3400 Project + other parts - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3400 Project + other parts
Sunday, August 12, 2012 9:52 PM
Alright so here is the deal, I started a 3400 build a few years ago, then put it off for a year because I was starting a new business that required all my attention, and then moved out of the country for a while and now that I am back I have no interest in completing the project.

What I have:
3400 Engine from 2000 Grand Am (I had this out doors for a winter under a tarp before moving it into a shed, I would highly suggest it be opened up and cleaned before used) about 90000km. I still have the body of the Grand Am as well for any other parts you need.

1999 Z24 Cavalier (Engine is still in but not running, spun rod bearing and the engine harness is not hooked up), the dash is completely out of the car because I was going to make some fiberglass pieces but never got around to it. I have all the stock pieces to put back in. The last time I saw the car it only had minor rust on the bottom inner edge of the doors and behind the gas cap (not visible with the lid shut).

1998? 2.2L engine/ manual trans (was going to this trans with the 3400 engine, I cannot remember the kms on it, engine was running when pulled)

Electrical harness already made by a member on here who is very knowledgeable with this sort of thing and guaranteed it to work.
HP Tuners Pro
Upper and Lower engine mounts made by mr.quick
Autometer guages- spped, rpm, water temp, volt, fuel, boost, oil temp

As you can see I have almost everything (I'd recommend a new clutch, and gasket set for the engine so you can pull it apart for a thorough cleaning) you would need to do the work except the motivation.

Parts that aren't necessary for the swap but I am also sell:
Team Green LSD insert for the above listed trans (2.2L engine)
Brackets for rear discs from Club Teh Jeffie's group purchase
CF hood for 95-99
Ram Intake for 2.4L engine
Black Halo style headlights for 95-99
Fairly beat up fiberglass body kit for a 95-99 2 door cav
I need to double check, but I am fairly sure I also have new rotors and drums

I am not really interested in selling small parts individually, especially stuff related to the swap. I would much rather either sell everything at once, or just keep it in storage and maybe one day decide to finish it, or pay someone to finish it for me. I don't need the space or the money, so I am in no rush to sell it , I'm just curious to see if there is any interest.

I am open to any reasonable offers. Just don't expect me to pull this stuff out of storage to sell just the intake for $20, if there is not enough interest I will just hang on to everything (with the exception of the bodykit, I have no interest in keeping it so any reasonable offer can have it). I can get pictures of stuff but I am very busy and will be out of the country this wed-fri so they will probably have to wait until after I return.

Re: 3400 Project + other parts
Friday, August 31, 2012 4:37 PM
Alright so after much thought, I've decided I do not want to hold onto this stuff at all. I don't realistically see myself getting back into this project so everything is now for sale. Everything will be best offer and I will probably just haul whats left to a scrap yard sometime before now and winter.

I want to get rid of everything quickly, so just make an offer on whatever you want, big or small. Pictures can be taken but the cars/parts are 30min away so I won't be driving there just to take a pic of a $20 part.
Saturday, January 12, 2013 3:48 PM
Wow I cant believe this is still on the first page, guess there is far less traffic here than there used to be...

Update:

All Cars and 2.2L engine are sold

Remaining parts:

3400 Engine (condition unknown at this point, will let it go cheap)
95-02 SS Carbon Fiber Hood
95-02 Black Halo style projector headlights
Ram intake for 2.4L
Team Green LSD insert (trans off 2.2L non-ecotec)
Brackets for rear discs from Club Teh Jeffie's group purchase
Electrical harness to fun 2000 3400 on 1999 2.4L PCM... Not sure what other years it would work for without some modifications
HP Tuners Pro (8 credits)
Upper and Lower engine mounts made by mr.quick
Autometer gauges- speed, rpm, water temp, volt, fuel, boost, oil temp

Everything is just sitting in storage, I'm not in a rush to get rid of it but without the vehicles these parts are useless to me. Open to any offers but don't waste my time, I can deliver if reasonable distance although I am very busy so you will need to be patient. Email at d_simoes@live.ca for fastest response.
Sunday, January 20, 2013 3:37 PM
HP Tuner cable sold

Found a license plate filler panel (is that what its called?). Currently red but it would be pretty easy to paint to whatever color you need.
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:21 PM
Do you have pics off the tailights and the hood? Price on em?
Thursday, February 07, 2013 5:33 PM
Hey dude you still have the CF hood? If you do what style is it?
Saturday, February 16, 2013 3:09 PM
Hey guys, sorry I don't log on here often, Please email me at d_simoes@live.ca for a fast reply.

I don't have tail lights, I have aftermarket headlights, they are this style here, but without ballasts. They are in great shape except one of the screws to adjust the level of the light wasn't working properly, the lights were still sitting at the right angle when they were on my cav though. I assume that screw can be easily replaced but I've never tried.

The cf hood I have is this one. It also has an actual duct under the vent that directs air to the air filter so it is functional. Mine has been in storage for a couple years, from what I remember, there is a small corner that is slightly damaged (the corner closest to the front passenger seat), it is very minor and other than that it is in great shape.

Email me any offers and I'll get back to you asap, if you reply here it will probably go unnoticed for a week or so (the reply notices go to a separate email account I no loner use)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search