F/S 2003 Cavalier Coupe Rebuilder - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
F/S 2003 Cavalier Coupe Rebuilder
Tuesday, November 03, 2009 9:37 AM
Hi Guys

I am looking to unload everything that I have pulled together for my 03 build. I have year of stuff I have collected but was never able to find time to put it all together. Now with a baby on the way some things just have to go.

Right now I just have information on the car but I will hopefully be able to get the parts list up shortly.

The car is a 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier with a 2.2L Ecotech engine and 5-speed manual transmission. The kilometers to date are at 68 333. Power windows and doors, alloy wheels, am / fm / CD and A/C . The car has suffered a light side impact. CLEAR TITLE

I have removed the inner door skin of the drivers door and purchased a new door for the replacement. Front fender and hood are have no damage and the passenger side is in great shape. Right now the car requires a new windshield, rear DS window, DS tail light, rear bumper and some body work. A picture of the car can be found in the classifieds. More pictures available upon request.

I'm located between London and Kitchener and would require pick up.
$2000 obo

Again I will try and get a parts list up shortly and consists of interior, exterior, and audio mods.

Re: F/S 2003 Cavalier Coupe Rebuilder
Tuesday, November 03, 2009 10:01 AM
part the car out you will never find someone to buy this car like that and it will make your life easier if you do part ill be interested in some stuff off of it
Tuesday, November 03, 2009 2:19 PM
2g's?

kinda high for that car dont ya think? i would say like 800 bucks lol

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 6:36 PM
i have full pictures of the car the rear 1/4 is WASTED rear bumper is busted so is the one rear tail light.

the door he has is too much work to do since he has a sunfire GT door. so you would have to weld up the holes for the GT door skin and cut off the tabs. would be easier and cheaper to find a cavalier door........

honestly its a 4000 dollar car FIXED i just sold my yellow Z24 for 4000

there is atleast 3500 in damage to that car as the a and b pillars needs pulled and repaired

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 8:07 PM
I will give you $400, and I will pick it up this weekend.

Wednesday, November 04, 2009 6:33 AM
Yes there is some work to be done. As the car sits right now the windsheild and rear DS window need to be replaced. The easist way to fix the rear quarter would be to replace it by welding in a new one. If your welding that maybe you could fill the 2 holes in the door. A new rear bumper and DS tailight would also be needed. The drivers side A and B-pillar will also need to be pulled a bit. The front fender, hood and trunk are in perfect condition and there is no damage to the wheels.

I now see the car is priced on the high side so I would be willing to drop the price to $1500.

If you would like any additional photos please email me at diggerme@hotmail.com
Wednesday, November 04, 2009 11:19 AM
You can find a car with a blown engine, with the body in perfect condition throw a eco in it and be about the same price as your asking for a car that needs $3000 in work.
Wednesday, November 04, 2009 11:28 AM
FAR to much money for car that needs that much work. Sorry....but thats just the way it is man.

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Wednesday, November 04, 2009 1:29 PM
If you part it out, dibbs on the tranny!!!

BUY MY SAAB TURBO SETUP! --> http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/61091/
Wednesday, November 04, 2009 3:18 PM
Adam i can get you a tranny for 125 bucks with low kms...........

Actually Ryan i sold ^^ Got2BeGT a 2000 Sunfire GT with a full ecotec swap in it that had 75,000kms on the driveline for 2200 dollars.............

Wednesday, November 04, 2009 7:02 PM
Hey guys

I started a new post for the other parts

Thursday, November 05, 2009 7:23 AM
sell me the damn motor lol
Thursday, November 05, 2009 7:45 AM
I'm interested in the hood and drivers side fender...
Monday, November 16, 2009 7:05 PM
VIPERREDZED wrote:Adam i can get you a tranny for 125 bucks with low kms...........

Actually Ryan i sold ^^ Got2BeGT a 2000 Sunfire GT with a full ecotec swap in it that had 75,000kms on the driveline for 2200 dollars.............

why every time i see someone asking how much their car is worth, how much they should sell it for or how much one is to buy i hear this. Just because you sold it for $2200 and Adam sold it for $1500 doesn't mean that's how much all are worth. They are worth what someone will pay, most people will pay what the average of a bunch of the same, or close to the same cars sell for, or i should say they will pay the average of what the sellers are asking.

The price something is worth is not always whatever the last lowest price was. For example, i just bought some 2006 headlights for my 350, new from Nissan they are $1400 each, plus tax. so $3165 total. Used they sell on the 350 forums for between $900 and $1100 with a average price of $1000 us plus shipping for both. So if i went by the average price of $1000 us plus shipping and exchange they would cost me around $1150 to my door.

Now i got a smoking deal from a guy who works at a dealer on a set that was replaced under warranty, then he sold me the old ones. They did not have the HID equipment in them and were missing a few parts but i can transfer what is needed from my 2004 set. I paid $150 for the lights, then i am going to sell mine to my friend for $100, which mean they will cost me $50 out of pocket. If i wanted to by another 2004 set i could get them for around $350, why would i but it would be $400 total then.

