekend coming up, its my long weekend!

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Thursday, May 24, 2007 6:41 PM
finally got my engine back from competition engine, got wiesco pistons engine bored and balanced, eagle rods, clevette main and connecting rod bearings, JBP high pressure oil pump installed, all new gaskets and got it painted. That set me back $1950, was that a good price. should be up and running by next weekend cant wait!
Thursday, May 24, 2007 10:45 PM
warren wrote:finally got my engine back from competition engine, got wiesco pistons engine bored and balanced, eagle rods, clevette main and connecting rod bearings, JBP high pressure oil pump installed, all new gaskets and got it painted. That set me back $1950, was that a good price. should be up and running by next weekend cant wait!

I feel sorry for you, wiesco's have to be one of the if not the most @!#$ty choice for building a performance engine imo.

Friday, May 25, 2007 12:08 PM
actually performance wise they are really good pistons and can take abuse. The down side to wiseco pistons is the akward expanding properties; which in turn means looser piston to wall clearance, which likely leads to false knock and sometimes a clatter on cold start up. I just have the false knock aka piston noise, all in all I am happy with them.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Friday, May 25, 2007 3:04 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:actually performance wise they are really good pistons and can take abuse. The down side to wiseco pistons is the akward expanding properties; which in turn means looser piston to wall clearance, which likely leads to false knock and sometimes a clatter on cold start up. I just have the false knock aka piston noise, all in all I am happy with them.

I'll always stick to my Ross Racing Pistons never had an issue with them....

Friday, May 25, 2007 6:03 PM
well hopefully im going to be happy with them
Friday, May 25, 2007 6:27 PM
Honestly I never have a problem with my engine when I start it up, and I'm running Wiseco's.

They are still in business for some reason or another.

I'm sure that some batches of pistons have a different consistency then others, however.

Friday, May 25, 2007 7:00 PM
Hi Steve I still want a ride in your car.

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 10:31 AM
Chris,

the weather has been too poor for me to even want to get the car going.

bring me good weather, and I'll take you for a ride in it

anyone else sick of this retarded weather?

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 12:41 PM
the only thing good about this weather is it sure make 4x4 fun, i just purchased a 1980 gmc 1/2 ton with 39" mudders, so im having a blast in this weather, i would probly be saying different if my car was running
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 12:28 AM
yup tons on 2nd genners running custom Group buy'd wiseco's in thier 3400's. Even with boost they've held up like you wouldnt believe.

i Also run them in my sleds and quads.

Juiced Towncar

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 7:21 AM
stevefire wrote:Chris,

the weather has been too poor for me to even want to get the car going.

bring me good weather, and I'll take you for a ride in it

anyone else sick of this retarded weather?

its not fun, but parking in a parkade where the car doesnt get weatherbeaten is really nice

just sucks that each time i pull into the parkade, i scrape up my exhaust

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 9:53 AM
you mean my exhaust

haha j/k bry

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 12:32 PM
BlkCav wrote:

its not fun, but parking in a parkade where the car doesnt get weatherbeaten is really nice

just sucks that each time i pull into the parkade, i scrape up my exhaust

define weather beaten, my cav loves winter

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 5:00 PM
My cav also faired pretty well in the winter, but washing it everyday sucked LOL!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 5:56 PM
I keep mine in the garage all winter and I hate to drive in the rain because it means hours of polishing. Bring on the sun shine!

Thats Him Officer The WICKED One.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 10:00 AM
seems almost everybody worries about their car getting dirty, and weather beaten... not me though.

Remember that intercooler I asked about before... I bought it. it's pretty nice looking... but they messed up. I wanted a 9" tall, instead of the 6.5". oh well... less work.
I got it pressure tested in a water tub at my dad's work. nice looking welds too but the cast end tanks look @!#$ty on the inside.

You can see my smic on the driver side air damn(cut out signal light)... I'm glad to be rid of that crap. I bet it barely cooled the air anyway.
As you can see... my car sucks... crumpled hood, and the headlights are a bit off. I wish I had my car when it was still a virgin... now it looks like a crack whore with a turbo, and battle scars.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 10:12 AM
looks like a good setup man, Remember this, even if it looks a little @!#$ty on the one side, once you install it, your IAT go down, and you increased HP, you will completely forget about how the side "looked", in your case (apparently) and my case, my car will never be a show car, but it has some good performance. And believe me, once you start throwing lots of horsepower around, a little crumple on the hood will be a minor concern... I just keep things very acceptable any place near schools, residential, or people in general, but there is also lots of places to have some fun. Hopefully see you at the track.. I should be ready on June.23 to run.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 10:13 AM
oh yah, I hooked up my launch control too.. that is kinda neat to use.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 5:48 PM
Launch control... I heard that's freakin ownage!
at least I'll have a bunch of stuff to sell on ebay. (3 smic's)
I really don't know if I want to continue with twin turbo... I just ordered a t04e 50trim and i'll probably take a month to get here... 78% turbo efficiency ftw. I'll be selling my sunfire soon to rebuild my 2.4tc/quad4 engine.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:50 PM
arg.... gotta fix the ground wires on the cav, got it doing some funky things!

she's getting a few upgrades in the next while, and going to the bodyshop and exhaust shop, might have to wait til mid summer to get the fenders, hood, and headlights, oh well have plenty of other goodies to install first

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Sunday, June 03, 2007 2:06 PM
lowered my car this weekend, Koni Yellow's and GC coilovers...

I'll post more pictures later on...
Monday, June 04, 2007 4:19 PM
that looks awesome.

I have a problem with my fuel and I was using a cartech fmu. once it gets into the slightest boost my afr's just spike. I think the injectors are gone and I would like an good enough hptuners tune. I haven't been making much dough lately. I could afford hptuners right now but I don't know about the long run. how much would somebody charge for a hiway tune?

Tuesday, June 05, 2007 8:09 PM
I finally got my intercooler piping this evening and I'm finnished putting it togather.
hell.... I still have 7 90* bends left. the only cutting I did was on my bov/Iat pipe before the t/b.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/2-5-TURBO-INTERCOOLER-PIPING-PIPE-INTEGRA-RSX-ECLIPSE_W0QQitemZ160123500902QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33742QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I didn't have to cut @!#$... it was all bolt-on. I still need 2 couplers, and the hose clamps are crap. But, whatever I'm happy.

This is the reason I never wanted to take a shot of the engine bay:
- old intercooler and piping.

If somebody can help me tune my cav with 550cc injectors on the hiway, pm me please. thanks.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007 12:49 PM
i thought you had a quad4

Juiced Towncar
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search