Im Officially Going With Ecotec Swap!! 2.4L 4sale - Page 2 - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Im Officially Going With Ecotec Swap!! 2.4L 4s
Thursday, December 23, 2004 4:09 PM
I am very interested in your ho mani and 62mm TB I emailed you also.

Thursday, December 23, 2004 5:27 PM
^^ Sorry man i sold them both last weeked. I Practically gave them away too.

Cinny wrote:Dj, I don't remember seeing a light in my glove box, but I will double check for ya. I can also take pictures of my BCM in the car so you can see where the wires go if you need me to. e-mail me directly if you do so I can get on it. and is there i cool time to call ya for more specific info just in case.

There is a light in the glove box, my 97 had one, its right by the latch. The BCM in my car is fine, its the new one from the 2005 cavi, i just dont know if the BCM will be able to handle my power windows and sunroof. (My A/C lol)

You can call my anytime dude, my boss isnt very strick about phone calls, and if im busy the worse i can say is "im busy ill call you later" lol

Below i have some pictures of ALL the connectors in which i have no idea where they go
plus some goodies going into the beast. And Some progress pics as well. Most of my goodies i wasnt going to show you guys, but what ever you guys help me out, so you should know whats going on with my project

There are alot and not ment for the weak bandwidth wise :x

----

My New External Wastegate:

My New Mark Pain Tranny Bushings:

My RkSport A-arm Bushings that i have had for about 7 months LOL! (Not Installed)

My Carbon Fiber Hood :

My Messy 00+ Interior and Cluster And Harness:

My Messy Yet Nearly Empty Engine Bay:

My NEW Grand National 255lph HP Fuel Pump:

My New Rear Tranny Mount Bracket That Needs Welding:

My BABY Intercooler thats all grown up now (They Grow up so fast dont they?!?):
-Before: http://djclueless.home.mindspring.com/intercooler.jpg

These Are The Connectors That i have no clue where they go, The First Two Pictures are of the Longer Connector, It has a light bulb but its not for the Glove Box, The Yellow Connector Goes under the seat to the AirBag Module, So they connectors have to go around the shifter assembly, might be for the automatic to like up the PRND321 thing.

These i just have no Clue, Do they goto the HVAC? they ALL cant go there.
Also the 00+ HVAC doesnt work on vaccum? I use to use the HVAC vaccum Line as my boost reference into the car since it ran to the TB with the 97 Wiring Harness.

any comments welcome
Merry Christmas!

<br>

<br>-DJ

Friday, December 24, 2004 8:58 PM
Can someone please help me with the Wires... <br>

<br>-DJ

Saturday, December 25, 2004 6:14 AM
Ok the last picture the plug on the far lwft is the main plug that you need, for the AC stuff to plug into.
So you need this little harness that plugs into that plug (with 2 orange wires), for your HVAC, if you leave it unplugged it won't work.

TELL ME EXACTLY WHICH YOU NEED AND NUMBER THEM 1 BY ONE I HAVE NO DASH IN MY CAR SO I WILL GO OUTSIDE LOOK INTO MY CAR AND TELL YOU HURRY UP NOW!!!!
LOL We'll fugur it out.

BTW the other plug is the blower fan plug is the same as our old one(the gray one)

So which one do you need.
???

SunCavi <br>

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Saturday, December 25, 2004 11:03 AM
well im not gonna have a HVAC, and i dont have a blower thats why i couldnt figure out where they go lol, i forgot about that thing. Ill take pictures later.

Also one of those White Square Plugs fits in my Power Windows Switch, but im not sure if it goes there or not.

Thanks
-DJ <br>

<br>-DJ

Sunday, December 26, 2004 11:29 AM
Like I said I have no AC or Heat or Blower so it is easy for me to just look through the AC vents and see where the plugs go, or whatever.

I wouldn't know about the power windows because I don't have them and the car that my harness came off WAS AN AUTOMATIC IT DOESN'T MATTER DON'T STRESS.

