winnipeg j-bodies - Page 26 - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: winnipeg j-bodies
Saturday, March 22, 2008 10:15 AM
lol, i've been driving my jbody all winter! haha, just put 1" drop springs and some GR2's all around on the RS, installing some blue underglows (hahahaha!!!) Sunbird Tail light conversion, HID's (proper way, cutting out the headlamps and plastic welding a proper hid projector in place) after that i'll finish up the body work on the car and paint it then the daily driver is done and its time to get cracking on the truck again

Saturday, March 22, 2008 12:33 PM
stevefire wrote:yeah I'm starting to get the itch again too, can't wait to get the fire out on the street again

oh @!#$ we're gonna be able to catch a glimpse of that bitch spooling around?? nice...

justin im assuming u own a 2nd gen right?? i've always liked the sunbird taillights on 2nd gen cavys.. my buddy used to own a '93 sunbird that had the z24 side skirts on it and man did it ever look nice, they shoulda just made one car that looked like that lol...

------
Saturday, March 22, 2008 6:34 PM
yes I'm planning on driving it to and from work daily... (hoping)

Saturday, March 22, 2008 7:34 PM
stevefire wrote:yes I'm planning on driving it to and from work daily... (hoping)

lol, uh oh turning into a daily driver bitch now? hahaha.

And yes i bought a second gen, ONLY because it was a good deal (ok so i bought three of them to make one mint one) but still way ahead of the game and eh i cant complain, 28-32MPG 50/50hwy/city mix in a v6 5spd car isnt too bad in my books

Saturday, March 22, 2008 7:43 PM
Argg... Mine is out since December and she turned into my Daily Driver Bitch, like how Justin describes it. Haha
Saturday, March 22, 2008 9:32 PM
Little update from Calgary for you guys, my car has just over 40k on the boosted engine and it is still running great! Stock tranny is holding up with 110k and stock CV shafts still... I will be hitting race city this year with a proper tune, upping boost from 9 to 13 or so, and maybe some real tires up front. I am really hungry for the 12's or 110mph+ , last year I was 0.2 sec too slow and 1mph short, I will keep you guys updated as I get to the track, and let you know which parts I break first.

Oh, the first thing to break on the setup was the wideband bosch sensor, so I have a new one on order, and a new map sensor, and hpoefully I can get it perfectly tuned for this altitude, last year at the track I was running the MB tune and AFR's were in the 10's :S

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Sunday, March 23, 2008 4:13 AM
Justin_Inc wrote:lol, uh oh turning into a daily driver bitch now? hahaha.

Not at all, my S10 is still my daily driver. I'm more or less wanting to drive it everyday to prove that I can. That I actually might be capable of doing a good streetable tune on it. So far all she's good at is WOT though I'm not exactly sure who can back me up on that one... hmm I'm not even sure if more then a handful of people have been in my car, lol.

Sunday, March 23, 2008 4:15 AM
Garrett, its good to hear your car is going so strongly!

that jump from 9lbs to 12lbs for me was amazing!! The power comes on so gradually, its easy to forget how fast you're going!! Can't wait to hear you pull a 12 sec run.

Sunday, March 23, 2008 11:01 PM
stevefire wrote:Garrett, its good to hear your car is going so strongly!

that jump from 9lbs to 12lbs for me was amazing!! The power comes on so gradually, its easy to forget how fast you're going!! Can't wait to hear you pull a 12 sec run.

so when are you going to run at the track Steve?

Monday, March 24, 2008 12:29 PM
Well last year I said I was hoping to go, but this year, dammit I mean it. . . . .

I don't know, I'm really hoping this year wont screw me over like last year, lol.

Life gets in the way sometimes, but not always in bad ways.

Monday, March 24, 2008 3:58 PM
ge_forcez22 wrote:Little update from Calgary for you guys, my car has just over 40k on the boosted engine and it is still running great! Stock tranny is holding up with 110k and stock CV shafts still... I will be hitting race city this year with a proper tune, upping boost from 9 to 13 or so, and maybe some real tires up front. I am really hungry for the 12's or 110mph+ , last year I was 0.2 sec too slow and 1mph short, I will keep you guys updated as I get to the track, and let you know which parts I break first.

Oh, the first thing to break on the setup was the wideband bosch sensor, so I have a new one on order, and a new map sensor, and hpoefully I can get it perfectly tuned for this altitude, last year at the track I was running the MB tune and AFR's were in the 10's :S

And people say the altitude difference doesn't affect boosted cars, lol. Good luck Garrett, I'm sure you'll get there.

Steve, I want a do-over on my ride, last time it broke before you took me for a good pull, lol.

15.3 @ 89.97mph - '01 SFGT
'98 Acura 1.6EL Sport 5M Y7/Y8 mini me

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 7:10 AM
Somebody vandalized my cav... over the winter. next time I should get storage insurance and say my enigine seems to be missing too. btw does anybody have a working z24 for sale?

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 7:11 AM
i ment ld9 for sale... not car

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 11:22 PM
Turbines, To Speed! wrote:i ment ld9 for sale... not car

how much you lookin to spend LOL! haha, I have just about any/all parts kicking around to build a stocker/slightly modded one. What do you need?

Saturday, April 05, 2008 5:29 AM
Lets get this back to the 1st page, Ontario 'owns' the rest of this forum

@!#$ ontario!

Car should be out by the end of the month (or somewhere around there)

Saturday, April 05, 2008 2:29 PM
stevefire wrote:Lets get this back to the 1st page, Ontario 'owns' the rest of this forum

@!#$ ontario!

Car should be out by the end of the month (or somewhere around there)

X2, and hey if your down for an ass kicking by a second gen give me a holler i wouldnt mind going out rollin' with a few people again

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 5:25 PM
bump because ontario sucks

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 6:39 PM
nice nice i hope 2 see everybodies J's this year but im not sure when my cars gonna be coming out i didnt realize my camry's insurance was due the end of this month and i dunno if im gonna be able to come up with the $500+ to insure both cars might have to wait till early may, i wasnt really planning on driving it till then anyway...

oh and @!#$ ontario and all ur kids book learning...

------
http://corpsemangler.fortunecity.com
Thursday, April 10, 2008 6:12 AM
sudbury sucks

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Thursday, April 10, 2008 9:27 AM
get your car back yet?

Saturday, April 12, 2008 10:17 PM
stevefire wrote:get your car back yet?

I dont think he has, wouldnt matter anyways it would just be broken in a week again anyways LOL!

Monday, April 14, 2008 7:11 PM
lol haha^^

car should be back tomorrow im hoping, if not ill have to pick it up from my friends on thursday.

Juiced Towncar
Saturday, April 19, 2008 2:58 AM
so wheres the pics? LOL

Saturday, April 19, 2008 1:36 PM
i'll get some tomorrow. ive been to busy driving. haha this thing loves gas pumps. well not really unless i give'r.

Juiced Towncar
Sunday, April 20, 2008 12:19 AM
Benz88 wrote:i'll get some tomorrow. ive been to busy driving. haha this thing loves gas pumps. well not really unless i give'r.

@!#$ i reset the computer on my second gen last week, lost about 8MPG god i cant wait to get my megasquirt and wideband wired in, should gain it all back if not more

Start New Topic Advanced Search