Traffic tickets Dont use ott legal - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Traffic tickets Dont use ott legal
Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:36 PM
If anyone in the gta has a traffic ticket Do not go to ott legal they are the worse traffic lawyers they don't even fight your tickets they just go to court and get a reducal and then they lie to you saying the charge was withdrawn!I almost got my liscence suspended because they lie .save yourselfs trouble and find a good lawyer.

Re: Traffic tickets Dont use ott legal
Friday, June 26, 2009 7:43 AM
That sucks.

I have known people to use those types of services. Some reported great results. Some, not so much.

If my licence were at stake, I would want a lawyer to back me up.

Sunday, June 28, 2009 3:41 PM
Its common sense never to use an x-cop type legal aid ... We were taught this in law in College ... Get a real lawyer or rep urself ... The others are just big $ grabs.

Thursday, July 02, 2009 2:15 PM
well i use it on a 25 over charge and it was radar patrol so you know they have notes and radar.. they guranted a dismisall... just warning ppl here not to use them or not use any type of traffic lawyers
Friday, July 03, 2009 10:09 PM
go after them, that's bull@!#$.

Saturday, July 04, 2009 12:01 AM
'X-copper' type places are huge scams. They do what you can easily do for yourself, and as long as they remove one point or 1 km/h from the charge they consider it a Win, and charge you $400. Do it yourself and you'll do no worse than calling them.

Monday, July 06, 2009 11:08 AM
All the x-copper places are like said before.. CASH grabs.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:08 PM
Don't know what you guys are talking about.... I've used these services and have gotten great results.

I was clocked doing 100km in a 50km zone (Humber college - lakeshore campus area) and the lawyer got the ticket thrown out on a technicality. I only paid him 300 taxes in. The ticket alone was about $245.00 and 4 points. (Mind you this was in my younger days - 1999)

It just depends on who you go to. Always ask for references and make sure they write the conditions of your agreement on the receipt they provide you with.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:22 PM
never used a laywer once faught 2 tickets solo i got off 100% the other got it changed from no seat belt to seat belt inoperative to save me the points and i got it down to 40 bucks and 60 days to pay was 110 and 3 points

the 1 i got off was un-necessary noise if you know the HWY traffic act you don't need those services, every ticket has a loop hole a guy i know thats a cop says if you clever enough you can get off every ticket theres always a loop hole

JBO since July 30, 2001
Thursday, July 23, 2009 6:35 AM
^^ x2

I have a copy of the hwy traffic act in my jeep...

cops like to pull me over for my tires sticking out too far on dry pavement, when I cannot get a ticket because it is okay unless it is wet pavement and im shooting up rooster tails going down the road...

its little things that if you educate yourself with, you can solve a lot of your own problems.

download the hwy traffic act and read it, it tells you lots of good information...

Example. YOU CANNOT GET A TICKET FOR ONE TAIL LIGHT BEING OUT

It clearly states that it is law to have one rear facing light in working order, therefore it is BS for a police officer to ticket you for a taillight being out. maybe a warning to get it fixed, but no fine.

things like that!

Andrew

Re: Traffic tickets USE ott legal
Monday, August 31, 2009 8:42 PM
I totally disagree, I have had nothing but good results with these guys, and so have my friends. They won one of my tickets on because they filed a motion with the court that it took too long to come to court, something that I had no idea how to do. You have to be realistic, no body wins every case, but at least they were honest and gave the straight goods when I spoke with them. Of four tickets they won 3, and I had to pay a fine on just one. Two of my friends also have had good results, and the prices were cheaper than those other guys... I give them AAA,

Saturday, September 05, 2009 8:03 AM
I would rather pay a small fine and have zero points then to have to stand in front of a judge and possibly get it knocked down a little.
Some aren't that great others are awesome.

Ryan1

Sunday, September 06, 2009 4:11 PM
Yea but this instence they guranted a win and then lied to me about it mean while my liscence almost got suspended because I didn't pay the fine. I would not reffer them to anyone. They just go to court when u pay them 200 bucks and just say reduce it I mean anyone can do that. I was guranted a win and they lied when they lost..don't trust them thats what I'm trying to say
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search