I might be moving to Columbia, SC any suggestions? - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I might be moving to Columbia, SC any suggestions?
Sunday, December 05, 2004 6:26 AM
My wife might be getting relocated to Columbia, SC. Anyone from the area that can tell me a little about it ? <br>

Re: I might be moving to Columbia, SC any suggestions?
Sunday, December 05, 2004 7:20 AM
dont <br>

Re: I might be moving to Columbia, SC any suggestions?
Sunday, December 05, 2004 9:09 AM
LOL Whats wrong with Columbia ? <br>

Re: I might be moving to Columbia, SC any suggesti
Sunday, December 05, 2004 7:49 PM
lol I've driven thru a few times on my way to see my folks. seemed like a typical southern town to me. I only had lunch there, I didn't have any problems, out of state tags an all.

on a side note I did hear banjos playing in the background <br>

Monday, December 06, 2004 8:53 AM
there aint much to do in sc, not many j people either at least not many willing to meet up and hang out if it is more then a 20-30 min drive. also it get hot there and not much breeze, but people do live there so some must like it. <br>

Friday, December 24, 2004 9:56 AM
i hear its full of cow tippers that drive yeller cavy's...lol
Saturday, March 26, 2005 11:53 PM
I drive a yellow cavalier and I'm definitely not a Cow Tipper, lol. Seriously, it's an o.k. place, I've been here all my life (I live in Lexington) and it hasn't killed me. Not too many car clubs around here (not that I'm interested in joining one) in the Columbia area...you'll probably see mostly older model cars (i.e. Caprices, Monte Carlos) sitting on overprice 20" or greater chrome wheels (with spinners) or maybe a Civic or Cavalier with the same overpriced style of wheels, coke can exhaust pipe and ridiculous trunk spoilers...at least that's been my experience with the cars I've seen. Must of the vehicle clubs around here belong to your "Southern Boys"...to be politcally correct. The modded compact pick up trucks that are now made to look like Monster Trucks that hang out in the parking lot of grocery stores late at night. I have yet to see a J-Body club in the area that's local...but then again, that could be that I'm not looking. I know there's one out there...but driving to Myrtle Beach, Charlotte or any place generally longer than my exodus to work on a daily basis...just isn't worth it to me...probably because I don't handle driving long distances too well. That's the best insight I can offer...if you have more questions...I'll be happy to help answer them.
Sunday, March 27, 2005 9:21 PM
yea, Columbia isn't that bad I've been here all my life, Not realy much to do until 21. sux for me. not many j-bodys either, and the only car club around here I know of think their fast as crap and the best cars around but they sux, If you do move let me know I'm looking for someother j-body enthusiasts to talk with.

Jason
http://www.geocities.com/jjth39347
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search