Suggestion/Opinions FL-J Show - Page 3 - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Suggestion/Opinions FL-J Show
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 12:03 PM
Mylife75 wrote:well i guess so i am trying to find away to get people to do a poll. trying to make a post to do a poll here is a pain. The yahoo is not visited so that should mean if people get on there now there would be a fresh start to conversation. Most people who were on there are not there any more and have left and really don't frequent this site any more either.

i said that because I no longer have my password to get on there, and do not have the email account it was set-up under anymore. As well do not have access to check my email, but once a week, if that.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 12:22 PM
I created a poll if some one wants to host this HTML code for it.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 12:23 PM
I created a poll if some one wants to host this HTML code for it.

<script language="Javascript">
document.write('<script src="http://www.go2poll.com/cgi-bin/nph-pwnet.pl?name=mylife75&id=1&session='+Math.random()+'"><\/script>');
</script><table><tr><td bgcolor=#FFFFFF colspan=2 align=right><font face="Verdana" size=-2 color="#000000"><a href=http://www.go2poll.com/><font color=#000099>Free polls from Go2poll.com</font></a></td></tr></table>

<script language="Javascript">
document.write('<script src="http://www.go2poll.com/cgi-bin/nph-pwrnet.pl?name=mylife75&id=1&session='+Math.random()+'"><\/script>');
</script><table><tr><td bgcolor=#FFFFFF colspan=2 align=right><font face="Verdana" size=-2 color="#000000"><a href=http://www.go2poll.com/><font color=#000099>Free polls from Go2poll.com</font></a></td></tr></table>

"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 12:55 PM
Quote:

Race rock (besides the helicopters)
- ok is it me or did we not have it on the other side this year and there was no problems? And why are bitching about this? I was going to emial this threat to GM and show them about how we would like to do a GM show down here but for get it now. There is nothing but crying on here and the ones that are doing this didnt even come this year! Look so far the vote is Orlando for next if so then it will be there again and I will put more in to it then this year. So far everyone and I mean everyone this year was happy! no one bitched or cried about anything, we had 7 judges (one person from each city) and no it just wasnt a SHOW! there was stuff to do there, and what i seen was people walking around talking to each other having a good time. And for this post take it how you want I dont care all you'll do is bitch more!

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 1:19 PM
THE HATED ONE wrote:
Quote:

- ok is it me or did we not have it on the other side this year and there was no problems? And why are bitching about this? I was going to emial this threat to GM and show them about how we would like to do a GM show down here but for get it now. There is nothing but crying on here and the ones that are doing this didnt even come this year! Look so far the vote is Orlando for next if so then it will be there again and I will put more in to it then this year. So far everyone and I mean everyone this year was happy! no one bitched or cried about anything, we had 7 judges (one person from each city) and no it just wasnt a SHOW! there was stuff to do there, and what i seen was people walking around talking to each other having a good time. And for this post take it how you want I dont care all you'll do is bitch more!

This above is a big reason why I would not want to go to Orlando for it!!!! That attitude.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 1:52 PM
John Higgins wrote:
THE HATED ONE wrote:
Quote:

This above is a big reason why I would not want to go to Orlando for it!!!! That attitude.

Funny there was no attitude there or even before the show. You need to get over it and move on, I dont know whats going on with you John but you became a real dick to me for some post I made saying people need to come and stop being weak over stuff.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 7:17 PM
THE HATED ONE wrote:
John Higgins wrote:
THE HATED ONE wrote:
Quote:

Funny there was no attitude there or even before the show. You need to get over it and move on, I dont know whats going on with you John but you became a real dick to me for some post I made saying people need to come and stop being weak over stuff.

What an a$$ ---- I have been to the last 5 fl J shows --- I went to track day and my car started misfiring so I could not make the trip again -- my bad--- I am not b!tching all I asked is if we could do a bbq after the show at the race rock ---

I probably have been to more shows then you and not to mention I was coming to this one I was going to make two trips from Tampa just to go ---

You do not even know me the thread asked for suggestions so I gave some maybe if you showed up for your own show's track day you would know why i was not at the show-- I have never once b!tched about judging - I said in an earlier thread I do not expect to win anything nor would I want to --

If you want to host every single florida J show from here on out YOU need an attitude adjustment --

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 8:16 PM
04 ecotec LS Sport wrote:
THE HATED ONE wrote:
John Higgins wrote:
THE HATED ONE wrote:
Quote:

What an a$$ ---- I have been to the last 5 fl J shows --- I went to track day and my car started misfiring so I could not make the trip again -- my bad--- I am not b!tching all I asked is if we could do a bbq after the show at the race rock ---

I probably have been to more shows then you and not to mention I was coming to this one I was going to make two trips from Tampa just to go ---

