Winter FL J-meet???? - Page 2 - South East Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Winter FL J-meet????
Monday, July 18, 2005 8:38 PM
How is that Turbo instal going for you??
This Saturday I think you said you are putting it in right??
If so I should have my stuff done by then, I dropped the tranny today, started at 6:30 and finished at 9:00 and took off the pressure plate and the flywheel and cleaned up.
All in 2.5 hours. Damn starter took me about 30 minutes alone.lol
So my Quaife came in today at AE (Automotive Enginering) I am still waiting for the diff. side bearings from Maher so I can take it to this one guy so he can put it in.

The clutch Karo said should be in by Friday and flywheel is sitting here waiting.
So Wednesday I am taking the tranny in and getting it on Friday and that is when all goes in and breaking it in for Saturday street races. Got to put 400 city miles on the clutch before I go bananas with it and throw I huge slick on.

Let me know if you guys are gonna do anything on Saturday I could swing by cause I will be driving around doing nothing, so If you all want a little Turbo knowledge around then holla.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 7:34 AM
I'm alittle new to the j body style since I bought my 99 sunfire and was wonderin' where you guys meet at in tampa. My sunfire is now a project car and I hope to paint it soon. Let me know when and where so I can see more j body cars.
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 8:56 AM
I will post the next Tampa meet in here for sure

---- As for the Turbo install I am waiting on a few parts still --- I really want the thing in this weekend but i will def let you know when we are doing it for sure.

Friday, July 22, 2005 5:22 AM
This sounds like fun!
The time frame also gives me time to get my girl out of her stock attire and into something nice.
Friday, July 22, 2005 7:28 AM
ok guys me and dan are finishing up the details now... we will have them up within a week.

alexis you better come girly... lol

Friday, July 22, 2005 7:39 AM
this sounds like it could be something pretty sweet with no drama hopefully

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Friday, July 22, 2005 7:41 AM
Okay so far this is what we have

Friday November 4th we will have a track day At Bradenton Motorsports

Bradenton info

On Sat the 5th we will meet at the Cracker barrel in oldsmar on Tampa road (Hillborough ave) at 10:00 am for brunch

Click here

From there we will go to Howard Park (park on a small beach) and have a BBQ, sports and of course talk about and show off our cars.

Info here

We are currently getting all of the Hotel information taken care of for you guys if you have any question or suggesions feel free to post or you can email them to me or i am on aim all of the time or you can also contact Casey he has all of the info also

Friday, July 22, 2005 7:54 AM
Sweet guys!! Looks like you guys have put together a nice, but not too busy of a meet.

FU Tuning

Friday, July 22, 2005 8:01 AM
Any idea how much money should we put aside for this?
Friday, July 22, 2005 8:04 AM
20-30 bucks... depends on how much you want to eat at cracker barrel

Friday, July 22, 2005 8:31 AM
AEROGEARZ24 wrote:20-30 bucks... depends on how much you want to eat at cracker barrel

True!!! Figure track is probably $15 to run? $5 to watch? How every much for a hotel (if you get one), and food. I would consider it a average weekend.

FU Tuning

Friday, July 22, 2005 8:38 AM
yep that is the plan -- we do not want it to be too expensive

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search