NOPI July 9th-10th Bristol TN - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NOPI July 9th-10th Bristol TN
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 5:19 AM
Who's gonna be there this year?

Re: NOPI July 9th-10th Bristol TN
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 8:20 AM
Not me. I think it SUCKED major balls last year. NOPI has went down hill ever since it left Pigeon Forge.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 8:31 AM
i wont be there.i went to the nopi rockingham show it was really bad,the worst show i have ever been to.i agree with crystal nopi is going down hill.good luck if you go.
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:53 AM
thats the same weekend as the Bash is it not

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 11:16 AM
yep.i want be there either.ill be at a show in nc.indy is just to far for to drive.
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 8:24 PM
That sucks about nopi going downhill....what was wrong with the show in NC?

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:16 PM
ill be there bout the only freakin car show around here to go to. not as fun as mini nats but its ok.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:23 PM
there wasnt many people there it was about a 1/4 of what was at bristol last year.that track is not a good place for a car show they had half on pavement and the other half in dirt/grass.it was so bad i didnt go back on sun.i was told i got first in my class,there was only 2 cars in my class.me and pistolero.there was only 5 cavs,and one sunfire.2 street class.3 in custom class,1 wild.there was 3 nissan skylines in the show,that was cool.most people that i talked to there said they wouldnt go back.
Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:28 PM
when i turned in my registration they emailed me and said that the bristol show was the biggest on the ndra schedule and biggest show other than nopi nationals.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:56 PM
That sucks that the NC show wasn't that big.

Rick is right about Bristol...it brings alot of cars from everywhere in the south.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 2:39 AM
Maybe Nopi USED to bring in a lot of cars, but just take a look at last years' show in comparison to the year before. And then take a look at the last Nopi show at Governor's Palace in Pigeon Forge....it keeps getting smaller and smaller and having less and less vendors.

When I entered Nopi in 2003 (w/my kandy green cav) and there weren't more than 3 cavs in every class, they combined classes and even dropped classes. I was in the mild class and I waited around on Sunday because I thought I had a good chance of winning something. They never called my class out, so I asked about it and they said that there hadn't been more than 3 cars in my class, so they dropped it. With the amount of money you pay to enter...and even considering I KNOW that there were at least 4 other cars, besides mine, in my class...I was PISSED, as were the other cav owners. And it's never been the same since, really.

So the judging sucks, the turnout sucks, the vendors suck....I def won't be there.

Thursday, June 30, 2005 7:34 AM
Quote:

So the judging sucks, the turnout sucks, the vendors suck

I would deff agree with that. I went down the the NC show along with ricefreecav. I took my sunfire down there.The crowd was not great. The turn out was not great and the vender's sucked. I still had a good time. But, for $65.00 a customer should get a lot more. You're paying for the pro drag racing. And the judging!!!! My God Rice free and myself were told 3 different things about what they look for. How they can drop classes, bump you up and what not. Sounded like to me they needed to get there sh!t together! Oh Ricefree congrats on your first place finish. You no they said they would have the results put up on the web on Tuesday and here it is Thrusday. I still don't no if I won anything. LOL oh well. I still had fun I just things were a lil off and misleading.

CLICK SIG FOR UPDATED CARDOMAIN
Thursday, June 30, 2005 8:31 AM
i just talked to nopi they said results should be up today????
Thursday, June 30, 2005 2:31 PM
NOPI SUCKS!!!

Sunday, July 03, 2005 3:58 PM
I think I remember hearing about your class gettin dropped that year...that really sucked. I hope it doesn't get any worse, because it's really the only show I ever go to.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005 6:51 PM
I am planning on being there. The car is nowhere near ready my hood still hasn't gotten in. Last year did suck but I thought we would give it one more shot.

Julie
Saturday, July 09, 2005 7:33 PM
pretty decent first day. not as many people as last year,, not very many j-bodies seen a sunfire a couple of older z24s a white 03+ with a type j kit . i seen your car phillip i was tryin to find ya to meet oyu but missed you, car looks great. good luck with the judging hope to bring home a award myself. ecotecs beating the crap out of everyone on the race track!!

Saturday, July 09, 2005 11:04 PM
I saw your car as well Rick...The wheels look really good in person. Goodluck on getting an award...I'm just hoping they don't merge all the J-bodies into one class since there wasn't to many.

Pics coming soon....

Sunday, July 10, 2005 7:18 PM
Who all placed...I'm pretty sure I heard Rick's name called. I didn't recongnize anyone else's name.

Sunday, July 10, 2005 7:32 PM
yea I placed 2nd. Got beat out by a 95 sunfire the black one with the graphics and stuff, not really my taste but judges must have liked it. Im not sure who got third and didnt hear any of the custom winners. did you place? I only seen a couple others in that class with you and they werent all that great.

Sunday, July 10, 2005 10:06 PM
That Sunfire got 1st? Meh, I guess NOPI likes all that flashy stuff. It sounded like they said someone from Erwin in the custom class...but I don't know of anyone from Erwin with a modded Cavalier...unless it was one of the beat up 2nd gens...They didn't call my name, I know that.

There were only like 4 other Cavs in my class...the one that looks kinda like Majors ( here on the org), the white +03 with the Type-J, and the white 95-99 with the IF bumper.

Monday, July 11, 2005 2:27 PM
Whats up guys, mine was the white 03. I registered in the street category. Didnt get anything, but I only registerd because it was cheaper for two of us to get passes by registering. I looked around for the owners of the other j's but the only one I ever saw was the owner of the Fire, and I talked to the owner of the Blue one at the gas station on the way out. Congrats on placing guys.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You just got smoked by a rental car!
Monday, July 11, 2005 2:59 PM
liked your cav looked like ur hood needed a good wax job, it looked a little cloudy that would probably clear it right up. I think you an me were the only 03+ cavs there least thats all i saw. I wasnt at the show area all that much i mainly watched the racing.

Monday, July 11, 2005 8:42 PM
I wanna know who placed....lol I didn't see that many Cavs or Sunfires.

Rick placed...
and that's all we know of so far.

Monday, July 11, 2005 8:58 PM
Yea Im curious as to who placed 3rd in my class and who all placed in your class. I saw the 2nd gen zs (not very nice chrome hub caps and all) The white 03, a completely stock black 95-00, and I think a white 00-02. And then sunday I saw a black 95-00 with a blue trunk and rear bumper and the really fixed up bluish greenish colored one. I may have seen 8 all together counting ours.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search