Parting Out Car - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Parting Out Car
Monday, May 09, 2005 10:17 AM
I'm trying to sell the car or the parts locally. The car will probably need to be trailored, unless it is taken a short distant b/c the head is either cracked or warped. I will sell the car as a whole or part it out. If you are interested or would like to see pictures email me at poogurl727@prodigy.net. The car is located in Winston Salem, NC. The description is as follows:

2000 Cavalier. Full FX Designs VS Combat Kit (front bumper is brand new), FX Designs Ram Air Hood, 18" Euromax Wheels (tread on tires is about 80, Intake, S-10 Tail light conversion, 2" drop, Vibrant exhaust, Magnaflow cat, 1.75 piping from header back, Black Tenzo seats, Painted dash ring & console, Razo shifter. Shaved door handles (door poppers & soleniods were just replaced w/ brand new Autoloc system 2 weeks ago), shaved trunk & antenna. Custom speaker set up for 12" sub & amp (Speaker and amp has been removed) w/ plexiglass covering front of speaker (Located in trunk); amp location is below speaker (where backseat was located), blue neons are located in both the speaker & amp boxes. The trunk needs to be completed. The car is in complete primer & (except for the jams) & is ready to be painted. Front left fender needs to be replaced. The head on the car is either cracked or warped, mechanic said that the head would have to be replaced. I also have a fifth wheel and tire that is included w/ the car. This car is great start for anyone wanting a project. The car itself has about 162,000 miles on it. The engine that is in the car now has about 40,000. The door speakers have also been replaced with new Audiobahn speakers. The trunk has 4 areas that need to be repaired where the wing was removed from the car; the spots have been welded shut, just need evening out for painting.

Re: Parting Out Car
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 7:18 AM
you have any pics of the stuff and how much for the seats?

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 7:52 AM
i emailed u at the address in your profile... i have pics of all the stuff, just let me know which ones u wanna see
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 9:59 AM
How much for the car??????
Thursday, May 12, 2005 4:32 AM
Yo chell, I hate to see you dump the car over a warped head. I have a whole 2200 engine in my basement. The head is already taken off and could probably just use being dipped to get it clean. I was gonna be using it to build but that project has gone by the wayside. so if you are intrested in it just let me know. Did you ever get the rear end painted on the S-10 conversion? L8r.
Thursday, May 12, 2005 5:43 AM
I'm just tired of messing w/ it. Everytime I get ready to do something to the Cavi something else comes up. I just had the radiator & all the hoses replaced on it b/c the guy told me that radiator was busted. When I thought the thing was fixed I find out that the head messed up. The whole car is in primer right now, so no I never go it painted. I'm gonna start working on my XB as soon as I get rid of the Cavi. I'm surprised you haven't seen my Cavi; it's been in Winston Salem for a while.
Thursday, May 12, 2005 8:39 AM
yeah, I don't drive mine a whole lot now cuz its a second car. just gonna make it the show car. but I guess we just don't travel the same roads or something. where you usualy drive around?

How do you like the XB? do you have graphite wheels on it and lowered? I see that one around pretty good bit.
Thursday, May 12, 2005 8:54 AM
The Cavi is over on Darwick Rd at a house there... I didn't drive it too much... My XB doesn't have anything done to it except tinted windows... It's black.. I think I've passed u when I was in it b4, but that was while back... I like it... it's just a pain to drive in the wind
Thursday, May 12, 2005 10:02 AM
yeah, its like driving a brick with wheels. I emagine the wind is crazy on the highway.

I finaly got my car painted. I pulled the drift kit off in favor of one that actualy fit the car. hahah I put a wingswest urethane on it. also finished all the tweed inside it.

My second car is a `91 Honda CRX now. its just a beater to get from A - B. gets great gass though. Also thinking I might throw a new engine in it at some point since its freaking slow as crap.
Thursday, May 12, 2005 4:38 PM
That's cool about your car Nick. I think I'm gonna keep mine. Hearing everybody talk about it makes me wanna keep it. Gotta try to find a head for it now.
Friday, May 13, 2005 10:23 AM
Like i say, you can get some head from me. uhhh I mean you can buy the head off my engine in the basement. hehehehe

Friday, May 13, 2005 11:16 AM
na i'm good! i'm getting the head off of my old motor... the guy that swapped my motors still had it so it goes to the machine shop next wk
Friday, May 13, 2005 2:05 PM
well thats good. I am glad to hear your keeping it. I was very tempted to get rid of mine myself when it was in primer and all. its sorta discouraging when it looks ugly and all. But well worth it once its finished. How do you like those autolock solenoids? I am gonna rent a welder in a few weeks and go ahead and weldup my doors. still trying to decide if I should pitch the key holes too. just don't trust those solenoides for freezing up. Where did you get your kit from?
Friday, May 13, 2005 2:45 PM
so far the autoloc system seems good... haven't had it really long enough to know though... the spal solenoids are pretty crappy... that's what i had b4... didn't take long for them to screw up... the kit came from fxdesigns... i have a spare front end for sale if u know anybody that might want it... it looks just like the one on my car
Friday, May 13, 2005 8:29 PM
I would be interested in the dash pad, or dash whatever is is called the vinyl part. Im at 37840. Thanks

Hi kids, do you like 5 inch exhaust tips?,
Wanna see me stick chrome fender flares over each one of my Konigs? Wanna
follow me and do exactly as I did? Try NAWS and get your motor F***** up
worse then my life is? My brain's dead weight, I'm trying to get my head
straight, but I an't figure out which sticker to put over my license plate.
And the mechanic says "Rice Burner you's a crack head "Nu-uh" "Then why's
your car dead man its wasted " Well since age 9 I've wanted an SI so I could
put chrome 18's on it and make it run 16.9's. Got pissed off and ripped all
my honda emblems off, And replaced them with "R" badges so people know Im
not soft. I smoke a big bowl of chron, and lay in my lawn, for longer then
it took me to put my altezzas on. "Come here bastard" "Dude , wait a minute
thats a Viper dawg!!" I don't give a F***, i'll just fly by and put my
hazards on!
QweeWee
Monday, May 16, 2005 1:57 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo Chell you cant sell the car, Altho I havent seen it in what 2 years?! its an awsome car!

Lol even remember me? haha Its Chazz I was at a Raligh meet(i think it was raligh) With a Stock Blue sunfire(not anymore)

I also have an entire 2.2 OHV with about 85k on it laying in the garrage if you wanted to resurect it

If not what do you want for the entire exaust system?(after the header) Or Ohh Ill trade the 2.2 I have for the Exaust

Anyways whatever it comes too good luck!

Monday, May 16, 2005 5:41 AM
i'm not gonna sell it... i went & got the head for it on saturday... sets me back on getting it painted, but oh well!
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 2:11 AM
yay!

Monday, June 27, 2005 1:01 PM
Changed my mind again! I guess the Cavi is for sale. I've decided to just start on the Scion. So if anyone is interested email me @ poogurl727@msn.com
Monday, June 27, 2005 4:49 PM
all of my parts from the cav i had sitting around are on sale in the classified if anyone wans some cheaper parts

sorry to post jack, but since you changed your mind and all

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search