The Florida J Show ... Again? - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The Florida J Show ... Again?
Sunday, May 01, 2005 9:00 AM
Hey guys,

I was thinking about somehow holding another J Show for all of us Florida guys sometime later this year (possibly in about 2 or 3 months from now). I was hoping to sponsor this and set up a few tables with some of our products so it'll give everyone a nice, hands-on experience with our turbo kits and fiberglass products. This would also give the guys that missed the show another chance...

Just wondering if anyone might be interested in attending another show...possibly the same place. Let me know and we can start planning this.

Thanks.

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

TAX ID: 45-8013458577-3

Re: The Florida J Show ... Again?
Sunday, May 01, 2005 9:27 AM
well what we do is we have it once a year at one of the citys that we all vote on, Then we vote on what weekend. But we do have location meets where bunch of guys get together and hangout once a month. But for the Annual show that has always been once a year for everyone. This has been the first time that it was done in Orlando back to back, and also Race Rock said we can come back again if we like.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Sunday, May 01, 2005 10:36 AM
Sounds good. I was just thinking of like a 'monthly meet', but with all of the guys in the central florida area. I know it wouldn't be too hard to do...I don't think we'd have judging and stuff though, just a hang-out really.

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

Sunday, May 01, 2005 11:17 AM
here in Orlando we do have a month meet, its always at hooters. We just meet up on a saturday night in that month and just hang out and do something. I think Ocala has meets on Tuesday nights and Jax has meets too. I dont know about Tampa or SFL i think they do but not sure. If you want see if you can make a month meet by you and see who you can get to come.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Sunday, May 01, 2005 3:37 PM
Over the past couple years people have talked about having a winter type meet around sept-Oct. Not a bad idea, and if you ask enough about it you might get a good turn out.

FU Tuning

Sunday, May 01, 2005 5:20 PM
maybe have a meet in SFL, CFL, and NFL...

Sunday, May 01, 2005 6:55 PM
Only if Judging was fair

fords suck ( Found On Road Dead )
Knight rider Lives
www.southfloridaracing.com
Sunday, May 01, 2005 7:05 PM
It was bound to happend some one complaining about judging.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Sunday, May 01, 2005 7:08 PM
^^^^^^ agreed it never fails

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Sunday, May 01, 2005 8:05 PM
he won a trophy, didn't he...i'm pretty sure his was the knight rider one...

i thought the judging was smooth and alot less complicated then last time...once again hell of a job. can't wait until next year...

as far as a winter type meet, i'm down for what ever...we could be the "semi" annual show...

later - donnie

Sunday, May 01, 2005 8:12 PM
Yeah, like a pre-meet six months away from the annual one

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

Sunday, May 01, 2005 8:14 PM
norbert shut the hell up man

if all you went for was to win a damn trophy then dont come again. ever.

Sunday, May 01, 2005 8:27 PM
im down for another meet, and i suggest we do it at Moroso
its like a mini park and a track.

hehe and i think the judging went smoothly, a little slow but pretty accurate.
and yes he did win 2nd place for mild, which isnt bad at all. Some people didnt even win anything!

-DJ

Sunday, May 01, 2005 9:01 PM
yea do a meet at moroso, that would be lots of fun

Sunday, May 01, 2005 10:38 PM
DJ Ruiz (DJClueless) wrote:im down for another meet, and i suggest we do it at Moroso

Now that is an idea! And a very good one to that!

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Monday, May 02, 2005 8:31 AM
That would be sweet, but I don't think I wanna drive that far I'm not sure how to get there, haha.

Dirfty Elf - I saw you at the JBO meet, just didn't have the chance to go up and talk with you. Did my girlfriend hand you one of our business cards? I know she was making the rounds, but I'm not sure if she spoke with you...

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

Monday, May 02, 2005 8:37 AM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
DJ Ruiz (DJClueless) wrote:im down for another meet, and i suggest we do it at Moroso

Now that is an idea! And a very good one to that!

that would be pretty sweet and hopefully my motor will be done then so i can run it.

Monday, May 02, 2005 9:34 AM
@!#$ I am down, I saw your car over there, frank too bad I didn't get to meet you tho.
DJ, how is the car??
That would be bad, running the Turbo cars like October when it gets cold and stuff.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Monday, May 02, 2005 11:41 AM
I posted in the previous post. I think we really need to consider having our meets in Orlando. Save the confusion of choosing a place etc... As i said it is nice and central people were able to come up for the day and go back. Any other location those who came for the day would not have come. I would really like to see it in one place. That anyone can say to people we have a Florida Meet in Orlando. Rather than we have a meet in Florida i don't know where yet. I know some people will say that is how it has always been done but it is time for a change.

"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Monday, May 02, 2005 11:50 AM
I agree. I say we just have another one at Race Rock sometime in early July.

SunCavi - Maybe we'll get the chance to talk at another meet man.

MaximumBoost.net
1-888-TURBO-31
sales@maximumboost.net

Monday, May 02, 2005 12:01 PM
frankmckeever wrote:I agree. I say we just have another one at Race Rock sometime in early July.

WoW July that will be bad for alot of guys, due to shows in the summer. I know we will be hitting all the HIN, and the GM Bash up North etc. Plus its alot of work to put one of these on and takes good planning and making sure you dont get scrawed at the same time! haha. Thats kind of why we always had the big Meet in April it was before alot of the summer shows. But I am down to doing it again next year and I also think we should raise money all year long for the next one. So when it comes time to plan and get classes we can add more and have more things. Also get more sponsors to give out door prizes. But then again who knows what GM is going to say about this last one, they might come to us and want us to do a GM Small Bash here like a Southen show.

I will let you know if i hear anything from them on that.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK

Monday, May 02, 2005 12:05 PM
April has been the best time for this meet other times were not the best because other conflicting shows happening in the summer.

all the time

Monday, May 02, 2005 12:08 PM
frank, i saw the srt and the business cards but i didnt talk to you or your gf... next time

i was real tired from grad night till 4am the night before

Monday, May 02, 2005 12:53 PM
I would come --

Monday, May 02, 2005 1:30 PM
THE HATED ONE wrote:
frankmckeever wrote:I agree. I say we just have another one at Race Rock sometime in early July.

WoW July that will be bad for alot of guys, due to shows in the summer. I know we will be hitting all the HIN, and the GM Bash up North etc. Plus its alot of work to put one of these on and takes good planning and making sure you dont get scrawed at the same time! haha. Thats kind of why we always had the big Meet in April it was before alot of the summer shows. But I am down to doing it again next year and I also think we should raise money all year long for the next one. So when it comes time to plan and get classes we can add more and have more things. Also get more sponsors to give out door prizes. But then again who knows what GM is going to say about this last one, they might come to us and want us to do a GM Small Bash here like a Southen show.

I will let you know if i hear anything from them on that.

this is a good point thou july may be to soon for another "big meet" but like september or something a lil farther down the road like that would be sweet and hpefully i will be boosting or something more by then.

i say we open ypu the voting to everyone and let everyone voice their choice on like the time fram and all......

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search