On the 350 forums when someone is selling a set for $1000 us, the going rate, i could post that i bought mine for $150 cdn, or even say $400 cdn. But what would be the point, the going rate is $1000us, i would just be a jerk by rubbing my good deal in their faces.

MY 1998 CHEVY CAVALIER Z24 WEB PAGE
MY OLD CAR: KEVIN'S BLUE 1993 CHEVY CAVALIER WEB PAGE
Monday, November 16, 2009 9:17 PM
Well said sir......Well said.

Now remember you who you are trying to talk sense to.....J owners are cheap to say the least. NEVER sell anything here.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 4:33 AM
Not all of them are cheap though

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 10:44 AM
Kevin i could go to an auto auction tommorow and buy 4 of that car for less than the price he is asking........at the auction wreaked 03-05 base model J bodies sell for 2-400 dollars.............(usually the minimum bid because no one buys them)

Thursday, November 19, 2009 9:15 PM
VIPERREDZED wrote:Kevin i could go to an auto auction tommorow and buy 4 of that car for less than the price he is asking........at the auction wreaked 03-05 base model J bodies sell for 2-400 dollars.............(usually the minimum bid because no one buys them)

if his price is more than than the average of a bunch of the same, or close to the same cars then yes its too high, or at least a bit high.

But to be fair Greg not everyone can go to auctions like you, meaning you get a lower price than the general public. Since most people on here do not shop at auctions, or most people on here looking to buy a car aren't for sure, (why would they if they could go to auctions.) Therefore auction prices or cars bought, fixed and sold from auctions are not a true representation of what the average car is worth or sells for. You get a good deal and sell for a good deal.

MY 1998 CHEVY CAVALIER Z24 WEB PAGE
MY OLD CAR: KEVIN'S BLUE 1993 CHEVY CAVALIER WEB PAGE
Friday, November 20, 2009 3:56 PM
Kevin (xerman2001) wrote:
VIPERREDZED wrote:Kevin i could go to an auto auction tommorow and buy 4 of that car for less than the price he is asking........at the auction wreaked 03-05 base model J bodies sell for 2-400 dollars.............(usually the minimum bid because no one buys them)

if his price is more than than the average of a bunch of the same, or close to the same cars then yes its too high, or at least a bit high.

But to be fair Greg not everyone can go to auctions like you, meaning you get a lower price than the general public. Since most people on here do not shop at auctions, or most people on here looking to buy a car aren't for sure, (why would they if they could go to auctions.) Therefore auction prices or cars bought, fixed and sold from auctions are not a true representation of what the average car is worth or sells for. You get a good deal and sell for a good deal.

again, the price is way to high is should be atleast half of what he is asking, trust me... I have been buying some of these cars straight from the wreckers for half of what he is asking.
Friday, November 20, 2009 4:30 PM
last 3 i have bought

my 03 Z24 with 103,000kms wreaked for $750
2004 5 speed ecotec 94,000kms wreaked in the front end $600
rolled on its side 03 5 speed for $800
02 sunfire base blown motor $100
02 sunifre 4 door neede fuel pump $300
02 Sunfire 4 door 5 speed needed motor $100

ALL bought of kijiji

these cars are work f all if they need work. I could ONLY get 4000 for my 03 Z24 with 113,000kms

Friday, November 20, 2009 8:18 PM
Kevin (xerman2001) wrote:
VIPERREDZED wrote:Adam i can get you a tranny for 125 bucks with low kms...........

why every time i see someone asking how much their car is worth, how much they should sell it for or how much one is to buy i hear this. Just because you sold it for $2200 and Adam sold it for $1500 doesn't mean that's how much all are worth. They are worth what someone will pay, most people will pay what the average of a bunch of the same, or close to the same cars sell for, or i should say they will pay the average of what the sellers are asking.

The price something is worth is not always whatever the last lowest price was. For example, i just bought some 2006 headlights for my 350, new from Nissan they are $1400 each, plus tax. so $3165 total. Used they sell on the 350 forums for between $900 and $1100 with a average price of $1000 us plus shipping for both. So if i went by the average price of $1000 us plus shipping and exchange they would cost me around $1150 to my door.

Now i got a smoking deal from a guy who works at a dealer on a set that was replaced under warranty, then he sold me the old ones. They did not have the HID equipment in them and were missing a few parts but i can transfer what is needed from my 2004 set. I paid $150 for the lights, then i am going to sell mine to my friend for $100, which mean they will cost me $50 out of pocket. If i wanted to by another 2004 set i could get them for around $350, why would i but it would be $400 total then.

On the 350 forums when someone is selling a set for $1000 us, the going rate, i could post that i bought mine for $150 cdn, or even say $400 cdn. But what would be the point, the going rate is $1000us, i would just be a jerk by rubbing my good deal in their faces.

you are also the one that trys to sell use J stuff for almost new price theres a reason you kit hasn't sold and thats cause its too much these are j bodys there cheap cars just cause your paint is in mint shape doesn't mean anything cause unless somones car is red they will be painting it so they wont pay that. i would say greg is right on his prediction a freind of mine bought a donor car with less damage then that for 800 was asking way too much for that car. on the j body forums if something isn't sell such as this car its cause its too much cuase certain things are hot items such as this car and your front bumper and sides

JBO since July 30, 2001

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search