Got 2 questions that i need opinions on .... - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Got 2 questions that i need opinions on ....
Friday, June 03, 2005 12:16 PM
Ok i started a new job about a week and a half ago and my first night there .... someone side swiped my car .... I'm thinking an SUV or Truck since it's so high .... they left a dent in my door ..... I would like to know how i can fix it .... i was told i could sand it then put bondo or something on it .... and then touch it up but is it really worth it if i'm just going to paint the car a different color eventually? .... Next i have a small crack in my windshield .... kinda looks like a snowflake or spider web pattern .... i was told i need a new windshield .... is this true ? .... i don't know how to post pictures on here or else i would .... you can email me and i will show you pictures ..... thanks

Re: Got 2 questions that i need opinions on ....
Friday, June 03, 2005 1:49 PM
Hey, I've got your answers. First of all, I'm an body man myself, and trust me, you cant just put bondo in it and touch it up. It requires alot more than that. The dent must be pushed out, then "skim coat" a thin layer of bondo over that, then sand it smooth and to get the paint to match, youd have to blend the paint in that area and then re-clear coat the whole door. If youre repainting the car anyway, Ide look into one of the "Paintless Dent Repair" guys and see if he can make it look better till you paint it. Also, for the windshield crack, it would have to be replaced, you cant permanetly fix a cracked glass. If you have any other questions, just ask.
Friday, June 03, 2005 7:08 PM
Well thanks for the info ..... I'm just worried because i don't want it to get so bad to where i look like a redneck driving an old pick up truck ..... Haha .... and i don't want that spot to rust and me have a rust spot ....
Monday, June 06, 2005 1:23 PM
My choice would be to let one of the paintless dent guys fix the dent and ask him if he has any touch-up paint to put over the place where the paint is chipped off so it doesnt rust. If he doesnt have any, get some from AutoZone or somewhere like that.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search