WANTEDDDDDD!!! performance items - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WANTEDDDDDD!!! performance items
Monday, July 05, 2010 5:33 PM
im looking for some of the following items

1.lower control arms with polyurithane inserts
2. 2.4L headder used?
3.engine mounts urithane
4. throttle body spacer
5. tuned ecm or chip for 97 z2.4

Re: WANTEDDDDDD!!! performance items
Tuesday, July 06, 2010 9:54 PM
Engine mounts can be found fairly cheap from our sponsors, so I'd suggest buying from them. No point in buying used mounts when new ones aren't very expensive.

Throttle body spacers are useless, atleast for our cars.

Chips for a 97 Z24 do not exist. The actual computer chip that you would replace with a performance chip (in older cars), simply isnt found in a '95+ vehicle.

Congrats on not putting an "s" on the end of header though, most people screw that one up. Goodluck with finding items 1-3, but I just figured I should let you know 4-5 are a waste of money.
Tuesday, July 06, 2010 10:00 PM
For the control arms, You might be better off to find a set of GA control arms in the classifieds. Much better than stock.

Header is up to you, There are a few different brands.

D.Simoes wrote:Engine mounts can be found fairly cheap from our sponsors, so I'd suggest buying from them. No point in buying used mounts when new ones aren't very expensive.

Truth. I picked mine up from TTR.

D.Simoes wrote:Throttle body spacers are useless, atleast for our cars.

Same.

D.Simoes wrote:Chips for a 97 Z24 do not exist. The actual computer chip that you would replace with a performance chip (in older cars), simply isnt found in a '95+ vehicle.

95 manual pcms can be chipped. 95 auto pcms cannot. (We are not talking an ebay chip either. Those don't work period.) 96 is s.o.l.. And 97+ has HPT

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, July 06, 2010 10:02 PM

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 6:08 AM
ok well thats good to know. Just trying to get opinions on what way to di a n/a build with mild bolt ons. So instead of chipping the ecu can u get it reprogramed with a computer to tune it cuz a guy i met said he tuned sunfire gt and worked??. What mods would give u a good power gain for the best buck with out turboing it.
Thursday, July 08, 2010 8:50 AM
Intake and exhaust, you will need HPTuners to modify the stock pcm, quite a bit of power can be found in a custom tune, even N/A.

Friday, July 09, 2010 6:18 AM
where is hp tuners and whats it cost to get it tuned? Can they remove the factory governor?
Friday, July 09, 2010 6:20 AM
where is hp tuners and whats it cost to get it tuned? Can they remove the factory governor?
Friday, July 09, 2010 10:11 AM
mitchell guimond wrote:where is hp tuners and whats it cost to get it tuned? Can they remove the factory governor?

Hp tuners is a software program, not a company. It costs roughly a @!#$ ton, and it cannot remove the governor. I doubt you could in any way justify needing the governor removed anyway.... Now enjoy the lack of help you will get because you are clearly a street racing moron...
Friday, July 09, 2010 7:36 PM
It's not a governor anyway it's a speed limiter.

I've got a used header, $100 and it's yours. RK Sport 4-1. Come get it, I've had it way too damn long.

14.330 @ 96.37mph
Friday, July 09, 2010 8:56 PM
ill take that i pm'd u
Saturday, July 10, 2010 10:56 PM
If you're trapping past the limiter in the 1/4, then you will get help to remove the governor, but since it is obvious you are not even close to touching that much mph, I nor more than likely anyone else will help you with removing it.

Also D.Simoes, HPTuners is not that costly if you're serious about tuning... also it CAN remove the governor, myself plus many others have done it.

Sunday, July 11, 2010 1:25 AM
Isaak wrote:If you're trapping past the limiter in the 1/4, then you will get help to remove the governor, but since it is obvious you are not even close to touching that much mph, I nor more than likely anyone else will help you with removing it.

Also D.Simoes, HPTuners is not that costly if you're serious about tuning... also it CAN remove the governor, myself plus many others have done it.

I know this, I own hptuners, I was just trying to discourage the op from asking us to remove it for him. Followed by us explaining why its unsafe, and why he would have to pay us $100, yadda yadda.... But techinicaly it doesn't remove the governor, so I may have exagerated the price, but the rest was truth (although it was intentionaly misleading).
Sunday, July 11, 2010 8:10 AM
most tuner guys wont remove it anyways unless you are fatster in the 1/4 mile an with those mods its not gonna be an issue

JBO since July 30, 2001
Sunday, July 11, 2010 11:40 AM
Discouraging someone that is lost as much as he is, kind of a useless cause

Governor is there for YOUR safety but in thise case especially, others on the road as well, there is no reason to do those speeds on the street, we all break the law/speed so I cannot say I don't because I know I do, but I know the consequences of doing so if I get caught and I am the one to blame for doing so, I have no one else to blame, no one showed me how to remove the safety devices from my car, so if someone helped you remove yours, they could be (and would be if you were smart and had a good lawyer) liable if you were to be in an accident at a said speed over what the governor is set for (108mph?). I cannot explain it any better than that, this is the reason why someone cannot help you remove it, even by telling you, we are helping.

Now lets say you were trapping over 108 in the 1/4 at the track, well then I would expect you to realize what it would take to remove it anyway, you wouldn't need to ask.

Sunday, July 11, 2010 12:44 PM
ok we realllly dont need to talk about the speed limiter anymore i wasnt going to do it in the first place. I was mearly asking a basic question about it but all i heard is attitude and reasons why i shoulddnt do it. I know the law. But if anyome has the items im looking for id really appreciate it alot. Thx
Sunday, July 11, 2010 2:50 PM
mitchell guimond wrote:ok we realllly dont need to talk about the speed limiter anymore i wasnt going to do it in the first place. I was mearly asking a basic question about it but all i heard is attitude and reasons why i shoulddnt do it. I know the law. But if anyome has the items im looking for id really appreciate it alot. Thx

Don't take it personally, its just not something people here like talking about for many reasons. Sorry about the harsh comment earlier, you seem like a decent guy. Good luck finding those other parts.
Sunday, July 11, 2010 3:58 PM
Thx I appreciate it I'm trying to do a Toyota jdm cavalier race spec and am sorcing ot ideas and parts to give it my own unique personialization. I tried to up load pics for u all to see my progress but my pics are to large to upload to the site any ideas how to correct that. And if anyone has any parts kicking around for a 97 2.4 let me know plz
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search