Monthly Jacksonville meet - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Monthly Jacksonville meet
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 9:56 AM
This up coming Saturday the 7 at 8pm same place as always. Let me know if you need directions.

FU Tuning

Re: Monthly Jacksonville meet
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 11:34 AM
I will try to make it if I can get the motor changed out by then . If not there is next month .. I just got back from picking up another motor so hope to see you all sat

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 11:35 AM
Robert do you need help?

FU Tuning

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 1:14 PM
Here's an update on my situation:

Picked up a used transmission from LKQ. Should be swaping it in this weekend.
Suspension was shot so I ordred AGX's and H&R springs. New tie rods and ball joints are going in as well. New brakes are on the way too.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 1:14 PM
Oh, sorry to hear about that 2200 Robert.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 1:17 PM
Why new brakes you just put new brakes on it. Why did you get springs I have a set for you.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 3:45 PM
Zach wrote:Here's an update on my situation:

Picked up a used transmission from LKQ. Should be swaping it in this weekend.
Suspension was shot so I ordred AGX's and H&R springs. New tie rods and ball joints are going in as well. New brakes are on the way too.

hey Zach i was at LKQ in Gville today and picked up the motor. They have some nice parts there.. I'm glad to hear that you will be up and running soon.. do you plan to pull the motor also or just the trans??

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 3:52 PM
John Higgins wrote:Why new brakes you just put new brakes on it. Why did you get springs I have a set for you.

Well, I had everything torn apart and it was all blown to hell. I just decided to do it. The H&R's only cost me 140 shipped for new ones . Believe it or not, but my brake pads were GONE. I had them on for a year and abused the crap out of them. Whenever you get around to changing out your springs, I'll still take them off your hands though Trish will probably want them. If not, I'll hook a worthy Jax person up.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 3:54 PM
Robert, I'm just dropping the transmission straight out the bottom. I got a good deal from LKQ. 250 for a trans with 44k. The transmission mount looks brand new. Came with the torque converter and everything.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 4:33 PM
I hope I can make it to the meet!! And Robert and Zach I hope everything goes good and you have better luck than me.

ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 5:16 PM
Killercavi wrote:I hope I can make it to the meet!! And Robert and Zach I hope everything goes good and you have better luck than me.

What are you talking about? Your car still runs fine.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 6:40 PM
Zach wrote:
Killercavi wrote:I hope I can make it to the meet!! And Robert and Zach I hope everything goes good and you have better luck than me.

What are you talking about? Your car still runs fine.

^^ yeah rt thats what I was thinking.. LOL .. Well the motor and trans is out and the replacement motor will be painted and put in tomorrow

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 6:50 PM
Yeah but everything I try and do or fix turns to crap!!!!!!! That is all.

ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 7:01 PM
Robert, you dropping a 2200 back in or upgrading?

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 7:27 PM
Zach It's a 2002 yr 2200 with 21k on it.. The black Z is going to get a SC 3800 v6

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 10:05 PM
Oh. I was thinking you would probably swap the 2.4 in there or something. I couldn't remember if it was still good or not though.

Thursday, May 05, 2005 5:23 AM
no the 2.4s that are sitting around hear all have spun bgs on need to be rebuilt.. So the green cavy is just going to get a 2200 put back in .But i did find a SC3800 .. I hope I can get it and put in the black cavy if not I will rebuild and boost the 2.4

Friday, May 06, 2005 8:38 PM
Well at this time I'm not sure if I will make it ..

Friday, May 06, 2005 10:14 PM
I'm blind!

Friday, May 06, 2005 10:22 PM
And how is this for interesting:

I can't find axle seals for my car except from the dealer. I compared the seal to the one that goes in the timing chain cover and they look to be the same exact thing. Hmmmm....

Saturday, May 07, 2005 9:12 AM
well i will not be there...this time it's cause i have to work..damn i hate workin nights now..maybe we all could do something next weekend since alot of people are not sure if they can make it this weekend ?

Sunday, May 08, 2005 4:50 PM
Well here is an update:

Finding axle seals turned out to be a real chore. I had to call like 5 shops before I found them at napa(I got the last 2 they had). Get home and I mess one up putting it in, so I end up at my dealer paying $17 for one... After that it was time to drop the old trans and put the new one up.

I ended up dropping the whole $#@!^# subframe to get it out. New one was really hard to get in. I think we spent about 2 hours getting it in. Not having a hoist or a lift made it pretty crappy. I get the thing in, drop the pan and change the filter. Put the pan back on and then I go to connect the coolant lines and the people at LKQ gave me the wrong transmission!

There are two types, one where the upper coolant line is 27mm and the other is 36mm. They gave me the 36 when I asked for the 27.... Discount doesn't stock those coolant lines so I think I'll end up paying out the #@! for some lines from the dealer.

On the good side, AGX's get here tomorrow and the H&R's are already here.

Sunday, May 08, 2005 6:18 PM
just a update DONE

Sunday, May 08, 2005 7:24 PM
I don't remember seeing a header on there before, or those black intake pipes. Looks good man.

Monday, May 09, 2005 4:38 PM
LOL .. How's the trans ? Do you have the hose's that you need?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search