You do not even know me the thread asked for suggestions so I gave some maybe if you showed up for your own show's track day you would know why i was not at the show-- I have never once b!tched about judging - I said in an earlier thread I do not expect to win anything nor would I want to --

If you want to host every single florida J show from here on out YOU need an attitude
adjustment --

wow to think all this is over a post about suggestions. trust me i want nothing to do with the comments made here but i do want to make a point i was there at the track friday with the other two js "04 ls sport ls sport " and "herman" and 04 did mention his car was not running right so he might not show bc of it so i can vow for him. now mind you i went the past tow years to both the track and the show. i throughy enjoyed both even if ppl didn't go to the track for whatever reason but seriously ppl do we need to fight over some suggestions for next year...key word here is suggestions. look i particated this year by giving money even thou i didn't even put my car in and yet i still had fun. look i am up for anything i mentioned that before all you need to do is tell me where to go and i will be there. i mean i am going to the ocala monthy meets bc there is not much going on in the orlando scene anymore bc ppl have moved away to other citys so this also ends up moving the show somewhere other than orlando thats fine with me i just wanna hang with other js thats it and have fun...maybe we should just look at it like that instead of freaking arguing over the past stuff serious we are all one car group why not act that way instead of arguing but what do i know

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 8:37 PM
03lssportblue wrote:
i just wanna hang with other js thats it and have fun...maybe we should just look at it like that instead of freaking arguing over the past stuff serious we are all one car group why not act that way instead of arguing but what do i know

See...you've got the right ideal to have in my opinion. I know I'm not in the local J-body scene anymore, but I can say from the aspect of any group of car people that often times it's better just to get together and have fun rather than dwell on the petty differences of the past.

I know I'm going into ancient times here, but back in the Daytona meet days, everyone had a great time hanging out and having fun until some people tried to get too serious about it...which in the end tore us apart and killed what would be the last successful AND regularly held J-body meets for a few years.

-Scott
2003 VW Passat Turbo (20 psi Daily Driver)
1988 BMW 325i (Spec E30 Race Car Project)

Long Gone: 1997 Cavalier RS, 1966 Ford Mustang, 2002 Honda S2000, and so on...
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 9:03 PM
I was not trying to argue -- I made a simple suggestion and someone else said I was b!tching -- I drove to one of the local orlando meets one day just to hang out -- drove from tampa with herman during the week when I had class

I go to everything I possibly can I just did not apreciate HATEDONES comment towards me ---

I agree with not wanting to start a pissing match - my car had a bad week last week -- It was misfiring then I blew a tire on the interstate on the was to an exam and later that day it started to throw an engine code --

this week has been alot better - i got some rims today (no more donut -- yay) fixed the misfire and got it to stop throwing the code

Thursday, May 05, 2005 5:24 AM
THE HATED ONE wrote:
Quote:

No my problem with you is your way of approaching things, your attitude, and I'm not the only one that sees it either.

FU Tuning

Thursday, May 05, 2005 6:01 AM
I agree with 03lssportblue. We all just need to calm down about other people's attitudes. Its about getting the J community together. I have been to the last 4 of the 6 FL j-shows. Despite some little spats everyone has had over the years, every show has been pretty fun and cool to meet other j owners in the state. I mean does it matter if the person running has an attitude problem. NO!!. Life is what you make of it. Just my 2cents. Hopefully I will see everyone at the show next year. And thats all I have to say about that!!!

Thursday, May 05, 2005 6:18 AM
Let me start off saying I don't know many of you all here. I know a few peeps in jax & ocala. I was on the way to the Fla meet when my motor spun some rod bearings i'm sorry I missed it . If there is one next yr I will try to make it then ... hope to meet all of you ...

Now with that said .I would like to say It sounds like a big pissing match and if I was just someone new that just came to the ORG and started reading you alls post.. I would think there is too much BS Drama and would not show up.. So people think about what you are posting before you post .. so maybe new people coming to this board would want to come to your get togethers .. NOBODY wants to come out if all you people do is B*tch ,B*tch, B*tch. about this that and the other.. So GROW UP this is not high school.. The Fla meets will never amount to anything if all the Drama keeps up .. People get pissed and dont show. and new people wont show due to the Drama.. NOBODY wants to be part of that......results is no sponsors, no people in show , show is Dead

Everybody can take my post the way you want.. I'm just pointing out the facts .. Everybody have a nice day

Thursday, May 05, 2005 6:28 AM
This has gone to far.
All i can say there are going to be people in life people don't like just have to make the best of things. And you can't please everyone may be most but not everyone.

We need to get back on track about suggestion for the Florida show. This bickering is enough let us just get back on track.

all the time

Thursday, May 05, 2005 6:52 AM
You guys are sooo right it does not matter if the person hosting the meet is a ass and talks down to the people the show is for. People will come regardless of how they are treated by the person who is hosting it.

