Joe Saves me again! - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Joe Saves me again!
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 11:12 AM
Hey everyone... If you recall a while back i had a problem... what else is new

EVERYTIME i do something, simple or not... something has to go wrong.. this time my coil bolt was stripped.. and i went to joe at racetech, even tho he wasnt sure the best way to do the work, either cut it out, weld a new head to it, etc..

when i got there, we got right to work... he heated up the collar and hammered in an allen key... sure enough after about 15 mins of turning it one revolution at a time it finaly came out.. with no damage! I am MORE then happy with the work and as i said.. he saved my ass!

so rims are on, and it will be slammed tomorow i will get pics real soon

happy ending... and thanks to JOE and ALL racetech staff...

***Thanks again to stargrrrl***

Re: Joe Saves me again!
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 11:47 AM
Any idea how the bolt got stripped in the first place?

I've said it before and I'll say it here to anyone who's listening...

Never overtighten the collar bolts on your coilovers and if you ever back it out of the threads (there is no good reason to ever do so) make damned sure you're not cross threading it when you put it back in!

Next, never do any adjusting without cleaning them first. Brake cleaner works well for this, and make sure you spray some right into the head of the collar bolt.

Always make sure the allen key is fully seated in the bolt before trying to turn it.

Glad to hear everything worked out ok!!

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 4:20 PM
ya, i think it was a mix of over tightening and what GC said was over the winter the aluminum bolts and the metal collar often they fuse together so tight they wont come out...

i must have stripped it cause of those factors... luckily get got them out and im ecstatic

***Thanks again to stargrrrl***
Saturday, May 07, 2005 12:24 PM
Glad everything worked out for us, it could have been worse.

Joe

RACE-TECH Automotive inc.
141 Turbine dr.
Toronto, Ontario, M9L 2S7
(416) 747-5728

WWW.RACETECHAUTO.COM e-mail: racetek@idirect.com

Race-Tech is offically the first J-body in the 11.0 second club!!!

FOR SALE: 1998 Z24 2.4L Turbo Intercooled show car, for more info please send email.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search