MINE WORKS NO?? LOL

Anyways don't worry about the CLUTCH SENSOR THE CAR WILL WORK WITH OUT IT.
ECU won't even know anything about it, just dont tell it .

You won't need to push in the clutch to start the car so make sure you shift it out of the GEAR every time you start cause it will jump and possibly tear off your intercooler or whatever if you are parked, bump into the wall , you know what I am saying.

Take picuters and ask away, I'll keep an eye on this post.
If I have it running YOU will too.

SunCavi <br>

Sunday, December 26, 2004 1:11 PM
Thanks suncavi,

i havent had blower or A/C box or HVAC or anything that has to do with the A/C in a long time, so i forgot about that when i was wireing the new harness lol. the last two pictures are of a spereate harness, i cant find my digi cam, its missing, but maybe i can explain to you. the harness has a black connector in the middle and splits. The black connector connects the rest of the harness that connects to the ecu. Understand?
I dont know if that WHOLE seperate harness is entirely for the A/C.

As for the power windows, if i cant get them to work, ill see if the Junk yard wants to trade me for a set of manual windows. i want the car to be as light as possible.
but my windows MUST go down, thats my a/c.

another question Do you have a sunroof on your car? I thnk the harness i have MAY connect to the sunroof or the connector is just for the Doom light and the Map Lights on the rear view mirror.

how come you are selling your msd, you couldnt get it to work with the ecotec? I want to get my msd dis-2 to work on the ecotec, currently i havent found anyone on here that has been able to do it?

if you havent noticed i ask alot of questions. most of them i have an idea of what the answer might be, but being i havent done a project this big, i would rather double check just to be sure.

As for not having to start the car with the clutch pressed, im use to that, i bypassed that like the second day i got my car when i installed my remote start, I HAD to make sure my car wasnt in gear before starting it from the controller lol.

<br>

<br>-DJ

Tuesday, December 28, 2004 1:21 PM
[quote SunCavi]I can also tell you about Evap canister, and the gas tank and the module.

ok, what do i have to do with my Evap Canister? Can i Throw that @!#$ away?
i looked at my friends 04 cavi, and he doesnt have one.

Thanks
-DJ <br>

<br>-DJ

Friday, February 04, 2005 3:13 AM
well just to give all of you an update, not much has happened with the swap, ive been having to work alot of hours and no time to work on the car.

Tomorrow i plan to have the motor in the car, but lets see what happens.

i want to get the car running for the Feb Meet.

<br>-DJ

Friday, February 04, 2005 4:59 AM
Any other questions for me??
Sorry I didn't see, but you can run your old Evap. just plug in the vacuum into the little thingy under the collant overflow box.
The vacuum comes out of that weird looking the that had a green cap that is above the power steering, like a little valve.

Also the other plug I think is for cruise control. the big one you were talking about that splits off the 2 main ones for the computer.

The power windows and sunroof I don't have lol.

The MSD I am selling cause I need money form school man, not cause I couldn't get it to work.

Well luck.
SunCavi

Saturday, February 26, 2005 12:06 AM
New pics with update.

^^^ GOTTA LOVE THAT STANCE LOOKS LIKE IT NEEDS TO TAKE A PISS

^^ INTERCOOLER? WHERE? HEHEHEHEHE

^^ WAIT A MINUTE THATS NOT A RADIATOR

^^ MP Tranny mounts and my press

^^ some pics of my pretty not so ricey (red) RK mount
and the motor finally mounted!!!! be held up by all 4 mounts solid bushings all around.

Still got alot of work left, but im slowly going to be able to drive her again!

-DJ

<br>-DJ

Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:28 AM
do you HAVE to put in the BCM from an 03/04? and do you have to take out the ETS?

i got my swap done as well but it cranks like a sonuvabitch but wont run...it runs like the theft system...starts for 3 seconds then dies'?

i didnt know about the retraining of the key but i didnt put in a new BCM

any ideas?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search