I think it's time to get rid of it - Canadian Mid East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I think it's time to get rid of it
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:06 PM
After all these years, it's time to sell the Cav.

Been a trusty and loyal steed, but with a child on the way this summer the need will arise for a more convenient winter beater.

Updated the registry to be as accurate as possible. Engine is original, 241,xxx KM. Boosted since 98,500km in 2004. Doesn't leak a drop of oil, or burn any coolant. Has never failed to start, and still goes faster than 90% of the J cars you see out there.

Open to offers, looking to ideally get $3000 due mostly to the SC and especially the Quaiffe LSD. Also have a spare LD9 and other spare parts including fuel pump, FE2 front sway bar, silver M3 mirrors and probably some other crap collecting dust in my loft.

The car won't pass safety (park brake, rusted quarters and other bits), so would be an ideal parts car pickup. E test was done just before the end of Dec 2013.

Questions? PM is key.

The cav went 14.330 @ 96.37mph. I'm sure the G8 will be a bit faster...one of these days I'll get it to the track!

Re: I think it's time to get rid of it
Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:52 AM
pm sent

Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:07 AM
Replied.

The cav went 14.330 @ 96.37mph. I'm sure the G8 will be a bit faster...one of these days I'll get it to the track!
Monday, April 29, 2013 1:33 PM

Blower, tune, exhaust and rear brakes almost add up to the asking pricet of this car.....

Pull the Engine.. remove the goodies, drop in a used "lower km" LD9 with stock exhaust, and swap off the brakes with a little bit of TLC and you could sell the car for almost this much and get away with some good parts.

Just for anyone who is willing to spend the time to make some money or have extra parts to upgrade their own J-body.

helping put this sale into perspective.

Monday, April 29, 2013 2:59 PM
I don't have the time, space, nor patience to remove any large components like engines and brakes. It's going away as it is, someone else can part it out for profit if they feel inclined.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 5:31 AM
^^^ Thats what I meant.... someone else can do it, to put the sale into perspective, and willing to spend the time to make some money or have extra parts to upgrade their own J-body.

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:10 PM
zdoubledozen [ Matt wrote:]^^^ Thats what I meant.... someone else can do it, to put the sale into perspective, and willing to spend the time to make some money or have extra parts to upgrade their own J-body.

Bumpy bumpington.

Still available...

Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:24 PM
3 dead hookers, a mcflurry of your choice and an XL double double from timmies. When can I pick it up?

Friday, July 12, 2013 5:12 AM
^^^ Said 3 hookers have $1000.00 ea tucked away somewhere.

So good deal... sold above asking price with the mcflurry and XL coffee.

Monday, September 30, 2013 8:35 PM
Think it's time for another bump...

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 4:36 PM
$2500

Thursday, November 28, 2013 3:45 PM
$1500

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:01 PM
You have a PM
Sunday, February 02, 2014 12:13 PM
Wow. Is that really what it's come down to?

I'm hoping to get $6k or so for mine. Of course, it's still in good shape and drivable and everything... but still. This makes me sad.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:36 PM
One thing you must learn is that once you decide to modify a j-body you will never get what you put into it unless you find someone else who is wants exactly what you have and is willing to pay that price. I know I am going to be putting probably 10k+ into mine and know I will never get back if I ever decide to sell but will have fun doing it. Good luck with the sale.
Monday, March 10, 2014 11:18 AM
Todd Daniels wrote:One thing you must learn is that once you decide to modify a j-body you will never get what you put into it unless you find someone else who is wants exactly what you have and is willing to pay that price. I know I am going to be putting probably 10k+ into mine and know I will never get back if I ever decide to sell but will have fun doing it. Good luck with the sale.

You're going to be? Like... you haven't started yet but that's your plan?

Can I suggest you simply start with mine and already be well on your way?

Monday, March 10, 2014 11:44 AM
Good luck with the sale, it is tough sometimes, I had a 91 GMC 4x4 that I put over $20000 into(built engine, huge lift, 38" swampers, etc.... ) Less than 10000km on most of the parts on the truck, originally was asking $12000, after 3 years of lowering the price and turning down many 5-$8000 offers, I sold it for $3000. It was a really sad day watching it drive away. Part of me was glad I finally sold it but other part was sad seeing it leave for so cheap. Modified cars/trucks have like no resale value.

I must say though, looking at your mod list, $1500 is dirt cheap. Unless you sold it already?

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search