I guess what is important is we have soem people talking about more sponsors, and more people envolved, and others talking about missing the way it was about friends and hanging out and getting to know each other. So what is more important? Do we need another GM small Car Bash other than the annual one? Do we want to take away from what the J-body Bash is and was? I do not think so it should be mre abuot fun, hanging out, cruising, racing each other, and parting as a group. There is normal car shows to go to and try and win stuff, and worry if some jacked you up at the show. now saying that I do not mean not have any type of show. The show is suppose to bemore about showing the public what we are about and what we can do, to attract new people. Lets have awards, but not serious ones. Like best primier!!!!!! Tony!!!! Best rigged stereo, Russell!!!!! Do you get what I'm saying?

FU Tuning

Thursday, May 05, 2005 7:07 AM
maybe we can start a new post and let this one die --- some suggestions I guess got taken the wrong way ---

Thursday, May 05, 2005 7:10 AM
John Higgins wrote:You guys are sooo right it does not matter if the person hosting the meet is a ass and talks down to the people the show is for. People will come regardless of how they are treated by the person who is hosting it.

I guess what is important is we have soem people talking about more sponsors, and more people envolved, and others talking about missing the way it was about friends and hanging out and getting to know each other. So what is more important? Do we need another GM small Car Bash other than the annual one? Do we want to take away from what the J-body Bash is and was? I do not think so it should be mre abuot fun, hanging out, cruising, racing each other, and parting as a group. There is normal car shows to go to and try and win stuff, and worry if some jacked you up at the show. now saying that I do not mean not have any type of show. The show is suppose to bemore about showing the public what we are about and what we can do, to attract new people. Lets have awards, but not serious ones. Like best primier!!!!!! Tony!!!! Best rigged stereo, Russell!!!!! Do you get what I'm saying?

john I have NEVER TALKED DOWN TO ANYONE HERE! I posted what i did so what! look at this post its weak! thats right weak! bitching about this! we all have something good and people just want to piss on it! Look more people like the way its a show/hangout! not just a hangout if your going to do that then have your monthly meets and tell ppl to come.

And John better yet I will be up to Jax Saturday night for your meet

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Thursday, May 05, 2005 7:18 AM
THE HATED ONE wrote:
John Higgins wrote:You guys are sooo right it does not matter if the person hosting the meet is a ass and talks down to the people the show is for. People will come regardless of how they are treated by the person who is hosting it.

john I have NEVER TALKED DOWN TO ANYONE HERE! I posted what i did so what! look at this post its weak! thats right weak! bitching about this! we all have something good and people just want to piss on it! Look more people like the way its a show/hangout! not just a hangout if your going to do that then have your monthly meets and tell ppl to come.

And John better yet I will be up to Jax Saturday night for your meet

I never said just hang out. It seems it is pretty split on what people want, so that is what needs to be decided before we move on.

Your welcome to make it to our meet.

FU Tuning

Thursday, May 05, 2005 7:26 AM
In reality is will be a show with may be a raceday. We can organize a cook out or something for everyone to hang out together, may be have a cruise but you can plan all this but it still needs participation for all that to take place. Each year we learn from preivous years to make the next one better. We say what we would like to see at the next meet then we can get it done.

all the time

Thursday, May 05, 2005 7:43 AM
Mylife75 wrote:In reality is will be a show with may be a raceday. We can organize a cook out or something for everyone to hang out together, may be have a cruise but you can plan all this but it still needs participation for all that to take place. Each year we learn from preivous years to make the next one better. We say what we would like to see at the next meet then we can get it done.

Sounds good, but I still think we have people on different levels. The way It was first posted it was talking about making this a BIG thing with GM involved. DO we really need them involved? DO we want it that big? Sounds like some do, and some do not. When you make it big you lose the down to earth fun, and friendly part of it.

FU Tuning

Thursday, May 05, 2005 8:02 AM
THE HATED ONE wrote:

john I have NEVER TALKED DOWN TO ANYONE HERE!

Umm....?

-Scott
2003 VW Passat Turbo (20 psi Daily Driver)
1988 BMW 325i (Spec E30 Race Car Project)

Long Gone: 1997 Cavalier RS, 1966 Ford Mustang, 2002 Honda S2000, and so on...

Thursday, May 05, 2005 8:06 AM
I am going to start a new post since this on is sh!t --- if you want to complain or bicker do it here (although I think it has all subsided)

Thursday, May 05, 2005 8:08 AM
If GM gets involved in a small part that is cool with me. The show is not the whole weekend. It not like GM is going to be involved int eh BBQ or the cruise

all the time

Thursday, May 05, 2005 8:11 AM
No need to really make another post. It was just very healthy disccussion that is all.

all the time

Thursday, May 05, 2005 8:16 AM
haha I made one anyways so people do not have to read through the crap to get the good info in here

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search