My Sunfire for sale...the day has come. - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My Sunfire for sale...the day has come.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:48 PM
Well...I've tossed and turned for a while now, and well, the time has come to get some movement on selling the car.

I have rarely posted on these boards for nearly 2 years now. I'm sure there are a lot of new faces I have yet to meet. One thing's for sure, this forum and the J-Body community was a great help and I've met a large number of great people from the sites, meets, and car shows over the years. It was a great ride and I have so many memories that I will never forget.

Below are the most recent pictures I took dating back to September 2011. The car will be sold as is. I am NOT parting anything out. The only thing that will not come with the car is the xbox 360...the rest comes with the car. I am asking $8,000 as is or best offer. If interested, shoot me a PM and we can talk.

Some information on the car:

It has 113,000km. It's a 1998 2 door Sunfire GT 2.4L automatic. It was always in the family. It was my sisters car. She got it in 1997 from the dealership. In 2000 I bought the car off of her when she moved and it was my baby ever since. I never pushed the car and drove her carefully all the time. Since 2004/2005 the Sunfire was no longer my daily driver and was never driven in the winter (except for some pictures here and there). The car has air conditioning, power windows, and a power sunroof.

Engine:
AEM short ram air intake
Upper and Lower RKSport engine mounts
Ceramic coated pacesetter headers
2.5" custom Y piping
High flow catalytic converter
2 deep toned mufflers (R1 I believe?...they sound great, nice and deep, not whiney).
Magnaflow resonator
Yellow top battery

Exterior:
Cavalier front end conversion
Black projector headlights
Black corner turn signals
Carbon Fiber Invader style hood
Buddy Club body kit
Front lip Carbon Fiber wrapped
APR Carbon Fiber mirrors and Carbon Fiber mirror base
Carbon Fiber trunk
Subaru tail lights
Custom fiberglass widebody kit
Vertical Doors Inc. (Lambo Doors)
2 Tone paint: BMW charcol grey (sorry, don't remember the paint code) Nissan 350z Daytona Blue...with added a small amount of flake noticeable in sunlight.
Relocated gas cap to under the trunk lid
Shaved door handles and Spal Shaved Door Handle kit
15% window tints all around
HID Headlights (still in the box, never opened or installed)

Wheels/Breaks:
Racetech slotted/drilled front rotars
19" in the front 20" in the rear TSW rims.
19's have 235/35/19 Kumho tires with a 2.5" lip
20's have 275/30/20 Kumho tires with a 5" lip
1" rear hub adaptor as the 20's are 5x114 bolt pattern. The hub adapter converted the 5x100 to a 5x114.

Suspension:
Upper strut tower bar
Air Ride suspension (all lines are fed through the interior of the car).
5 gallon air tank
2 new compressors (wish I had the specs on me, I'll have to dig it up, but they are great...spent nearly $700 on the two new compressors).
Water Trap
2 x front and rear air pressure gauges mounted on drivers A-Pillar
10 switch control box for front, rear, left, right, all 4 (individually and as a pair to make up the 10 different switches).

Audio / I.C.E
12" Monitor molded in dash in front of passenger
2 x 6" monitors molded in middle of dash
2 x 5.5" monitors molded into door panels
3 x 6" monitors molded under trunk lid
2 x 6.5 JVC speakers molded into door panels
2 x 6.5 JVC speakers molded to the top/back of the headliner
6 x 12" JVC blue illuminating subwoofers in custom box in rear seat
1 x 6 channel JVC 900 watt amp powering the speakers
2 x JVC 1000 watt amps powering 4 subs
1 x JVC 900 watt amp powering 2 subs
Panasonic DVD player/single din deck
2 x Stinger Power Capacitors
2 x 6x9's Panasonic Speakers in molded deck lid
5 tvs are wired up for the dvd player while the other 3 are wired up for the XBox 360 (again, the Xbox does not come with the car).

Interior:
Black racing seats with double blue stitching
Cyberdyne Digital Gauges (Oil, water, fuel, volts, speedometer)
Custom interior, fully fiberglassed and airbrushed. Door panels with Carbon Fiber inserts, Carbon Fiber sunroof cover, fiberglassed headliner, rear deck lid, dashboard, flooring...
Seats are on sliders with the ability to move forward and back.

Unfortunately for me, I don't have the time to put into this car to take it further. My "wish list" would be to do some engine work (Supercharger) and a big break kit. It would really put the car to where it needs to be. Hopefully someone else can take over the car, change it up to their likings and continue to share the same passion I had with it. If you have any questions or if I've missed anything, let me know and I'll get back to you.

Thank you for checking everyone.

Re: My Sunfire for sale...the day has come.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:59 AM
This car is absolutely gorgeous GLWS
Wednesday, March 21, 2012 4:53 AM
Good luck with the sale man.

Hope it goes to a good home.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 9:04 PM
Haven't really pushed the sale since the post a few months back...but...

$B.O. for the car as is, or will go with parting it out.

Shoot me a P.M. if interested with either a $B.O. or if you're interested in any parts.

Thanks everyone,

Friday, July 06, 2012 2:29 PM
150 bucks and a pic of me in a speedo

Sunday, July 08, 2012 7:53 AM
Sad to see yet another great car leaving, if only was in Ontario......

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:27 AM
I haven't been on these forums in what feels like yearssssss (it almost has been).
Considering spring is here and summer around the corner I thought before I put up another auto trader ad, I'd try here for someone first.

Honestly, at this point shoot me a PM if you're interested. It's taking up space in the garage and I'd love to see someone continue with this car rather than me taking off the rims and electronics and calling up the wreckers to take her away .

Need a car for parts or want to get her back into shape like her glory days? The fire has been parked in the garage for 2+ years now and I hope she can find another home.

$ is B.O.

-Vince

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:44 AM
For what it's worth, I'm in the same boat though I haven't really put any real effort into trying to sell yet.

I'm bringing mine out this summer for one last hurrah, but she'll be out with a For Sale sign on the window. Sad but true. I just don't have the space to store it anymore.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search