All NC J-Bodies!!! - Page 12 - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: All NC J-Bodies!!!
Saturday, May 13, 2006 10:12 PM
Soon my work on the old cav starts,this wkend too busy and sunday is gonna b rain.I am going to start with the intake manifold gasket and new coil.Once I knock this out it will be new axles NEXT,oh the fun with those and the input shaft which is leaking like the valdese is in order.I have started the old ride just no riding until I fix the axle issues.I hope to get this shiat straight so I can meet up some this yr with all the new j peps on the nc area board.That is my scoop just wanted to revive the original NC J post and see if those who have not posted in certuries are still around.Alrighty.

Monday, June 19, 2006 8:50 PM
I guess this post is just way to boring for everybody.I am going to start the much needed work on my car this wkend!First is my intake mani gasket.I still have the axles to do but,with my 2nd shift schedule its kinda hard to work on it gettting home late.I just wanted to say hello and see if any of the raleigh or other peeps in areas I have meet are still cruising the jbody and let u know I am on here alot just reading post and stuff.Ok then,have a good day or what ever.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 9:24 PM
I believe it's been awhile since anyone from the original crew of peps posted on this post.I have been so preoccupied with my house and other crap.I am gonna actually start doing some work on my car and stop percrasinatng this wkend.I have not really had any time to go to shows or meet anyone since I am getting ready to do some home upgrades like a garage add on and house add on in the past two months.Things will start soon with that being the plans are done and getting the financial stuff together.The cav has sat tight and will c new axles no later than late sept.Just thought I would say hello to those who have meet me and those who have not hey too.Oh how time flys by does'nt it.

Friday, December 08, 2006 9:09 PM
Hey out there been awhile since anyone has posted on the original nc jbodies.I now have my new axles but,my house is undrconstr.I have a two car garage and added room on the house going on.I plan on installing this good stuff once my garage is done!Just thought I would drop a line even tho I am on here alot reading post and chatting occassionally.HEY to those who just do not say hey anymore.

Saturday, December 09, 2006 2:48 AM
its a resurection B*TCHES lol... how's everyhing going ron??

just riding around in the 4 door cav
Saturday, December 09, 2006 8:41 PM
Not too bad here.My house is curr being added on to and sooo looking forward to my two car garage! I hope to get my car ready by spring so I can attend so meets and such provided I can do the resto work on it,and upgrade the parts I have now.I guess everything sits tight till my garage is done b4 I can really start on it.Thats about it.

Sunday, December 10, 2006 12:09 AM
thats cool man.. how far do you stay from Charolette???

Sunday, December 10, 2006 7:29 PM
Greensboro about a 1hr half ride.

Sunday, December 10, 2006 8:43 PM
cool... might try to make it up there to check ya out when the garage is built

Monday, December 11, 2006 2:19 PM
hey ron... yeah i got a second job and a second car. just been working and working. no time for fun anymore. I hate being an adult lol

Monday, December 11, 2006 5:36 PM
but youre older than the rest of us lol jk i was going to take on a sec ond job *one for bills and one for play* but cant find a place who will work out a schedual with me.

Monday, December 11, 2006 5:44 PM
WALLY WORLD SAM lol

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 9:17 AM
lame > walter

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 6:53 PM
Awwwww, but Wal-mart is the life blood of Mooresville..lol. Yeah I'm just tryin to make the bills, and play with the Truck and the Cavi. But of course with my luck, they are both down and gotta get some work. Cavi is leakin coolant, and the the door selanoids(shaved handles) in the truck took a dive, so I gotta fix ones leak and break the other ones window.

-Cody

My Rides:
'97 Z-24 Cavi, 5spd, Hunter Green, Alpine H/U....pretty stock
'00 Ford Ranger, 3.0 V-6, 5spd, fully shaved, 4/5 drop, 18inch wheels, 245/45/zr18, small system, bed cover, FIPK kit, full exhaust, 4:10 gears.......thats it......for now
Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:38 PM
^ im still waiting to see pics and to see if you have seen me around lol

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:38 PM
Age has no revelance in in my book LOL! I am just a j owner with a little less knowledge of the newer ones but,know alot about the OLD ones like mine.Any how my garage is taking shape and concrete should be in about a wk and shingles on the roof maybe this wk or next.I just will love to be able to work on my old cav inside and fix the stuff I need to do on it once its all done maybe jan/feb.I hate having my new front left/right axles laying in my house while this goes on even tho doing during the cold will be nice in my new garage not to mention added room in my kitchen,bedroom another bathroom and walk in closet.I am looking forward to getting my car's front end stuff done new everything struts,springs, all of it.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 5:26 AM
Hey cody, where did you get your shaving done? do it yourself? I just got a truck I am planning some work to. Body drop, Bags, Shaved smooth. anyways Hit me up. I have an `01 cavalier with a pretty good amount done that I am gonna sell to finance this new project cuz I havea CRX as a daily beater.
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 10:15 AM
It's not hard to install the kit, the worst part is doin the body work on it......and mine needs to be redone. Good News!!!!----Truck is opened up, and as far as I can tell the Cavi is fixed and not leakin anymore!!!!

Sam-I'll try and get some pics of them up or at least a link to them asap.

-Cody

My Rides:
'00 Ford Ranger, 3.0 V-6, 5spd, fully shaved, 4/5 drop, 18inch wheels, 245/45/zr18, small system, bed cover, FIPK kit, full exhaust, 4:10 gears.......thats it......for now
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 11:26 AM
sounds like youre on a role

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 1:17 PM

That's the truck, I'll have to get a up dated pic of the Cavi.

-Cody

My Rides:
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 2:13 PM
i dont think i have seen that before

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 7:24 PM
you say kit? did you not weld in the door filler plates?
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 8:45 PM
yeah, but then you've got to do some filler work with bondo and what not, get the body line/lines back lookin right.........and always remember to put in back up door cables

My Rides:
Thursday, December 14, 2006 5:28 AM
right exactley. I have a pretty good amount of experience with the body work. I have painted a number of cars and done a bunch of fiberglass work so I know how to do all that. I am just not very familiar with welding. I am thinking of taking a course at the local tech collage to get a little practice and expertice in before I buy a welder and "practice" on my new truck. LOL

I am planning to relocate the gas cap to inside the bed and shave the door off, put a rollpan on and chave the door handles/tailgate handle. along with perhaps the turn signals up front. I am still working on all the details and figuring out exactley what I want to do you know.
Thursday, December 14, 2006 11:30 AM
Yeah, mine is fully shaved ( handles, antenna, gas door, side steps, 3rd brake light, tail gate, roll pan molded in, full front conversion) soon to have cab seams shaved and front fenders molded into cab then a new paint job.

What kinda truck you got for a project truck?

-Cody

My Rides:
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search