projector headlighting issue.. - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
projector headlighting issue..
Tuesday, July 07, 2009 3:25 PM
hey everyone i recently purchased a set of blak housing projector headlights for my 96 cavalier and i have 8000K h.i.d's and im having issues with the lighting at night. my beam pattern has like a half moon shape projecting on the ground and the light is all scatterd. anyone ever have this problem or what the problem could be so i can correct it. thx

Re: projector headlighting issue..
Wednesday, July 08, 2009 6:10 AM
The half moon means that they are not in far enough into the projector.

Did you get the proper bulb size?

Wednesday, July 08, 2009 3:40 PM
me and my friend were both thinking that could be the issue but dont know how to solve the problem. i have 9006 hid bulbs for my driving lights and i had to modify the housing a little for the bulb to fit snuggly in it. but there is alot of space between the bulb and the projector lens. i dont know what can be done .
Wednesday, July 08, 2009 4:12 PM
Get a 9005 HID system or bulbs

/thread

Wednesday, July 08, 2009 4:27 PM
whats the diffrence between the 2 bulbs? since i have the 9006? is that what everyone uses on the projectors?
Thursday, July 09, 2009 2:18 AM
The 95-99's had 2 sets of bulbs no?? One for high one for low, perhaps you have the wrong one in the wrong hole/housing?? Try switchin the hole??

Thursday, July 09, 2009 8:42 AM
the 9005 doesnt have the lip the 9006 does.

You can cut the lip off the HIDS but i wouldnt recommend it

Thursday, July 09, 2009 4:30 PM
i have the right one hooked up just have a bad beam of light and its not projecting like it should. ill try the 9005 bulb set up instead of my hid's has anyone else had this problem before?
Thursday, July 09, 2009 9:54 PM
Blindz24 wrote:The 95-99's had 2 sets of bulbs no??

Stock 95-99 Cav headlights use a 9006 bulb for the low beam and 9005 for the hi beam. The two piece projectors use 9005 for both. I'm running a 9005 HID system for my low beams in my projectors with no problems whatsoever.

Good read for the OP...

http://www.hidfoglight.com/customerService/why6000k.html

Friday, July 10, 2009 2:38 AM
^ thanks for explaining that very helpful and now I know the difference I always wondered

-T.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search